BG: played BC twice and DBP once

SFA: played PC, DBP and SJR

MD: played BC

SJB: played SPP and DBP

Also: DLS played DBP twice

Corona Centennial has played IMG Academy twice

Mission Viejo has played Don Bosco Prep twice

14 hours ago, Texasball said:

That’s not my point.  The truth is there is only hand full of privates that have truly taken their level play to super elite by recruiting 

IMG, MD, SJB, SFA, BG

(STA FL) has been elite the longest

and guess what state has now scheduled all of them?  

It hasn’t been that long ago that DLS was the king of California- yet they got beat in nearly every oOs game they played on their way to winning California.

My point - don’t just set us up with super recruited private schools.

This is always your way of excuse making instead of accepting that Texas top teams can’t play with everyone .There is absolutely no way MD or SJB are the same as IMG or SFA and every rational thinker knows this.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, 1Since71 said:

This is always your way of excuse making instead of accepting that Texas top teams can’t play with everyone .There is absolutely no way MD or SJB are the same as IMG or SFA and every rational thinker knows this.

No excuses here…I love oOs games! 
They are the same in my book, because they seek out and recruit players.  

34 minutes ago, Texasball said:

No excuses here…I love oOs games! 
They are the same in my book, because they seek out and recruit players.  

Your proof? People said the same about Allen after the 70 transfer article came out but there’s no actual proof just a bunch of speculation and innuendo.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, 1Since71 said:

They are the same in that they have found a way to monopolize the amount of talent in the state . I don’t know why you guys can’t be honest about this instead of trying to convince us on these boards that the talent at those schools is routine/common place matriculation  

do you know how much of the top 20 talent in Cali, for the past 4 years, has gone to MD and SJB?

Edited by Horsefly
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

They are the same in that they have found a way to monopolize the amount of talent in the state . I don’t know why you guys can’t be honest about this instead of trying to convince us on these boards that the talent at those schools is routine/common place matriculation  

do you know how much of the top 20 talent in Cali, for the past 4 years, has gone to MD and SJB?

Monopolizing talent and recruiting like IMG are two completely different things and that’s the honesty of it.Just like Allen was monopolizing transfers but it doesn’t mean they were recruiting does it?

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, 1Since71 said:

Monopolizing talent and recruiting like IMG are two completely different things and that’s the honesty of it.Just like Allen was monopolizing transfers but it doesn’t mean they were recruiting does it?

You said there was no way they were the same, that’s not true. I choose my words purposely, I said what I said. I don’t care how the talent gets on campus, the similarity between the programs is in the monopoly they have on the talent. Why did kids start flocking to MD and SJB in your view? 

Edited by Horsefly

The greatest recruiter is success. Success begets future success. The second biggest recruiter are the kids themselves. Do people really think that coaches and adults from MD and Bosco are going out on the recruiting trail? There is no need to. What does happen is that these kids know each other, play 7x7 together, and are all connected on social media. They want to play at a successful program that will give them exposure. 

Edited by Bodysurf
typo
  • Like 2

18 minutes ago, Bodysurf said:

The greatest recruiter is success. Success begets future success. The second biggest recruiter are the kids themselves. Do people really think that coaches and adults from MD and Bosco are going out on the recruiting trail? There is no need to. What does happen is that these kids know each other, play 7x7 together, and are all connected on social media. They want to play for a a successful that will give them exposure. 

Them OG Ducks and OC Buckeyes be tuff.

42 minutes ago, Bodysurf said:

The greatest recruiter is success. Success begets future success. The second biggest recruiter are the kids themselves. Do people really think that coaches and adults from MD and Bosco are going out on the recruiting trail? There is no need to. What does happen is that these kids know each other, play 7x7 together, and are all connected on social media. They want to play at a successful program that will give them exposure. 

MD didn’t win any state titles from 2000-2016, their spike in talent happened around 2015 or so, why? (they had the same HC for the previous 2 decades) 

49 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

You said there was no way they were the same, that’s not true. I choose my words purposely, I said what I said. I don’t care how the talent gets on campus, the similarity between the programs is in the monopoly they have on the talent. Why did kids start flocking to MD and SJB in your view? 

So having good talent makes them the same? That’s a huge stretch IMO

1.The first thing Coach Negro did was establish a direct line of communication with the top youth programs in the area.Just like Publics do with feeder youth programs.

2.established a culture of playing the best competition in national games which is a strong attraction to kids looking to play at the next level.

3.used social media to invite players and families to on campus activities attended by D1 coaches 
as well as kids talking to each other at 7v7 .

Once you establish these things at any program you will have high level kids and families wanting to attend 

1 hour ago, Horsefly said:

Exactly- routine was DLS.  
Allen is so different, during the Kyler Murray years that community was growing at tremendous rate.  This has slowed now and other towns near by are the ones benefiting more from the growth.

3 minutes ago, Texasball said:

Exactly- routine was DLS.  
Allen is so different, during the Kyler Murray years that community was growing at tremendous rate.  This has slowed now and other towns near by are the ones benefiting more from the growth.

Funny they’re not benefiting on the same level as Allen did

1 hour ago, Bodysurf said:

Nobody is questioning any of this.  Now look at the foot print of where all the players come from.  

23 minutes ago, 1Since71 said:

1.The first thing Coach Negro did was establish a direct line of communication with the top youth programs in the area.Just like Publics do with feeder youth programs.

2.established a culture of playing the best competition in national games which is a strong attraction to kids looking to play at the next level.

3.used social media to invite players and families to on campus activities attended by D1 coaches 

Once you establish these things at any program you will have high level kids and families wanting to attend 

No, I said monopolizing the local, state talent makes them the same.  

MD didn’t win any titles from 2000-2016, so what major change was there in the program from then to what they are doing now? They’ve had the same HC for all of that period 

4 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

MD didn’t win any titles from 2000-2016, so what major change was there in the program from then to what they are doing now? They’ve had the same HC for all of that period 

Scheduling elite OOS games/competition has def helped their cause the last five years (BC, SFA, IMG, DV, etc.). #PGL

23 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

Rollo followed suit.If rumors are correct he even met with Negro to discuss how to do it in the 21st century 

30 minutes ago, 1Since71 said:

I just explained that to you in the prior post in how Negro established SJB

👇🏽 This is a lawyer speak way of saying: recruit! 😂 

2 hours ago, 1Since71 said:

14 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

It’s no different than what Jesuit, Nolan Catholic or Prestonwood Christian currently do. 

So if all Cali privates all operate on the same principle, then how come MD and SJB consistently get better talent than Bishop Amat, Santa margarita and the jserra types?

Private schools in Texas play in a secondary, inferior league than publics,  so they don’t attract the same level or amount of talent. Not the same in Cali   

Edited by Horsefly

1 minute ago, Horsefly said:

So if all Cali privates all operate on the same principle, then how come MD and SJB get better talent than Bishop Amat, Santa margarita and the jserra types?

Private schools in Texas play in a secondary, inferior league than publics,  so they don’t attract the same level or amount of talent. Not the same in Cali   

Because those other teams stink. Greatness wants to be surrounded by greatness. Don Bosco benefited the same ways from 2000-2012. The hot team(s) attract the best ballers. It doesn’t last forever. Just ask John Curtis, Ed’s, DBP, BG and Trinity*. 

• Haha 1