2022 Trinity League vs The USA event

33 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

👇🏽 This is a lawyer speak way of saying: recruit! 😂 

Lol every private school has a shadow day that kids interested in that school walk around campus all day as 8th graders.You Texans really are hurt by simple ass kickings 😂

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Because those other teams stink. Greatness wants to be surrounded by greatness. Don Bosco benefited the same ways from 2000-2012. The hot team(s) attract the best ballers. It doesn’t last forever. Just ask John Curtis, Ed’s, DBP, BG and Trinity*. 

MD did nothing spectacular from 1999-2016 with the same HC. They didn’t just magically get better with scheduling. Those Cali schools were losing to BG on a regular basis. 

So in their talking to players and parents, what were their early selling points?

20 minutes ago, 1Since71 said:

Lol every private school has a shadow day that kids interested in that school walk around campus all day as 8th graders.You Texans really are hurt by simple ass kickings 😂

And how do those kids get interested in the 8th grade what school they want to attend for shadow day? Lol 

So you think mater dei and SJB have developed a system of attracting talent without recruiting that even colleges don’t use? 😂 

Edited by Horsefly

20 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

MD did nothing spectacular from 1999-2016 with the same HC. They didn’t just magically get better with scheduling. Those Cali schools were losing to BG on a regular basis. 

So in their talking to players and parents, what were their early selling points?

Look at their OOS games the last five years. 

1 hour ago, GardenStateBaller said:

It’s no different than what Jesuit, Nolan Catholic or Prestonwood Christian currently do. 

In no way, shape, or form does Dallas Jesuit or Houston Strake Jesuit do the same thing that Mater Dei and St. John Bosco does. Otherwise, those schools would have 80% of the elite talent in the DFW or GHA area.

Nolan Catholic does have some athletes from across the Fort Worth suburbs, and Prestonwood from the Dallas suburbs but they’re private schools, they don’t have attendance zones to pull from. But they don’t do it they way it’s done in SoCal. 

42 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

And how do those kids get interested in the 8th grade what school they want to attend for shadow day? Lol 

So you think mater dei and SJB have developed a system of attracting talent without recruiting that even colleges don’t use? 😂 

I already explained how they attract kids now you’re purposely being obtuse 

24 minutes ago, WILKINSON said:

In no way, shape, or form does Dallas Jesuit or Houston Strake Jesuit do the same thing that Mater Dei and St. John Bosco does. Otherwise, those schools would have 80% of the elite talent in the DFW or GHA area.

Nolan Catholic does have some athletes from across the Fort Worth suburbs, and Prestonwood from the Dallas suburbs but they’re private schools, they don’t have attendance zones to pull from. But they don’t do it they way it’s done in SoCal. 

They all have to recruit students in order to keep their doors open. 

1 hour ago, Horsefly said:

So if all Cali privates all operate on the same principle, then how come MD and SJB consistently get better talent than Bishop Amat, Santa margarita and the jserra types?

Private schools in Texas play in a secondary, inferior league than publics,  so they don’t attract the same level or amount of talent. Not the same in Cali   

1 minute ago, GardenStateBaller said:

TX will have plenty of chances to silence the critics in 2022. I expect Allen, Cita, DeSoto and DV to all represent well. 

You should know Texas is it’s own world. It’s never going to be defined by OOS critics or play. 

29 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

my gaud man they are both experiencing a relatively recent surge in talent. They didn’t change locations in the past 15 years! 

Bosco got Negro. Negro coached Bellflower Junior American football for many years before being a HS coach. He was well known in the youth community. 

Long Beach district changed their enrollment policies as well.  Which is why Poly hasn't been as good

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, Steeler01 said:

Bosco got Negro. Negro coached Bellflower Junior American football for many years before being a HS coach. He was well known in the youth community. 

Long Beach district changed their enrollment policies as well.  Which is why Poly hasn't been as good

Steeler, the simple answer is as a minimum; players, parents, boosters, youth league and 7on7 coaches and others close to these programs do the recruiting. It’s not some new angle Rollinson and Negro schemed up to get kids on campus. 

they hit these groups early and hard so that by 8th grade “shadow day” they have already been groomed/marked by these school handlers 

Edited by Horsefly

22 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

Steeler, the simple answer is as a minimum; players, parents, boosters, youth league and 7on7 coaches and others close to these programs do the recruiting. It’s not some new angle Rollinson and Negro schemed up to get kids on campus. 

That's how it is everywhere. Including Texas. 

30 minutes ago, Steeler01 said:

That's how it is everywhere. Including Texas. 

I said at a minimum thats what’s done.  

Did I say it wasn’t that way in Texas? You guys are the ones running around thinking MD and SJB do it by outreach; playing OOS games and location…because that’s what was said in this thread

Smh  

16 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

I said at a minimum thats what’s done.  

Did I say it wasn’t that way in Texas? You guys are the ones running around thinking MD and SJB do it by outreach; playing OOS games and location…because that’s what was said in this thread

Smh  

I never said that.  Bosco/MD don't have to do anything.  They'll get kids their until there's a switch in coaches.  Winning attracts kids.  When Negro was hired,  I said that Bosco would get talented kids because of his background.  That happened,  just like I said Baiz at Cucamonga and now Etiwanda would have a lot of success(best coach in Southern Cali I've been around)

16 minutes ago, Steeler01 said:

I never said that.  Bosco/MD don't have to do anything.  They'll get kids their until there's a switch in coaches.  Winning attracts kids.  When Negro was hired,  I said that Bosco would get talented kids because of his background.  That happened,  just like I said Baiz at Cucamonga and now Etiwanda would have a lot of success(best coach in Southern Cali I've been around)

You said it was all about location.  Smh

Edited by Horsefly

2 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

How close is BA to bellflower? 

20 miles

The bigger deal is how far is Long Beach,  Carson,  Compton etc to La Puente

I sometimes have to go to carson for work stuff.  It takes me an hour and a half if there's traffic. I live in walnut. It's a 15 minute drive to Bishop Amat from my house on the streets

Edited by Steeler01

Just now, Steeler01 said:

20 miles

The bigger deal is how far is Long Beach,  Carson,  Compton etc to La Puente

My point is the schools are in close enough proximity to each other.  They’re not that far apart and neither are those cities to la puente

1 minute ago, Horsefly said:

My point is the schools are in close enough proximity to each other.  They’re not that far apart and neither are those cities to la puente

Your point is wrong. You have no clue about what you're talking about.  No kid from Long Beach will travel up north on the 605 passing the 5 fwy. That's not happening.  When you come to Cali and take that FWY at 7 am get back to me

1 minute ago, Steeler01 said:

Your point is wrong. You have no clue about what you're talking about.  No kid from Long Beach will travel up north on the 605 passing the 5 fwy. That's not happening.  When you come to Cali and take that FWY at 7 am get back to me

No kids from Hacienda Heights,  Glendora,  San Dimas, Walnut,  Rowland Heights etc are going to SJB. For the same reason

Edited by Steeler01