2022 Trinity League vs The USA event

12 hours ago, Sammy Swordsman said:

Your take would have more credibility if it wasn't already established that you despise Servite.   Also  Servite beat SJB by alot  (when it mattered) and SJB beat at least 3 State Champions - also by alot. 

Not all MD alum despise Servite. I have a lot friends that went there. I like beating them on the field but I respect them.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Sammy Swordsman said:

Really?  Who did they beat?

Going by how they played MD in the playoffs last year,  they looked better than any other team on MD's schedule.  Also, looks like coach Logan is still reluctant to kick field goals.  Opted not to kick 2 field goals (6pts). Lost by 5 pts. You do the math Sambo. 

• Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, Old_e said:

Going by how they played MD in the playoffs last year,  they looked better than any other team on MD's schedule.  Also, looks like coach Logan is still reluctant to kick field goals.  Opted not to kick 2 field goals (6pts). Lost by 5 pts. You do the math Sambo. 

IMO Cen10 didn't have enough offense to stay with Servite.   Cen10 had the ball first and goal inside the 5 twice and came away with 0 points.  Servite had no trouble scoring off MD and also led MD multiple times, whereas Cen10 trailed the who game.  MD knew Cen10 couldn't score enough so MD just ate clock with the running game.

The same night Servite was beating SJB by 3 scores, but yeah take your consolation pee pee hug from the MD guys who despise anything that would point to  Servite being good.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Sammy Swordsman said:

IMO Cen10 didn't have enough offense to stay with Servite.   Cen10 had the ball first and goal inside the 5 twice and came away with 0 points.  Servite had no trouble scoring off MD and also led MD multiple times, whereas Cen10 trailed the who game.  MD knew Cen10 couldn't score enough so MD just ate clock with the running game.

The same night Servite was beating SJB by 3 scores, but yeah take your consolation pee pee hug from the MD guys who despise anything that would point to  Servite being good.

Thank you for confirming my point regarding cent10 and the field goal issues.

17 hours ago, THEOC89 said:

I get what you are saying, but There is No way anyone can say Definitively that Cen10 would have Beat Servite…. 

Servite has just as Impressive wins last year as Cen10 over the same opponents and Servite Actually Beat SJB on the field by 3 TD’s…. 

My observation is The Only Reason the Cen10 Game was so close is MD took Cen10 lightly…. I mean the last few times MD played Cen10 they crushed them…. It’s natural for HS kids to have a Let Down and think “We got this in the Bag”….

I Luv Cen10 and Everything about them but Servite Played MD within 7 and 9 points 2 out of the last 3 and put up 37 points on MD…. The only other team to do that in the last 4 years is SJB who put up 41 and 39 against MD in wins, but has not been close to MD since….

Servite was Clearly the 2nd Best Team in Cali and I would say Servile  or SFA was #2 Nationally…. 

When a superior team takes their opponent lightly, most likely the score is close in the first qtr or at halftime.  However,  the superior team will pull away in the second half. Hence, the score at half between Norco and MD. MD led at halftime by 7 points and ended keeping Norco scoreless in the second half and winning big. They couldn't pull away from Corona Centennial. 

8 hours ago, Bodysurf said:

Of course what I said is speculation and my opinion. You can make a good case for Servite as #2 in Cali despite 3 losses. But as I said, Cen10 was MD’s best opponent last year on the field, leaving daisy chains out of the equation. And I guarantee you that MD did NOT take Cen10 lightly. 

Guys who support teams with crappy SOS always point to "losses" as the determining factor for rankings.  Without any mention as to who the losses came from. Those same type guys also had 2021 Collins Hill as a top 5 team and  Dutch Fork highly ranked.

29 minutes ago, THEOC89 said:

So you are saying Cen10 should be #2 in Cali Because Servite had 3 losses, 2 of which were to MD and 1 to SJB?….

How many teams in the whole Country would go 1-3 in 4 games in the same year with MD and SJB?….. SFA, STA, IMG?….. Maybe Cen10 could do that…

I get the whole rivalry thing but you MD guys can’t ever give Servite any Credit…. If MD and Cen10 played a second time, MD wins by 3 scores…. They took Cen 10 lightly because they Smoked them like 3 straight times and none of those games were remotely close….  These are High School Kids, these things happen….

If Cen10 beat SJB by 3 TD’s on the field like Servite did, Then Cen10 being #2 would make sense…. But a “Close Loss” doesn’t Trump a “Top Tier” Win…..

I never said Cen10 should have been ranked #2 in Cali. Servite deserved their #2 ranking based on their body of work.  What I said was that IMO Cen10 was the second best team last year. 
I disagree with your assessment of MD beating Cen10 by 3 TDs if they played again. MD was fortunate to win that night. If they played 10 times last season, MD wins 7-8 times. 

Nobody is going to convince that any team in Cali last season other than MD would have beaten Cen10.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Bodysurf said:

I never said Cen10 should have been ranked #2 in Cali. Servite deserved their #2 ranking based on their body of work.  What I said was that IMO Cen10 was the second best team last year. 
I disagree with your assessment of MD beating Cen10 by 3 TDs if they played again. MD was fortunate to win that night. If they played 10 times last season, MD wins 7-8 times. 

Nobody is going to convince that any team in Cali last season other than MD would have beaten Cen10.

Only a MD guy would claim this.  Of course the No name QB and WR’s from Cen10 were more of a threat to MD than TMac and Fifita.    SMH. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Sammy Swordsman said:

Only a MD guy would claim this.  Of course the No name QB and WR’s from Cen10 were more of a threat to MD than TMac and Fifita.    SMH. 

Sammy why do you have a hard time understanding that Cen10 was MDs toughest game last year? Only a Servite guy would say that Servite played MD tougher than Cen10. I could care less who the ‘threats’ were on the field. The Cen10 team was the bigger threat.

2 hours ago, Bodysurf said:

Sammy why do you have a hard time understanding that Cen10 was MDs toughest game last year? Only a Servite guy would say that Servite played MD tougher than Cen10. I could care less who the ‘threats’ were on the field. The Cen10 team was the bigger threat.

If that was MD's toughest game then MD played down to their competition.  MD and every elite team has a game like this every season.

Don't try to make Cen10 something that they weren't. 

1.  MD was apparently not "up emotionally for Cen10".

2  Cen10 rotated a couple of Jr. QB's and had no marquee names at WR or RB. 

The Stache took his limited game plan and foot off the gas and just wanted to leave with a "w".  

YOU may have been sweating it out, but don't interpolate your fears onto anyone else. 

Cen10 was a very good team last year, but to go out of your way to mention your opinion that Cen10 was better than Servite is unnecessary and an extreme minority of opinions.

Next  you will claim that Akron was the best team UCLA basketball played all year.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Sammy Swordsman said:

If that was MD's toughest game then MD played down to their competition.  MD and every elite team has a game like this every season.

Don't try to make Cen10 something that they weren't. 

1.  MD was apparently not "up emotionally for Cen10".

2  Cen10 rotated a couple of Jr. QB's and had no marquee names at WR or RB. 

The Stache took his limited game plan and foot off the gas and just wanted to leave with a "w".  

YOU may have been sweating it out, but don't interpolate your fears onto anyone else. 

Cen10 was a very good team last year, but to go out of your way to mention your opinion that Cen10 was better than Servite is unnecessary and an extreme minority of opinions.

Next  you will claim that Akron was the best team UCLA basketball played all year.

Sammie, are you related to RedZone? I swear y’all are the exact same man. 

On 3/19/2022 at 4:20 PM, Sammy Swordsman said:

Servite had no trouble scoring off MD and also led MD multiple times, whereas Cen10 trailed the who game. 

So.....comparing Servite's regular season loss to Cen10's playoff loss?  Let's compare both teams' losses in the playoffs, shall we? 😉

• 5 months later...
3 minutes ago, THEOC89 said:

They Should have Added, “The Running Clock will begin at Halftime for each game so everyone will be home early.”….. 🤣

This event has so much promise after that 1st year, you guys did an outstanding job!…. It’s just too bad SJB is not interested is playing great teams in this event…. 

I've recommended that we bring back past teams as long as they play different TL opponents. For instance, SFA could play SJB, GC could play MD, etc. 

• Like 1