2022 Trinity League vs The USA event

29 minutes ago, Steeler01 said:

Your point is wrong. You have no clue about what you're talking about.  No kid from Long Beach will travel up north on the 605 passing the 5 fwy. That's not happening.  When you come to Cali and take that FWY at 7 am get back to me

One doesn’t have to drive, they can take a bus. They don’t live in isolated, rural communities.  Do you know how common it is for kids throughout the country to travel hours to school?   

1 minute ago, Horsefly said:

One doesn’t have to drive, they can take a bus. They don’t live in isolated, rural communities.  Do you know how common it is for kids throughout the country to travel hours to school?   

So you're going to drive 35 minutes to an hour longer just because? 

You're grasping now because you don't know the area that these kids are coming from.  

5 minutes ago, Steeler01 said:

So you're going to drive 35 minutes to an hour longer just because? 

You're grasping now because you don't know the area that these kids are coming from.  

Yes steeler, it’s about recruiting. Some Kids drive farther to attend MD and SJB.  

Using your logic why would they ever leave any locals schools and travel a distance to attend other schools, but yet we have evidence of it 

3 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

Yes steeler, it’s about recruiting. Some Kids drive farther to attend MD and SJB.  

Using your logic why would they ever leave any locals schools and travel a distance to attend other schools, but yet we have evidence of it 

Some kids do,  and those kids usually aren't around another private school that plays at the top level. 

How many kids are attending Bosco or MD from the San Gabriel Valley do you think? That's the area that Bishop Amat is from

Edited by Steeler01

12 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

I mean, Raleek Brown who's from Stockton somehow ended up at Santa Ana. Five hour difference. Domani Jackson, from Temecula ends up at Santa Ana, an hour drive barring traffic. I mean, the opportunity for more scholarships and the exposure to bigger colleges is there. I just don't like the whole facade of claiming that every skilled player was raised and born in Santa Ana, Bellflower, etc. IMG Academy discloses where the players are from. 

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Steeler01 said:

Some kids do,  and those kids usually aren't around another private school that plays at the top level. 

How many kids are attending Bosco or MD from the San Gabriel Valley do you think? That's the area that Bishop Amat is from

I don’t know the exact number, but according to MDs website they have a big countywide footprint 

“Students represent 184 zip codes from five counties in Southern CA: Orange, Los Angeles, Riverside, San Bernardino, and San Diego.”

This is an excerpt out of a NYT piece 

“Kerry persuaded his mother, Erin Miller, to let him transfer to Mater Dei, believing that it might help him earn a college scholarship.

For five months, Miller woke at 3 a.m. and drove her son 150 miles down Interstate 5 to Santa Ana, …”

That’s a hell of a commute !!

• Haha 2

19 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

I don’t know the exact number, but according to MDs website they have a big countywide footprint 

“Students represent 184 zip codes from five counties in Southern CA: Orange, Los Angeles, Riverside, San Bernardino, and San Diego.”

So you have no clue.  LA county is 21 miles to Mater Dei. San Bernardino county is 29 miles away. Riverside county is 28 miles away.  All of these areas that they're getting players from,  don't have privates other than Servite and SJB to deal with. I'll let you look at a map and try to figure that out. I've never heard of a kid from San Diego County playing for Mater Dei but if they claim they get students from there, I guess they do.  

Edited by Steeler01
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

This is an excerpt out of a NYT piece 

“Kerry persuaded his mother, Erin Miller, to let him transfer to Mater Dei, believing that it might help him earn a college scholarship.

For five months, Miller woke at 3 a.m. and drove her son 150 miles down Interstate 5 to Santa Ana, …”

That’s a hell of a commute !!

Nice of you to pay to try and find stuff

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bakersfield.com/sports/rising-centennial-football-star-kerry-transferring-to-national-power-mater-dei/article_6fee348e-ddab-11ea-86a4-cb271be1f36c.amp.html

Covid 19 led to this kid coming to Mater Dei

Edited by Steeler01

3 minutes ago, Steeler01 said:

So you have no clue.  LA county is 21 miles to Mater Dei. San Bernardino country is 29 miles away. Riverside county is 28 miles away.  All of these areas that they're getting players from,  don't have privates other than Servite and SJB to deal with. I'll let you look at a map and try to figure that out. I have never heard of a kid from San Diego County playing for Mater Dei but if they claim they get students from there, I guess they do.  

LA county includes la puenta, that’s why I highlighted it. 

You don’t have to guess steeler, the school knows more than you where they get students from, so it’s not a bridge too far to think they get athletes from those places too

8 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

LA county includes la puenta, that’s why I highlighted it. 

You don’t have to guess steeler, the school knows more than you where they get students from, so it’s not a bridge too far to think they get athletes from those places too

La Puente is a city in LA county, but that's not the area of LA county they're pulling from. You brought up La Puente because of your Bishop Amat statement that asked why don't they get the players Mater Dei and SJB get.  When location was brought up, you came up with a guy from Bakersfield that transferred because of Covid

Edited by Steeler01

10 minutes ago, Steeler01 said:

150 miles away!!  Lol.

And no steeler his move was not due to just covid. From the article: “…That pursuit of academic and athletic excellence — coupled with the uncertainty created by the COVID-19 pandemic — has led to some unexpected opportunities.

Just now, Horsefly said:

150 miles away!!  Lol.

And no steeler his move was not due to just covid. From the article: “…That pursuit of academic and athletic excellence — coupled with the uncertainty created by the COVID-19 pandemic — has led to some unexpected opportunities

Created by covid. 

1 minute ago, Horsefly said:

150 miles away!!  Lol.

And no steeler his move was not due to just covid. From the article: “…That pursuit of academic and athletic excellence — coupled with the uncertainty created by the COVID-19 pandemic — has led to some unexpected opportunities.

Tell us again how Carson,  Long Beach,  Compton etc are places that Bishop Amat will be fighting for with SJB and Mater Dei 🤡 

2 minutes ago, Steeler01 said:

La Puente is a city in LA county, but that's not the area of LA county they're pulling from. You brought up La Puente because of your Bishop Amat statement that asked why don't they get the players Mater Dei and SJB get.  When location was brought up, you came up with a guy from Bakersfield that transferred because of Covid

Steeler these aren’t zoned schools. A kid at BA doesn’t have to come from just la puente. He can come from any city within LA county.  Smh

I brought up the Bakersfield kid to show that distance and time is not a barrier to where kids transfer to…keep up  

5 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

Steeler these aren’t zoned schools. A kid at BA doesn’t have to come from just la puente. He can come from any city within LA county.  Smh

I brought up the Bakersfield kid to show that distance and time is not a barrier to where kids transfer to…keep up  

I know why you brought it up. That's a horrible example. How often is a kid coming from Bakersfield to these schools.  That's an outlier that took a black swan event

Why would a kid who lives much closer to SJB, Mater Dei and Servite attend Bishop Amat,  JSerra or Santa Margarita?

Edited by Steeler01

3 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

Well they can’t because they don’t have the program of SJB.   Lol

They don't,  because what they want is much closer. 

Just like kids have been going to Duncanville from all over the south corridor these past few years. Why go to Desoto/ Cedar Hill when Duncanville is offering you the same thing. The rise of Duncanville,  can be traced to the demise of Cedar hill and Desoto

Edited by Steeler01

1 minute ago, Steeler01 said:

They don't,  because what they want is much closer. 

Just like kids have been going to Duncanville from all over the south corridor these past few years. Why go to Desoto/ Cedar Hill when Duncanville is offering you the same thing. The rise of Duncanville,  can be traced to the demise of Cedar hill and Desoto

Distance doesn’t matter. I already provided other examples! My point is if Amat was the superior program they’d get the kids from wherever they need

Edited by Horsefly