Orlando Jones FL at DV on 9/3

1 minute ago, Horsefly said:

Dctf actually made a playoff prediction and they had Katy as the D1 winner.  No matter of reposting the rankings changes that detail. Lol 

now, what were the assessments based on rankings after the season stated? It was all related 

Did Katy play in division 1

2 minutes ago, Steeler01 said:

Did Katy play in division 1?

No they didn’t.  Did I argue what actually happened?  

steeler wants to point to the reality that made Katy go D2 but ignore the realities that were NS losing to Westfield and how that made them drop during the season … lol

Edited by Horsefly

No they didn’t.  Did I argue that? Lol

You argued that NS wasn't expected in the championship. You're now using DCTF prediction that couldn't happen because Kati played in division 2. The 4th ranked preseason team in Texas played nobody higher than them in the playoffs( preseason rankings)

6 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

No they didn’t.  Did I argue what actually happened?  

steeler wants to point to the reality that made Katy go D2 but ignore the realities that were NS losing to Westfield and how that made them drop during the season … lol

NS making the finals and winning wasn't a surprise to anyone

Edited by Steeler01

Just now, Steeler01 said:

NS making the finals and winning want a surprise to anyone

it was a pleasant surprise to some of their most ardent fans whose opinion about their team I respect a hell of a lot more than anyone’s on here. You can even go back to their team thread and read it. 

Just now, Horsefly said:

it was a pleasant surprise to some of their most ardent fans whose opinion about their team I respect a hell of a lot more than anyone’s on here. You can even go back to their team thread and read it. 

Everyone knew they'd be in the finals once the brackets came out. You know I had them there

8 minutes ago, Steeler01 said:

You argued that NS wasn't expected in the championship. You're now using DCTF prediction that couldn't happen because Kati played in division 2. The 4th ranked preseason team in Texas played nobody higher than them in the playoffs( preseason rankings)

They weren’t predicted in the finals preseason by dctf and that expectation dropped after they lost to Westfield. (There are several site rankings that dropped them quite a bit to include HSFBA)  It’s not that nefarious steeler.  Good grief! 

Edited by Horsefly

3 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

They weren’t predicted in the finals preseason by dctf and that expectation dropped after they lost to Westfield. (There are several site rankings that dropped them quite a bit to include HSFBA)  It’s not that nefarious steeler.  Good grief! 

That's because they had Katy in division 1. Let's go over this again.  Does Texas outside of a select few have teams that are division 1?

4 minutes ago, Steeler01 said:

That's because they had Katy in division 1. Let's go over this again.  Does Texas outside of a select few have teams that are division 1?

Steeler that has nothing to do with their prediction. It doesn’t change what they thought at the time. Nor does it affect perceptions after the Westfield loss. 

dctf changed their rankings and playoff predictions after the first Atascocita win.  (Nov ‘21) I’ll let you find that for your first piece of research on this topic and tell me what it says. 

Edited by Horsefly

Steeler that has nothing to do with their prediction. It doesn’t change what they thought at the time. Nor does it affect perceptions after the Westfield loss. 

dctf changed their rankings and playoff predictions after the first Atascocita win.  (Nov ‘21) I’ll let you find that for your first piece of research on this topic and tell me what it says. 

Of course it changes

If a team isn't in your division that you're predicting to beat you,  it changes.  DCTF had nobody ranked higher in their region

1 minute ago, Steeler01 said:

Of course it changes

If a team isn't in your division that you're predicting to beat you,  it changes.  DCTF had nobody ranked higher in their region

But why did it change steeler?  Why did Katy actually not go D1? 

Edited by Horsefly

3 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

What was the reality that took place for why Katy went D2 instead of D1? 

I don't care to look into that. If DCTF knew definitively who was division 1 and 2 you'd get a better picture.  At the end of the regular season NS was the top team in their region(Division 1) and their side of the bracket based off of DCTF. You know when people actually know whose in their division, region etc

Edited by Steeler01

4 minutes ago, Steeler01 said:

Anyone reading this knows how ridiculous you sound.  

now you’re trying to appeal to the masses. Lol. You’re arguing with a pub that put forth a prediction you don’t like. Pure stupidity.  And nothing you put forth changes their prediction.

now I’m waiting for you to Wade into the regular season and rankings.  Let’s go!

1 minute ago, Steeler01 said:

I don't care to look into that. If DCTF knew definitively who was division 1 and 2 you'd get a better picture.  At the end of the regular season NS was the top team in their region(Division 1) and their side of the bracket based off of DCTF. You know when people one who actually was in their division, region etc

No kidding genius.  I’ve never argued facts and what actually took place.  That’s not the argument, it was about predictions. 

2 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

now you’re trying to appeal to the masses. Lol. You’re arguing with a pub that put forth a prediction you don’t like. Pure stupidity.  And nothing you put forth changes their prediction.

now I’m waiting for you to Wade into the regular season and rankings.  Let’s go!

I don't need to appeal to anyone.  You're ridiculous,  and your stances are to because you try to hard to defend the depth crap.  You were quoted saying that NS wasn't a contender preseason.  The number 4 team in your state lol

Edited by Steeler01

6 minutes ago, Steeler01 said:

You've argued that they weren't a contender according to you

Wrong! This is what I said and it was based on expectations AFTER their loss to Westfield 

👇🏽

12 hours ago, Horsefly said:

Dude stop acting like you’re some HSFB savant, you’re not! You didn’t say 💩  until after they had already navigated their district. After the loss to Westfield, NS stock fell. NS went through 3 QBs (Mitchell, Broussard, Jean)  this past year, and while Kay was trying to rebuild that position, Bailey was on the freshman team. Not many had NS as a contender until Bailey showed up in week 6 or so. 

there was no young guy(s) it was one, the QB. They had no other soph or freshman headliners on this team last year. 

11 hours ago, Horsefly said:

I had no real expectations preseason for end of season. Definitely not to predict who makes a title appearance (except Westlake)  

but I was aware NS had a QB issue going into the fall. Their fans talked about it a lot. Several of them were spot on with their predictions on what would happen.  

You wrote this

3 minutes ago, pied said:

•  

I’’m confused. Was this preseason or AFTER the loss to Westfield?

• but very few had them as a front runner preseason or even after the season started. 
  •  Not many had NS as a contender until Bailey showed up in week 6 or so. 
  • they dropped to 8th after the season started and changed QBs 4 times. 
  • I had no real expectations preseason for end of season. 

Yes you’re confused. Now post the definition of contender and front runner. They’re not the same. 

• Haha 1