Orlando Jones FL at DV on 9/3

Just now, pied said:

I think I love your posts.  🙂 

You're  a funny guy!

In your desperation to get a gotcha, you miss sometimes on what was or wasn’t said. 

still waiting on you to post where I said that I didn’t think NS was preseason top 5. (You’ve spent a lot of time trying to prove as if I said it)  I never said it because I didn’t think it during the preseason.  After their loss to WF even my position changed…until Bailey came along 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Steeler01 said:

He's starting to become  the new Kermit

Please,  you and pied can’t even stay on point what is being argued.  Still waiting on you two to point where I said that I thought NS wasn’t a top preseason team. 

Edited by Horsefly
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Horsefly said:

Please,  you and pied can’t even stay on point what is being argued.  Still waiting on you two to point where I said that I thought NS wasn’t a top preseason team. 

But you claimed they were a surprise finalist.  That's what you quoted me questioning Seashells

Edited by Steeler01

7 hours ago, pied said:

The Houston Chronicle had them #2 preseason. 🤷‍♂️

They dropped to #3 after week 2 (behind district mate Atascocita) and Katy 

after loss to Westfield they dropped to #6

They stood at #4 thru week 10

The perception of NS obviously   dropped based on their ranking.

Edited by Horsefly

19 minutes ago, pied said:

All the way to #6 in the GHA?!?  Man that is like almost not being considered good at all!  

They should have just listened to you, because you knew all along!

katy or NS will come out of region 3/4

preseason rankings are just that, the true assessment is after the ball is snapped. 

They dropped to 6 (based on the same players they were using that got them the #2 preseason rank) also behind a team that is in their district (Cita)  … that is not a ranking of a team pollsters think are state finalists 

Atascocita lost to Guyer and lost their QB for the season and only dropped 1 spot in gha.  Why? High perception of Cita even with the issues 

Katy received in this poll 10/13 1st place votes. The perceived clear front runner in region 3 at that point in time  

Edited by Horsefly

7 minutes ago, pied said:

and yet, preseason rankings (and predictions) is what this conversation has been about, no matter your spin.

@SeaShells21 - If you understood that North Shore wasn’t supposed/expected to be there in the first place, maybe you wouldn’t be questioning them.

@Horsefly - Ok steeler did you have NS in the title game at the beginning of the year?   They didn’t even have a title contending QB the first 6 weeks, one of their most promising QBs transferred out during the summer. 

@Horsefly - Lol you picked them in the finals AFTER the playoffs started (QB change already happened) and you had them losing in the finals. 

but very few had them as a front runner preseason or even after the season started. 

Of course, we now know that YOU had them as one of two teams to be in the state finals back in July. It's odd to me why you wouldn't be pounding your chest with that prediction instead of debating the nuance between definitions of "contender" vs. "frontrunner" and so many other ways your trying to spin this.

@Horsefly 7/7/21 - katy or NS will come out of region 3/4

This is one of my first replies on this topic.  I specifically highlighted their fall after the Westfield loss and the In season QB issues. It wasn’t just preseason assessment 

On 3/23/2022 at 7:21 AM, Horsefly said:

Dude stop acting like you’re some HSFB savant, you’re not! You didn’t say 💩  until after they had already navigated their district. After the loss to Westfield, NS stock fell. NS went through 3 QBs (Mitchell, Broussard, Jean)  this past year, and while Kay was trying to rebuild that position, Bailey was on the freshman team. Not many had NS as a contender until Bailey showed up in week 6 or so. 

there was no young guy(s) it was one, the QB. They had no other soph or freshman headliners on this team last year. 

On 3/22/2022 at 4:52 PM, GardenStateBaller said:

I've always said that any private HSFB program in Dallas and or Houston could become the next MD or SJB if they wanted. They've just chosen not to do so to date.  

I doubt that very seriously with any of our private schools.  They have recruiting rules too.

See Trinity Christian Cedar Hill - kicked out of our best private league!  They are not the first this happened to!  Private schools in Texas will at least in my lifetime  play second fiddle to our Public Schools.

On 3/22/2022 at 4:52 PM, GardenStateBaller said:

I've always said that any private HSFB program in Dallas and or Houston could become the next MD or SJB if they wanted. They've just chosen not to do so to date.  

It’s only matter of time before one of our public powers line up and beat one of these super recruited powers!  

7 minutes ago, Texasball said:

I doubt that very seriously with any of our private schools.  They have recruiting rules too.

See Trinity Christian Cedar Hill - kicked out of our best private league!  They are not the first this happened to!  Private schools in Texas will at least in my lifetime  play second fiddle to our Public Schools.

I get the recruiting rules re xfers. However, privates all around the country are free to recruit any and all students while they're in middle school in terms of sports camps, Open Houses, Experience Days, etc.   

1 minute ago, Horsefly said:

And they could help it along quicker by simply allowing transfers for any cause. 

Another rule change needed is to allow big schools who take Spring football practice to start their fall practice the same time as the small schools who don’t have Spring Ball practice.  The number of fall practices before the first game is not enough especially considering that’s states like Cali start playing games the week prior to the start of our 1st games.

18 minutes ago, pied said:

Unlike the strict process the UIL currently employs.  🙂 

People put a lot of the blame on the UIL, but some coaches/schools not enforcing strict PAPF processing and the DEC oversight is where the problem begins 

remove all that and let them transfer for athletic reasons, but keep residency requirements then we wouldn’t have to worry about it as much 

Edited by Horsefly
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, pied said:

Would agree there are many places to place blame, not just the UIL  The UIL isn't really set up to be able to investigate and approve every transfer.

Problem with residency(imo) is there are several multi-HS open enrollment districts and to a lesser degree, districts that you can attend even living out of district, although I think that will become more rare as we build out the whole dang state.

Yes there are many places where to place blame as the rules currently exist.  But here’s what’s happening in some cases, coaches know a move is for athletics but they sign off anyways because they want to one day do the same thing without roadblocks.  That’s not a UIL issue, that’s an integrity issue 

In general less rules for me though, let families determine what’s best for their kids

3 minutes ago, pied said:

Going to play a "what if" or hypothetical example which may not be fair. 

Parish Episcopal has built a very good football team and is the top TAPPS team at the moment.  While not definitive, their game with SOC should be an interesting one to follow.

So let's say they want to go big time and REALLY open up the pipeline.  I cannot imagine the UIL admitting them without a lot of pressure.  TAPPS has already shown they'll throw you to the curb if you get too big(see Dallas/Strake Jesuit).

I'm sure they could find a few schools to play in DFW/GHA but imagine if they get too good that might wane as well.  Do they have the money to travel to LV/SoCal/FL/etc. on a regular basis?  I don't see it.

I could 100% see there being interest in an IMG type academy in Texas, but think they would have similar issues.  That would come down to funding and would need DEEP pockets.

Now for me I hope parish blows up and becomes as big and good as their imagination allows.  Why should they be limited? 

4 minutes ago, pied said:

I would GUESS they would like to continue to compete in TAPPS or the UIL (hypothetical).  I don't think there is much of an appetite in TAPPS/UIL for a school like that. 

EDIT- want to make sure that it's clear that I'm not accusing Parish of ANYTHING or wanting ANYTHING besides what they have now, just using them as an example.

I get it, they wouldn’t be allowed to continue like they are under TAPPS or the UIL, but becoming independent like an IMG is not out of the question. Like you said it would come down to sponsors and donors footing the bill.  I don’t know how deep their alumni pickets are. 

• Like 1