Orlando Jones FL at DV on 9/3

Just now, Horsefly said:

Duncanville lost OOS of state genius.  NS lost to a TX team ranked out of the top 10 at the time. That resulted in NS dropping instate.  Which led to the comments the NS fans made.  It’s all relevant that you ignore. 

You love rankings to justify whatever it is you think you’re making but ignore them during the season. Lol

I don't need to justify anything.  Preseason and after week 9 NS wasn't a surprise team to make the finals. Even less after week 10

9 minutes ago, Steeler01 said:

EastHouston had them 3rd. You know a Northshore fan and the only person I actually respect

A defense can carry you to a championship and that's what it did for them in 2016 and last year.  Also they had an easy bracket outside of the finals

Lol

The argument wasn’t about NS ranking it was about state finalist expectations.  Now go back and reread what I posted in this thread about the preseason … 

2 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

Yes I stated that already.  The expectations didn’t change until Bailey took over. 

But you quoted a post from December. When the brackets were released(November),  they were favored.  No Katy and no Westlake to go through

Edited by Steeler01

11 minutes ago, pied said:

Well they changed from being considered a top 5 team by everyone that ranks the state.  

You were the outlier:

• I had no real expectations preseason for end of season. 

I said few had them as a front runner in the preseason, a front runner is the top team. And in this case Katy was the region 3 front runner 

and I said I had no expectations for the END   OF SEASON, meaning I wasn’t making a playoff prediction during the preseason 

Just now, pied said:

and this:

Not many had NS as a contender until Bailey showed up in week 6 or so. 

Can you reconcile that statement versus their preseason rankings?

That first part is true, they dropped in the rankings a lot.  How many times are we going to rehash this? In several rankings there were at least 2 teams from their region ranked ahead of them. 

They weren’t a Westlake that remained consistent all season, north shore had their peaks and valleys and it took their HC experimenting to get them at a title level. 

26 minutes ago, Steeler01 said:

They're morons and you are to for using them.  For an entire month everyone had them as the favorite to make the finals. 

Geezus you’re thick headed! They were reflecting on the entire season mainly getting through the QB changes. 

How many times will it take you to understand they went through 4 QBs during the season.? 

4 minutes ago, pied said:

LOLOLOL

• I had no real expectations preseason for end of season

What is this?

• katy or NS will come out of region 3/4

• but very few had them as a front runner preseason or even after the season started. 

You did:

•  Not many had NS as a contender until Bailey showed up in week 6 or so. 

You did:

Why is it you always leave out what I posted?  I qualified just today what I meant by end of season predictions. I stated I didn’t make a playoff prediction…in reference to the dctf prediction.  

What does “not many” mean pied? Does that mean “no one”? 

There were preseason and during the season expectations. The reference to Bailey is after the season started.  

Edited by Horsefly

I stated their stock dropped AFTER the  loss the Westfield, THEN they brought up Bailey . 

On 3/23/2022 at 7:21 AM, Horsefly said:

Dude stop acting like you’re some HSFB savant, you’re not! You didn’t say 💩  until after they had already navigated their district. After the loss to Westfield, NS stock fell. NS went through 3 QBs (Mitchell, Broussard, Jean)  this past year, and while Kay was trying to rebuild that position, Bailey was on the freshman team. Not many had NS as a contender until Bailey showed up in week 6 or so. 

there was no young guy(s) it was one, the QB. They had no other soph or freshman headliners on this team last year. 

Just now, pied said:

A simple, ~"yeah, I did say that it was either going to be Katy or Northshore, forgot all about that." works here I think.

You spent most of the day yesterday, downplaying North Shore's expectations for some reason, when YOU started a thread showing them #4, and then predicting them to challenge for the finals spot. 🤷‍♂️

The problem is pied you don’t read. You love digging up stuff so this should be easy. Now go back and find where I said yesterday that I didn’t think NS was top 5 or not a contender?  

my quote is “not many” had them as a preseason front runner, you still miss on that definition. 

what is a front runner pied? 

6 minutes ago, pied said:

At least you don't try to spin lol.

1. the contestant that is leading in a race or other competition.
    • an athlete or horse that runs best when in the front of the field.

Since you said it would be Katy or NS, how would they fit in that definition?

They don’t, I had them as contenders.  

Dctf had Katy as the region 3 front runner and as the overall region winner, which is what I posted numerous times. 

now, who did the sites have as the contenders and front runners once the season started and they had already lost to Westfield? 

Edited by Horsefly

26 minutes ago, pied said:

Can you read this?

• I had no real expectations preseason for end of season

So when you predicted in July that Katy or NS would be in the state finals, what else could that have meant?

Don't get mad at me because you don't remember what you say.

I qualified that statement already…today! I identified 2 contenders for that region only, I didn’t make a playoff prediction. otherwise I would have picked a single winner 
👇🏽

1 hour ago, Horsefly said:

I said few had them as a front runner in the preseason, a front runner is the top team. And in this case Katy was the region 3 front runner 

and I said I had no expectations for the END   OF SEASON, meaning I wasn’t making a playoff prediction during the preseason 

Edited by Horsefly

12 minutes ago, pied said:

Here you go.  

7/7 - you make your prediction, on your thread about the Texas preseason top 10.

Horsefly - SLC is highly ranked because they return a lot of starters, but I think they'll be outmatched by Allen in that region. Allen's team is coming along nicely, with good size upfront 

katy or NS will come out of region 3/4

That's pretty clear to anyone who reads it.  You think that either katy or NS will make the title game.  No other way to spin it.  It was a good call as they won the state title game.

Now we come to March '22, where for some reason, you decide that North Shore wasn't look0de to be in the title game.

• Ok steeler did you have NS in the title game at the beginning of the year?   They didn’t even have a title contending QB the first 6 weeks, one of their most promising QBs transferred out during the summer. 
  • but very few had them as a front runner preseason or even after the season started. 
  • Not many had NS as a contender until Bailey showed up in week 6 or so.

When asked when you thought they were expected to be a finalist, when you had already predicted it in July?!?

• Yes, after they found their QB in week 10 in his first full start. 

You even clarifued it lol

• I had no real expectations preseason for end of season. Definitely not to predict who makes a title appearance (except Westlake)  

but I was aware NS had a QB issue going into the fall. Their fans talked about it a lot. Several of them were spot on with their predictions on what would happen.  

Ummmm, yeah you did lol.  See the post you made in July:

Then you start relying on DCTF prediction, and that somehow becomes the gold standard and the only thing that mattered, when YOU picked CORRECTLY to play in the final lol.

Here’s dctf region 3 prediction back this summer at the bottom of the page.

Regional Winners
Division I – Katy over Humble Atascocita

Division II – Clear Falls over Alvin Shadow Creek

• But this whole exercise is based on the argument some ppl didn’t predict NS to be in the finals 

EXCEPT YOU LOL

and again:

• I provided evidence to support my position. I told you from the beginning that opinion started in preseason. They weren’t even projected to win their region. Lol

• Yes, they weren’t expected to be there.

EXCPET by YOU LOL

This one is AWESOME!!!!!

• Steeler just face the fact you are wrong and move on. There were several predictors before the season and well after it started (that I provided) that NS wasn’t projected to win its region. 

You actually only provided one, but YOU predicted them or Katy to be there LOLOL

• Pied that’s what the conversation was about, predictions and when they were made.

7/7 @Horsefly - katy or NS will come out of region 3/4

Ummmmmmmm, come again?

• No one argued that it was ridiculous that a preseason #4 team made the finals, only that they simply weren’t projected to do so because the team ranked ahead of them was from their region (Katy) 

but what about your preseason prediction?

• this is about what teams were predicted to do what based on rankings and assessments 

Great point, your prediction of it being either Katy or NS was  an A+ one.

• Did you project NS making the finals after their Westfield loss and QB controversy or did you like others only gain 20/20 vision after the fact?

• I provided the preseason predictions from dctf on the playoffs

You forgot your own though lol.

• Its’ not a nitpick, it literally is what we stated it was … a projection.  Where is the lie pied?  

dctf didn’t just make a ranking they made an actual preseason projection , playoff by playoff and region by region 

did you read the dctf playoff projections for each region they posted last July?  

• I said they weren’t projected to do so by dctf.  

Great point, but YOUR prediction of it being either Katy or NS was  an A+ one.

• And they were projected to lose to another top 5 program.  😂 you guys are comical arguing and trying to refute what dctf predicted.  

Agree, we should have listened to you last summer!

WOWOWOW

•  It simply and literally was about “was NS predicted in the preseason to win their region”. The answer is “no”. 

No amount of reposting of rankings, rehashing how many titles they’ve previously won will change that. 

just a reminder about your preseason prediction:

• Did those other sites make a playoff prediction pied? I only know that dctf did;

• My argument is not even my argument. I quoted the site that made the preseason predictions…dctf. (They’re the only one that I know of that did make playoff predictions as the premiere TXHSFB site)

Except you! 🙂 Your prediction of it being either Katy or NS was  an A+ one.

• That t is a timeline of what happened, no spin or manipulation on my part 
  • I used only one because there wasn’t another preseason playoff prediction.  Lol

Well there was this one! 🙂

• Dctf actually made a playoff prediction and they had Katy as the D1 winner.  No matter of reposting the rankings changes that detail. Lol 

• They weren’t predicted in the finals preseason by dctf

• now you’re trying to appeal to the masses. Lol. You’re arguing with a pub that put forth a prediction you don’t like. Pure stupidity.  And nothing you put forth changes their prediction.

Great point, YOU should have argued with them, your prediction of it being either Katy or NS was  an A+ one.

• I’ve never argued facts and what actually took place.  That’s not the argument, it was about predictions. 

Well, you didn't bring up YOUR pre-season prediction.  🙂

• At one point in the season they were ranked 70th and 13th in Texas….but yeah, they were thought to make the finals all along

• The argument wasn’t about NS ranking it was about state finalist expectations.  Now go back and reread what I posted in this thread about the preseason … 

Like I said message boards are funny places and you're a funny guy 🙂

I already clarified it.  Well before you posted all this.  

You post stuff then don’t read it!!  

• My argument is not even my argument. I quoted the site that made the preseason predictions…dctf. (They’re the only one that I know of that did make playoff predictions as the premiere TXHSFB site)

am I a texas football site pied? were dctf’s predictions a contender list or did they offer a specific playoff winner? 

This  whole exchange was because you said I quoted only one site.  

I referenced Westlake because they would have been the only ones I would have predicted in every game and round, any division including the SC 

Edited by Horsefly
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, pied said:

This is another one fo your good shout outs to Northshore pre-season

8/22/21 - @Horsefly - These aren’t the top teams in the state. Westlake, Katy and north shore are. North shores D top end talent is not too far off from Thompson with 2 X 4**** and a 5*****

Top three huh?  

Yes, when did I say yesterday that “I” thought NS wasnt a preseason top team as a part of my argument? I’ll wait

btw, what was my point about NS in the preseason pied? You’ve gone off on a tangent. 

Edited by Horsefly
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, pied said:

Resetting AGAIN

@SeaShells21 - If you understood that North Shore wasn’t supposed/expected to be there in the first place, maybe you wouldn’t be questioning them.

@Steeler01 - According to who?

@Horsefly - Ok steeler did you have NS in the title game at the beginning of the year?   They didn’t even have a title contending QB the first 6 weeks, one of their most promising QBs transferred out during the summer. 

This is what started this whole rabbit hole.  We went round and round and come to find out, you said in July that it would either be North Shore or Katy in the title game.  So what's the point?

@Horsefly - katy or NS will come out of region 3/4

Lol