Orlando Jones FL at DV on 9/3

Just now, Horsefly said:

What? How many ways do I have to spell out QB play? We don’t have to speculate with Tompkins…the backup played when Bailey went out! He was terrible! 

fortunately Bailey helped built a 26 pt cushion or they would have lost 

You think Tompkins beats them.  Am I right? 

Just now, pied said:

We're talking about PLAYOFFS?!?!

We're talking about preseason.  

@SeaShells21 - If you understood that North Shore wasn’t supposed/expected to be there in the first place, maybe you wouldn’t be questioning them.

@Horsefly - Ok steeler did you have NS in the title game at the beginning of the year?   They didn’t even have a title contending QB the first 6 weeks, one of their most promising QBs transferred out during the summer. 

@Horsefly - Lol you picked them in the finals AFTER the playoffs started (QB change already happened) and you had them losing in the finals. 

but very few had them as a front runner preseason or even after the season started. 

Here you go again.  What did I talk about first pied? I reposted my quotes …this morning.  Gotdamn dude I don’t mind convo but you repeat shit that’s already been covered…already 

4 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

Without Bailey? Yes, We have actual evidence of how their offense looked without him in there 

I thought you said you watched the game? 

You actually have no evidence.  A couple of possessions isn't evidence of anything.  The QB being put in a bad spot in the 4th quarter after the score was 26-13(NS fake punt stopped)

Edited by Steeler01

1 minute ago, Steeler01 said:

You actually have no evidence.  A couple of possessions isn't evidence of anything.  The QB being put in a bad spot in the 4th quarter after the score was 26-13(NS fake punt stopped)

The evidence is his performance steeler. We don’t have to assume he played. He wasn’t just a bench warmer he was the starter just a few weeks prior. 😂 

Edited by Horsefly

Just now, Horsefly said:

How well did he do steeler? He wasn’t just a bench warmer he was the starter just a few weeks prior. 😂 

You don't bring in a person cold off the bench with the other team having all the momentum and expect him to thrive.  Kay calling a stupid fake punt(he calls them a lot) doesn't help

Without Bailey NS beats Tompkins regardless. If I told you,  to put some money in a hypothetical game if it happened you wouldn't

Here we go with your stupid hypothetical bets with a hypothetical starting QB. Pure buffoonery not worthy of a response 

Just now, Steeler01 said:

You don't bring in a person cold off the bench with the other team having all the momentum and expect him to thrive.  Kay calling a stupid fake punt(he calls them a lot) doesn't help

He had plenty of time under center after the fake punt, like I said he wasn’t a non playing bench warmer he was their starter. 

3 minutes ago, Steeler01 said:

Because what I say I believe.  What you say,  you don't

you jump on the bandwagon after the fact. (Picking NS to win regions after kay already did the heavy changes and they beat their toughest Comp was easy to do) 

No worries I’ll pick a bet this season loser leaves the boards permanently. 

Edited by Horsefly

Just now, Horsefly said:

He had plenty of time under center after the fake punt, like I said he wasn’t a non playing bench warmer he was their starter. 

He had the entire 4th quarter.  That's your example.  A QB coming into a game with the opponent having all the momentum.  Do you understand the dynamics?

4 minutes ago, Steeler01 said:

Like last year,  Katy or NS will come out of region 3. If they're in separate divisions one will advance to the Semi's.  This isn't shocking for the past 7 years now

That’s not what the eye opener is with NS steeler, it’s that they did it by clearing out their varsity QB bench and bringing up a freshman to lead them in mid season. 

Do you think that strategy is normal? 

7 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

That’s not what the eye opener is with NS steeler, it’s that they did it by clearing out their varsity QB bench and bringing up a freshman to lead them in mid season. 

Do you think that strategy is normal? 

That's because he's talented.  It's more normal in this day and age to play Frosh then 20 years ago

Just now, Steeler01 said:

That's because he's talented.  It's more normal in this day and age to play Frosh then 20 years ago

Why bring him up at all or go through 3 other QBs?  If he was thinking like you he could get to the finals with the guys he had right? 

3 minutes ago, pied said:

I'm not saying what I THOUGHT you said first.  I've quoted your posts in order.  

Can you remind us what YOU predicted in July. 🙂 

My thoughts in July on another forum, on another topic, has nothing to do with what started this conversation in this thread. Lol

Edited by Horsefly

3 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

Why bring him up at all or go through 3 other QBs?  If he was thinking like you he could get to the finals with the guys he had right? 

You play your best players.  That has nothing to do with them being able to get to the finals without him

It actually does.  You predicted what you're saying wasn't expected now

what transpired during the early part of the season didn’t match what I though preseason (polls agreed). After Bailey got on board and he was successful it matched for me. (Polls agreed)