Orlando Jones FL at DV on 9/3

21 hours ago, SeaShells21 said:

If you understood that North Shore wasn’t supposed/expected to be there in the first place, maybe you wouldn’t be questioning them.

BTW, Duncanville was fortunate to not be blown out at least once during their first two state title matches. Moreso, ‘19.

YOU brought up North Shore, not me.  

3 minutes ago, 1Since71 said:

Horse is like the fan who says the Ref made a bad call and extrapolate’s that into why his team lost.All of his arguments have a truth but never thee truth

My argument is not even my argument. I quoted the site that made the preseason predictions…dctf. (They’re the only one that I know of that did make playoff predictions as the premiere TXHSFB site) 

and some are having a difficult time accepting that.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, pied said:

Can't speak to all of them, but clearly this one.  

Fact - DCTF did not have them predicted to make the title game.

Fact - DCTF had them ranked as the #4 team in the state.  

Fact - Every other publication had them ranked from #2 to the lowest as #5.

Contender - a person or group competing with others to achieve something. "the major contenders for the championship"

It's hard to spin Fact #1 into "but very few had them as a front runner preseason or even after the season started." OR  "Not many had NS as a contender until Bailey showed up in week 6 or so. "

Pied you couldn’t even produce any other site that even made a playoff prediction. So, dctf is the authority as they are the only site to produce a prediction 

After NS lost to Westfield. Here was their HSFBA ranking: 

They had Katy, lake travis and Atascocita ahead of them, relevant as they would have had to go through them at the time to get to the state finals … lol 

No. 60 Brother Martin (Louisiana) (4-0) 65
No. 61 Cartersville (Georgia) (7-0) 66
No. 62 Lake Travis (Texas) (5-1) 68
No. 63 Allen (Texas) (5-1) 69
No. 64 North Shore (Texas) (6-1) 70
Edited by Horsefly
  • Haha 1

23 hours ago, Horsefly said:

You’re just a clueless loud mouth. You tried to pass off as if SoCal teams have talent similar to MD. (MD coaches the  players up!  😂) They do not. 

Do you know what Westlake or north shore would look like if they had the #1,2, 5 and 6 player in the state?  Lol

we can do this for each year too if you like. No one has the comprehensive talent in Cali like MD and SJB does year in and year out.  

I know you are, but what am I?  How old are you?  12?  Grow up.  

MD coaching?  MD routinely beats Bosco now, despite the latter having more 3-5 star recruits every year.  Embarrassed SFA and took out IMG.  No other team in the nation has beaten the latter two, except MD.  No one.

There's talent all over SoCal.  In the 2023 class, there are NINE SoCal teams that have as many or more 3-5 stars than MD.  Combine '22 and '23 and MD still has only four more 3-5 stars than Inglewood. 

Class dismissed.

11 minutes ago, pied said:

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

The same group that made a prediction they wouldn't make the title game, ALSO ranked them as the 4th best team in the state.  That is a stupid argument.

Let's go with that, who in that region do you think they considered as a contender to Katy?  

Then you try this silly circle, KNOWING the answer is there is not likely another publication that did a pre-season playoff prediction.  

Funny dude you are.

My argument is not even my argument. I quoted the site that made the preseason predictions…dctf. (They’re the only one that I know of that did make playoff predictions as the premiere TXHSFB site) 

and some are having a difficult time accepting that.  

There is no argument. They predicted Katy to win that region preseason. Case closed! 

Since you don’t follow GHA football during the season (it’s obvious) but have a have a lot to say, after NS lost to Westfield they dropped to 70th in the country by the site you referenced, HSFBA. I already posted who they had ranked ahead of them (3 teams that would be in their path BEFORE the finals) . 

what changed? They brought up Bailey and went undefeated the rest of the season to include beating 2 of the 3 teams ranked ahead of them by HSFBA.. 

7 minutes ago, All Dei said:

I know you are, but what am I?  How old are you?  12?  Grow up.  

MD coaching?  MD routinely beats Bosco now, despite the latter having more 3-5 star recruits every year.  Embarrassed SFA and took out IMG.  No other team in the nation has beaten the latter two, except MD.  No one.

There's talent all over SoCal.  In the 2023 class, there are NINE SoCal teams that have as many or more 3-5 stars than MD.  Combine '22 and '23 and MD still has only four more 3-5 stars than Inglewood. 

Class dismissed.

You’re a troll running in and out of posts talking BS, a carryover from the other site. 
 You got caught talking out of your a$$ and now you’re trying to save face. Lol

Just now, pied said:

What were they ranked before they dropped to 70?  

Westfield was the 3d game of the year, doubt it was much diff from the preseason ranking you posted. 

but that’s not my point, I said once they lost to Westfield they dropped and the expectations as well until Bailey came on board and they started to look more impressive and explosive. 

That t is a timeline of what happened, no spin or manipulation on my part 

Just now, pied said:

Kinda like saying but very few had them as a front runner preseason or even after the season started."OR  "Not many had NS as a contender until Bailey showed up in week 6 or so. "

when every publication had them ranked no lower than fifth in the state?

You haven’t refuted a thing I posted, I’m  still waiting on you to analyze the mid season rankings I posted that showed NS at 70h and tell me why you think that is a predictor of them being a contender for the finals? 

24 minutes ago, SeaShells21 said:

Katy is probably a little too strong for Jason’s taste.

I recommend Cinco Ranch, they’re more his tier 😉

Jason's played BG (finished higher than Katy that same season), MC (finished higher than Katy that same season), DBP, SJC, STA, GC, and Dematha (finished higher than Katy that same season).  Which OOS powers has Katy played?  That's right, nobody.  So yeah, you're right, not sure if Katy's the right tier for Jason. 😉 

10 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

You’re a troll running in and out of posts talking BS, a carryover from the other site. 
 You got caught talking out of your a$$ and now you’re trying to save face. Lol

All you've got is ad hominem (look it up).  Argue the facts.  Game, set and match.

3 minutes ago, All Dei said:

All you've got is ad hominem (look it up).  Argue the facts.  Game, set and match.

Dude you lost already with with the facts when I posted the Cali top 10 showing MD with 4 of them.  

yeah it’s all about the coaching… 😂  

9 minutes ago, pied said:

Expectations dropped from what?

You’ve spent a good part of the day posting the (at worst) #5 preseason team in the state of Texas had few people that thought much of them and used one publication’s prediction (who also had them at #4) as evidence  

How is that not anything but spin?

Didn’t you say they were preseason #5 in HSFBA? Well, after the loss they fell to #13 in Texas, 70th overall.

I used only one because there wasn’t another preseason playoff prediction.  Lol

3 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

And you still don’t have an argument, just spinning even with help that doesn’t know anything either. Lol 

Yes Mr. I'll use a prediction that is based on assumptions that teams will play in the same division. 

Going by Dave Campbell's preseason rankings, the teams that played in division 1, their top team won the Championship

Edited by Steeler01

2 minutes ago, Steeler01 said:

Yes Mr. I'll use a prediction that is based on assumptions that teams will play in the same division. 

Going by Dave Campbell's preseason rankings, the teams that played in division 1, their top team won the Championship

So what happened during the season with NS rankings, did they rise or fall after the Westfield loss? How many teams by HSFBA were ranked ahead of them steeler? Do you know? 

Edited by Horsefly

3 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

@pied @Steeler01still waiting on your assessments on how you think NS being ranked by HSFBA (70th and 4th in regions 3 and 4 D1) after the Westfield loss is a strong predictor they would be a contender for the finals? 

Who cares about that.  Preseason and at the end of the regular season they were favorite to make the finals

The top ranked teams in Dave Campbell's preseason rankings in Division 1 and 2 both won the Championships

1 Westlake (Division 2 ) Champ

2 Katy(Division 2)

3 SLC (Division 2)

4 NS (Division 1)Champ

Edited by Steeler01

4 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

@pied @Steeler01still waiting on your assessments on how you think NS being ranked by HSFBA (70th and 4th in regions 3 and 4 D1) after the Westfield loss is a strong predictor they would be a contender for the finals? 

I'm still waiting on you to say that they were expected to be in the finals at the beginning of the season.  You know preseason.  Which you claimed they weren't

Just now, Steeler01 said:

Who cares about that.  Preseason and at the end of the regular season they were favorite to make the finals

The top ranked teams in Dave Campbell's preseason rankings in Division 1 and 2 both won the Championships

1 Westlake (Division 2 ) Champ

2 Katy(Division 2)

3 SLC (Division 2)

4 NS (Division 1 Champ)

Dctf actually made a playoff prediction and they had Katy as the D1 winner.  No matter of reposting the rankings changes that detail. Lol 

now, what were the assessments based on rankings after the season stated? It was all related