2022 Trinity League vs The USA event

10 hours ago, Bodysurf said:

I see this new site is no different than others in that almost every thread gets hijacked. This is a thread about 'Trinity League versus USA'. The discussion above is a good one but wtf does it have to do with the topic of this thread? There is another thread dedicated to Texas so do us all a favor and respect the thread topics. Or else this new site will turn to crap like the others.

This was my fault- I honestly thought I was on the Texas thread.  I moved back the moment I realized.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Texasball said:

The potential for SOC to create power house is better than you realize.  I could see them if they continue to have success able to beat 6A programs like Desoto on any given Friday night.

If they can beat Desoto,  DeSoto is a 5-5 team that year

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Texasball said:

You just don’t understand the potential that SOC has.  Historically, they been losing players to the private schools in the area and public schools like DV, CH, DS

I understand that they have never been what I consider good

Edited by Steeler01

17 minutes ago, JULYTHESFAFAN said:

The Trinity League VS The USA Event happened in 2019 right? Would love to see one this 2023 and expand it to 2024.

Yeah, I believe it was:

St. John Bosco vs Good Counsel (MD)

Mater Dei vs St. Frances Academy (MD)

JSerra vs Milton (GA)

On 3/10/2022 at 4:30 AM, Steeler01 said:

I still think DLS is good,  but they're nowhere near what they were 10 years ago.  I'd put any amount of money on DLS vs SOC. 

Calm down - we are only looking at what SOC potentially could be.

how bad would the last state title team from DLS get beat by MD/SJB today?

31 minutes ago, Texasball said:

Calm down - we are only looking at what SOC potentially could be.

how bad would the last state title team from DLS get beat by MD/SJB today?

neutral field
[2021] Mater Dei (Santa Ana, CA) 42, [2015] De La Salle (Concord, CA) 10

• Like 1

2 hours ago, GardenStateBaller said:

I was a CP skeptic until they predicted MD would beat DV 48-3. The rest is history. I'm all in now. 

It’d be interesting to see what they predict the scores to be for the top 10 games of the season and come back and compare them afterwards 

I’m more dubious about Calprep’s rankings than their score predictions. Somehow an algorithm can be biased towards CA…

1 minute ago, WILKINSON said:

It’d be interesting to see what they predict the scores to be for the top 10 games of the season and come back and compare them afterwards 

I’m more dubious about Calprep’s rankings than their score predictions. Somehow an algorithm can be biased towards CA…

IMO the Top 4 teams in America last season mirrored CPs year end results: MD, Servite, Cen10 and SJB. If this occurred each season (which it doesn't), then I'd be a skeptic. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, GardenStateBaller said:

IMO the Top 4 teams in America last season mirrored CPs year end results: MD, Servite, Cen10 and SJB. If this occurred each season (which it doesn't), then I'd be a skeptic. 

Cen10 was the second best team last season. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Sammy Swordsman said:

Really?  Who did they beat?

I am going by what I saw. I saw Servite play 5 or 6 games, including MD twice. Based on what I saw I thought Centennial was better. They were BY FAR the toughest game for MD last year. It was only game all season that at any point during the game I was not certain we would win. Centennial would have beaten Servite and Bosco IMO.

2 minutes ago, Bodysurf said:

I am going by what I saw. I saw Servite play 5 or 6 games, including MD twice. Based on what I saw I thought Centennial was better. They were BY FAR the toughest game for MD last year. It was only game all season that at any point during the game I was not certain we would win. Centennial would have beaten Servite and Bosco IMO.

Your take would have more credibility if it wasn't already established that you despise Servite.   Also  Servite beat SJB by alot  (when it mattered) and SJB beat at least 3 State Champions - also by alot. 

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, THEOC89 said:

I get what you are saying, but There is No way anyone can say Definitively that Cen10 would have Beat Servite…. 

Servite has just as Impressive wins last year as Cen10 over the same opponents and Servite Actually Beat SJB on the field by 3 TD’s…. 

My observation is The Only Reason the Cen10 Game was so close is MD took Cen10 lightly…. I mean the last few times MD played Cen10 they crushed them…. It’s natural for HS kids to have a Let Down and think “We got this in the Bag”….

I Luv Cen10 and Everything about them but Servite Played MD within 7 and 9 points 2 out of the last 3 and put up 37 points on MD…. The only other team to do that in the last 4 years is SJB who put up 41 and 39 against MD in wins, but has not been close to MD since….

Servite was Clearly the 2nd Best Team in Cali and I would say Servile  or SFA was #2 Nationally…. 

Of course what I said is speculation and my opinion. You can make a good case for Servite as #2 in Cali despite 3 losses. But as I said, Cen10 was MD’s best opponent last year on the field, leaving daisy chains out of the equation. And I guarantee you that MD did NOT take Cen10 lightly.