Orlando Jones FL at DV on 9/3

44 minutes ago, All Dei said:

Oh, I absolutely question North Shore, which squeaked by a DVille team on a neutral field that lost by 6 TDs to MD at home!  And Westlake and Katy never play anyone, so just a hunch there. 😉

The game wasn’t neutral for starters. And NS beat them when it all mattered with less overall talent (only 1 D1 kid on their OL) and a freshman QB starting in his 7th game.  😂 

Edited by Horsefly

25 minutes ago, All Dei said:

BS?  No, that's what you're stepping in, "pardner."  Did I say MD didn't have the best DB or RB?  No, I did not.  And Matayo is a 5-star Edge to Bailey's 4-star.  Nice try, though.

You’re just a clueless loud mouth. You tried to pass off as if SoCal teams have talent similar to MD. (MD coaches the  players up!  😂) They do not. 

Do you know what Westlake or north shore would look like if they had the #1,2, 5 and 6 player in the state?  Lol

we can do this for each year too if you like. No one has the comprehensive talent in Cali like MD and SJB does year in and year out.  

Edited by Horsefly

For CA being a power state, MD and SJB dominate the top end talent in that state compared to TX top programs:NS and WL

Looking at the #of players they have in each state’s respective top 20 (247 recruiting)is revealing.

SJB/MD:

2019-4
2020-4
2021-5
2022-7 (MD had 4 of Cali’s top 6)
2023-6 (SJB has 4)

WL/NS:

2019-0
2020-1
2021-1
2022-2
2023-1

Duncanville for comparisons had 1 player in TX top 25 for class of ‘22 and O in class of ‘23. 

Edited by Horsefly
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

For CA being a power state, MD and SJB dominate the top end talent in that state compared to TX top programs:NS and WL

Looking at the #of players they have in each state’s respective top 20 (247 recruiting)is revealing.

SJB/MD:

2019-4
2020-4
2021-5
2022-7 (MD had 4 of Cali’s top 6)
2023-6 (SJB has 4)

WL/NS:

2019-0
2020-1
2021-1
2022-2
2023-1

Duncanville for comparisons had 1 player in TX top 25 for class of ‘22 and O in class of ‘23. 

Everything noted above is to be expected as power privates all around the country draw from a larger catchment area than local, public, town/city schools like DV and NS. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Everything noted above is to be expected as power privates all around the country draw from a larger catchment area than local, public, town/city schools like DV and NS. 

I fully understand that, I’m refuting his claim that MD is some school that relies on coaching the kids up more than talent. That’s not true. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, SeaShells21 said:

If you understood that North Shore wasn’t supposed/expected to be there in the first place, maybe you wouldn’t be questioning them.

BTW, Duncanville was fortunate to not be blown out at least once during their first two state title matches. Moreso, ‘19.

According to who?

5 minutes ago, SeaShells21 said:

According to them graduating the players that created their ‘18 - ‘20 dominance in the first place.

With Evans having already graduated and Shadrach Banks and Demetrius Davis graduating, it was excepted that North Shore wasn’t going to be that explosive any longer and IF they happened to have to go through Katy or/and Westlake again, I would’ve expected their run to end there.

Forgot to add the questionable TX coaching that some people aren’t sold on. 

20 minutes ago, Steeler01 said:

According to who?

Ok steeler did you have NS in the title game at the beginning of the year?   They didn’t even have a title contending QB the first 6 weeks, one of their most promising QBs transferred out during the summer. 

1 minute ago, SeaShells21 said:

I would need to know what he believes questionable coaching looks. 🤷🏻‍♀️ Right away, I can see he doesn’t know who Joseph and Dodge are so…

As far as Cali, Coach Rollo and maybe Alumbaugh are the greats.

And alumbaugh lost to a Texas HC in the first game of his HC career. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Horsefly said:

Ok steeler did you have NS in the title game at the beginning of the year?   They didn’t even have a title contending QB the first 6 weeks, one of their most promising QBs transferred out during the summer. 

I know I picked them to be in the finals. They went 9-1 in the regular season playing in the toughest district in Houston

11 hours ago, SeaShells21 said:

According to them graduating the players that created their ‘18 - ‘20 dominance in the first place.

With Evans having already graduated and Shadrach Banks and Demetrius Davis graduating, it was excepted that North Shore wasn’t going to be that explosive any longer and IF they happened to have to go through Katy or/and Westlake again, I would’ve expected their run to end there.

Once again,  I picked them to be in the finals.  Easily verifiable 

3 minutes ago, Steeler01 said:

I know I picked them to be in the finals. They went 9-1 in the regular season playing in the toughest district in Houston

Lol you picked them in the finals AFTER the playoffs started (QB change already happened) and you had them losing in the finals. 

but very few had them as a front runner preseason or even after the season started. 

Edited by Horsefly

11 hours ago, Horsefly said:

Who cares about the beginning of the season.  They were expected to be there by tyne end of the regular season.  

And your blatant BS about their talent level is a joke.  The young guys aren't rated yet. 

1 minute ago, Horsefly said:

Lol you picked them AFTER the playoffs started (QB change already happened) and you had them losing in the finals. 

What was mentioned was the Duncanville game. They weren't expected to be there according to Seashells. Nobody cares about preseason.  They were expected to be there after beating Atascocita 

12 minutes ago, Steeler01 said:

Who cares about the beginning of the season.  They were expected to be there by tyne end of the regular season.  

And your blatant BS about their talent level is a joke.  The young guys aren't rated yet. 

Dude stop acting like you’re some HSFB savant, you’re not! You didn’t say 💩  until after they had already navigated their district. After the loss to Westfield, NS stock fell. NS went through 3 QBs (Mitchell, Broussard, Jean)  this past year, and while Kay was trying to rebuild that position, Bailey was on the freshman team. Not many had NS as a contender until Bailey showed up in week 6 or so. 

there was no young guy(s) it was one, the QB. They had no other soph or freshman headliners on this team last year. 

Edited by Horsefly

10 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

Dude stop acting like you’re some savant, you’re not! You didn’t say 💩  until after they had already navigated their district. After the loss to Westfield, NS stock fell. 

there was no young guy(s) it was one, the QB. They had no other soph or freshman headliners on this team last year. 

How many guys you're claiming aren't headliners will be 3 star guys?

After beating Atascocita and King in weeks 9 and 10 they were the clear cut favorites to make the finals without Katy in their bracket

You want to mention the preseason,  but fail to mention NS being ranked 4th to start the season.  4th but they weren't expected to be there. There's 4 finalists in Texas. 

Please tell me,  who you favored over them.  You mention Westfield beating them in week 3. Westfield was a top 3 or 4 Houston team. The game ended 27-21 with a ton of turnovers.   It wasn't some 5-5 team that beat them.

Edited by Steeler01

Just now, Steeler01 said:

How many guys you're claiming aren't headliners will be 3 star guys?

After beating Atascocita and King in weeks 9 and 10 they were the clear cut favorites to make the finals without Katy in their bracket

You want to mention the preseason,  but fail to mention NS being ranked 4th to start the season.  4th but they're weren't expected to be there. There's 4 finalists in Texas. 

Please tell me,  who you favored over them.  You mention Westfield beating them in week 3. Westfield was a top 3 or 4 Houston team. The game ended 27-21 with a ton of turnovers.   It wasn't some 5-5 team that beat them.

I’m talking contributors from this past seasons team. 

Atascocita was the last district game in week 10.  The pic was obviously clearer 

they dropped to 8th after the season started and changed QBs 4 times. 

they would have lost to Tompkins if Bailey wasn’t QB. 

2 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

I’m talking contributors from this past seasons team. 

Atascocita was the last district game in week 10.  The pic was obviously clearer 

they dropped to 8th after the season started and changed QBs 4 times. 

they would have lost to Tompkins if Bailey wasn’t QB. 

I don't deal in what ifs. When wasn't NS supposed to be in the finals.  You chimed in when seashells was questioned.  Answer the question.  When

5 minutes ago, Steeler01 said:

I don't deal in what ifs. When wasn't NS supposed to be in the finals.  You chimed in when seashells was questioned.  Answer the question.  When

Hell a few games into the season.  Without Bailey they probably lose to Atascocita in district, and lose to Tompkins in the playoffs.

why do you think kay rifled through 3 QBs during the season before bringing up a freshman? 

Edited by Horsefly

4 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

Hell a few games into the season.  Without Bailey they probably lose to Atascocita in district, and lose to Tompkins in the playoffs.

why do you think kay rifled through 3 QBs during the season before bringing up a freshman? 

So you're picking when. At the end of the regular season they were expected to be there.  Preseason as well.  Funny,  now it's only after they lost to westfield

Edited by Steeler01

3 minutes ago, Steeler01 said:

So you're picking when. At the end of the regular season they were expected to be there.  Preseason as well.  Funny,  now it's only after they lost to westfield

Yes, after they found their QB in week 10 in his first full start. 

1 hour ago, Steeler01 said:

Preseason as well. 

I had no real expectations preseason for end of season. Definitely not to predict who makes a title appearance (except Westlake)  

but I was aware NS had a QB issue going into the fall. Their fans talked about it a lot. Several of them were spot on with their predictions on what would happen.  

Edited by Horsefly

2 hours ago, Horsefly said:

I had no real expectations preseason for end of season. Definitely not to predict who makes a title appearance (except Westlake)  

but I was aware NS had a QB issue going into the fall. Their fans talked about it a lot. Several of them were spot on with their predictions on what would happen.  

You didn't but apparently every outlet did. 

26 minutes ago, Steeler01 said:

You didn't but apparently every outlet did. 

Here’s dctf region 3 prediction back this summer at the bottom of the page.

Regional Winners

Division I – Katy over Humble Atascocita

Division II – Clear Falls over Alvin Shadow Creek

https://www.texasfootball.com/article/2021/07/14/2021-class-6a-region-iii-outlook-predictions-for-every-district-projected-playoff-matchups-and-regional-winners?ref=related_thumb

Edited by Horsefly