Orlando Jones FL at DV on 9/3

3 minutes ago, pied said:

Ridiculous?  It's not even questionable.  

Like I said, message board conversations are funny.

Did you project NS making the finals after their Westfield loss and QB controversy or did you like others only gain 20/20 vision after the fact? Smh

Edited by Horsefly

3 minutes ago, pied said:

I didn't give two craps about that at the time, to be honest. 

So you didn’t even make a personal assessment on 6A hierarchy then, so why comment now? 

that is the basis of our comment, NS based on results, QB issues was not projected (rankings)  to make the finals. That should not be controversial 

Edited by Horsefly

1 hour ago, pied said:

to level set, this is(I believe) the origin of this part of the conversation:

If you understood that North Shore wasn’t supposed/expected to be there in the first place, maybe you wouldn’t be questioning them.

A preseason top four wasn't supposed/expected to be in the final 4 teams?  What is the actual point we're arguing?

Yes they weren’t! I provided the preseason predictions from dctf on the playoffs. They had #2 Katy coming out of region 3 D1.  

Edited by Horsefly

8 minutes ago, pied said:

And MaxPreps had them #2 over #4 Katy.  🤷‍♂️

To me you're picking nits to make a point.  The point to me is a bad one.  Sure, Dave Campbell had them ranked one place lower than Katy out of 245 teams.  They had won the state title two of the previous three years, having lost to Westlake in the semis in the other year.

Its’ not a nitpick, it literally is what we stated it was … a projection.  Where is the lie pied?  

dctf didn’t just make a ranking they made an actual preseason projection , playoff by playoff and region by region 

did you read the dctf playoff projections for each region they posted last July?  

Edited by Horsefly

7 minutes ago, pied said:

During that time period?  Not so much.  I'm a DFW guy and also more wrapped up in my kid's team (TOTALLY out of the realm we're talking about) during that time.

I'm on this thread because the Duncanville - Orlando Jones game piqued my  interest.  Specifically talking about the Northshore expectations because it's funny to me.

You just stated you had no clue about NS. You read about them after the fact . Did you watch them during the regular season, did you know they dropped to #8 in the season all the way to week 9? Did you know they went through 3 QBs before bringing up the freshman?  What about this move speaks  state titlist to you?  Smh

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, pied said:

And MaxPreps had them #2 over #4 Katy.  🤷‍♂️

To me you're picking nits to make a point.  The point to me is a bad one.  Sure, Dave Campbell had them ranked one place lower than Katy out of 245 teams.  They had won the state title two of the previous three years, having lost to Westlake in the semis in the other year.

NS won those two titles mainly on the back of Dematrius Davis (and other players) …who graduated. Why would you use a two time QB champion as the basis for them being a guaranteed titlist the following year? 

Edited by Horsefly

3 hours ago, Horsefly said:

Well steeler week 10 they beat Atascocita (baileys first start) . And of course that’s when you became enlightened about NS.  Lol

Bailey was irrelevant to me. NS was getting to the finals imo regardless of who the QB was.  Their path sucked

Edited by Steeler01

2 hours ago, Horsefly said:

Steeler just face the fact you are wrong and move on. There were several predictors before the season and well after it started (that I provided) that NS wasn’t projected to win its region. 

A preseason number 4 made the finals and you're astounded by that lol

2 hours ago, pied said:

Funny how message board conversations go.  

Everyone would agree that NS is a top 10 probably top 5 program in Texas the last ~5-10 years.

They were ranked by Dave Campbell as the #4 team in the state.  MaxPreps had them as the #3 team in the state.  Now we're nitpicking whether they were predicted to be in the state finals.

Perhaps not, but to think they were a surprise is a dopey take.

Horse will take that stance

Just now, Steeler01 said:

Bailey was irrelevant to me for NS getting to the finals. Their path was

Like I said they wouldn’t have beaten Tompkins if they  were left shuffling with jeans and Mitchell.  When Bailey went out in that game those guys did nothing! They scored scored zero points! That’s all the evidence I needed that Bailey was the correct choice 

17 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

And they were projected to lose to another top 5 program.  😂 you guys are comical arguing and trying to refute what dctf predicted.  

Projected barring that team was in their division. Can you show us where they were predicted to finish when the playoffs started. 

22 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

Like I said they wouldn’t have beaten Tompkins if they  were left shuffling with jeans and Mitchell.  When Bailey went out in that game those guys did nothing! They scored scored zero points! That’s all the evidence I needed that Bailey was the correct choice 

What ifs again

23 minutes ago, pied said:

Early perceptions being #2 and #4, right?  

SURPRISING when those teams finish, you know, in the top 4.

this isn’t about the emotional aspect of the outcomes pied (surprised) . It simply and literally was about “was NS predicted in the preseason to win their region”. The answer is “no”. 

No amount of reposting of rankings, rehashing how many titles they’ve previously won will change that. 

Edited by Horsefly

5 minutes ago, pied said:

LOL, I went to Arlington Lamar.  My kid plays in the same league as Oakridge though.

I think I recall seeing you say that you live in/near Argyle.  That would make us neighbors.  🙂 

(Flower Mound, 1171, just east of 377)

Yep! That’s me. And oh yeah, I think I might’ve confused Greenhill school for The Oakridge school. Both great choices. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, pied said:

You have stated that few regarded them as a front runner.  CLEARLY that is incorrect.  

MaxPreps:

Texas Preseason MaxPreps Top 25

1. Westlake (Austin), 14-0 record in 2020
  2. North Shore (Houston), 14-1

https://www.maxpreps.com/rankings/football/1/state/texas.htm

HSFA:

High School Football America Mid-Atlantic Top 25 powered by NFL Play Football

1. Westlake (Austin, Texas)
  2. Southlake Carroll (Texas)
  3. Katy (Texas)
  4. Duncanville (Texas)
  5. North Shore (Texas)

https://highschoolfootballamerica.com/2021-preseason-high-school-football-america-southwest-region-top-25/

TEXASHSFOOTBALL.COM

1. Austin Westlake
  2. Southlake Carroll
  3. North Shore

https://texashsfootball.com/texas-hs-football-2021-preseason-rankings-6a/

Dave Campbell:

CLASS 6A

1. Austin Westlake
  2. Katy
  3. Southlake Carroll
  4. Galena Park North Shore 

https://wacotrib.com/sports/high-school/preseason-texas-high-school-football-rankings/article_cc2eb54e-6321-5705-8edf-139aaea0e4d9.html

Those rankings make your comments look silly.  

• but very few had them as a front runner preseason or even after the season started. 
  •  Not many had NS as a contender until Bailey showed up in week 6 or so. 
  • they dropped to 8th after the season started and changed QBs 4 times. 
  • I had no real expectations preseason for end of season. 

Did those other sites make a playoff prediction pied? I only know that dctf did;  a preseason ranking is not a playoff prediction. 

NS falling to 8th in the rankings is not my ranking; it’s dctf or the APs. 

Here is DCTF playoff prediction:  

Regional Winners

Division I – Katy over Humble Atascocita

Division II – Clear Falls over Alvin Shadow Creek

now please post HSFA and Maxpreps preseason playoff predictions. 

Edited by Horsefly

14 minutes ago, pied said:

I don't know if those organizations to pre-season playoff predictions.  Clearly they all thought North Shore was a top 2-5 team in Texas.

Clearly you didn't.

Clearly you are using your bias, and one single data point to suggest North Shore was not considered a contender, when clearly they were by everyone else.  

Another data point, the Houston Chronicle preseason rankings:

1. Katy (7 first place votes)
  2. North Shore (4 first place votes)

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/texas-sports-nation/hs-sports/article/Houston-Media-High-School-Football-Poll-Preseason-16408165.php

Are you just trying to flood with info that I didn’t ask for and that is repetitive? 

non of this refutes or explains away what dctf predicted. 

Hsfa and maxpreps didn’t make a preseason prediction. They are irrelevant to the argument in predictions for NS.  

Nothing you’ve posted counters dctf’s  preseason predictions 

im out, I’ve got other things to do 

Edited by Horsefly