Orlando Jones FL at DV on 9/3

26 minutes ago, WILKINSON said:

Yeah, I'd rather see Duncanville play teams below the Tier 1 echelon. Teams like Miami Central, Corona Centennial, Saguaro., etc

Orlando Jones wasn't a bad choice given the circumstances. We'll see how that game goes. Last time Duncanville won an OOS game was in '19 vs St. Johns (DC)

Cen10 is def Tier 1 at this time. Jones was a solid Plan B after AHP was forced to change its plans. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Cen10 is def Tier 1 at this time. Jones was a solid Plan B after AHP was forced to change its plans. 

You think so? I feel like Tier 1 teams are starting to separate themselves from the rest (Mater Dei, IMG Academy, St. John Bosco, St. Frances Academy) 

These teams have a much more aggressive approach to the transfer monopoly.  

I think Austin Westlake and North Shore are above Corona Centennial, but wouldn’t include them in tier 1 category. 

Edited by WILKINSON
  • Like 2

Just now, WILKINSON said:

You think so? I feel like Tier 1 teams are starting to separate themselves from the rest (Mater Dei, IMG Academy, St. John Bosco, St. Frances Academy) 

These teams have a much more aggressive approach to the transfer monopoly.  

Last season Cen10 lost to MD 21-16. That was MDs toughest game of the season by far.

At lunch recently, Rollo and Jason both acknowledged that Cen10 is right there with MD and SJB. 

Look at the final scores of their wins last season, especially vs the T100 teams they played. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, WILKINSON said:

Yeah, I'd rather see Duncanville play teams below the Tier 1 echelon. Teams like Miami Central, Corona Centennial, Saguaro., etc

Orlando Jones wasn't a bad choice given the circumstances. We'll see how that game goes. Last time Duncanville won an OOS game was in '19 vs St. Johns (DC)

And that was a pretty good SJC team.  Wouldn't know it from their record that season, but when you consider the gauntlet that the WCAL already is and the insane OOS games SJC took on that year, I think that could qualify as the toughest schedule ever.

21 hours ago, SeaShells21 said:

DeSoto has a bright future and this doesn’t look like a bad way to test the waters and see what they’re made of.

We would all love a good game, but SFA's a different beast altogether.  If DS does any better than DV did against MD and IMG, that's a big win in my book.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, All Dei said:

And that was a pretty good SJC team.  Wouldn't know it from their record that season, but when you consider the gauntlet that the WCAL already is and the insane OOS games SJC took on that year, I think that could qualify as the toughest schedule ever.

Totally agree. That SJC OOS schedule is the toughest ever assembled. All toll they lost to year-end #s 2, 6, 7, 11 and 29. Plus they had five Top 150 wins!! #PGL  

• Like 1

19 hours ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Speaking of AHP, I still can't believe Los Al is on their dance card.  I'm a SoCal homer all day, but AHP is going to embarrass those boys, in spite of all the star power.  Not even close to ready for prime time.

1 minute ago, All Dei said:

Speaking of AHP, I still can't believe Los Al is on their dance card.  I'm a SoCal homer all day, but AHP is going to embarrass those boys, in spite of all the star power.  Not even close to ready for prime time.

They're looking to showcase their All-World QB. I agree that he may end up running for his life like Arch Manning did 3x on national TV last season. 

• Like 1

On 3/15/2022 at 2:41 PM, All Dei said:

Finally, Samples comes back to his senses.  Yes, IMG and MD makes them better for the UIL, blah, blah, blah, but cool for the kids to go in to an OOS for the first time in three seasons and actually have a shot to win it.  Desoto on the other hand..... 😳

Pre game Most thought they had a shot to beat MD too.

MD is not untouchable.  SJB beat Bryce best team and Servite played them very close as well.

I agree though that DV will be favored this time 

On 3/15/2022 at 7:13 PM, GardenStateBaller said:

Last season Cen10 lost to MD 21-16. That was MDs toughest game of the season by far.

At lunch recently, Rollo and Jason both acknowledged that Cen10 is right there with MD and SJB. 

Look at the final scores of their wins last season, especially vs the T100 teams they played. 

Not “by far”.   Servite put up bucu points and hung with MD until very late.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Sammy Swordsman said:

MD is not untouchable.  SJB beat Bryce best team and Servite played them very close as well.

It's possible "most" in DV thought they had a shot to beat MD pre-game. Nobody else in his right mind did, though. 

Never said MD was untouchable.  SJB is the only team to have beaten them in the last five years (which is insane), so I would never say that.  MD was and is and will be untouchable vs any TX teams, though.

13 minutes ago, All Dei said:

It's possible "most" in DV thought they had a shot to beat MD pre-game. Nobody else in his right mind did, though. 

Never said MD was untouchable.  SJB is the only team to have beaten them in the last five years (which is insane), so I would never say that.  MD was and is and will be untouchable vs any TX teams, though.

Need Austin Westlake to step-up and play a TL team! @ZPoff MaxPreps 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Sammy Swordsman said:

PS: The Fry Babies played MD very close twice in the last decade. 😉

2 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Please fwd a short list of the TX teams PGL should be pursuing for '23/24. Thx. 

Actually the teams you have scheduled in ‘22: Allen, DV and Desoto and also north shore and Longview 

Edited by Horsefly
  • Thanks 1

On 3/15/2022 at 4:41 PM, All Dei said:

Finally, Samples comes back to his senses.  Yes, IMG and MD makes them better for the UIL, blah, blah, blah, but cool for the kids to go in to an OOS for the first time in three seasons and actually have a shot to win it.  Desoto on the other hand..... 😳

Fuck that…Playing those games has done nothing for the program in my opinion.

MD has short history of being this recruited up - the vast majority of the teams in the past are less than DLS and they lost nearly every single oos game they played.  Now look at them today!  

MD would never be this good without recruiting the entire LA area!  

17 hours ago, Texasball said:

Fuck that…Playing those games has done nothing for the program in my opinion.

MD has short history of being this recruited up - the vast majority of the teams in the past are less than DLS and they lost nearly every single oos game they played.  Now look at them today!  

MD would never be this good without recruiting the entire LA area!  

😭 😭 😭  Where did the best QB, C, OG, OT, WR, S, TE, ILB, OLB, DE and DT in LA play last season?  NOT at MD.  Lots of loaded teams all over SoCal, but MD gets the most out of its kids.  Period.  And EVERYBODY in EVERY major metropolitan area recruits, including yours.  Do more with your talent instead of making excuses!

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, All Dei said:

😭 😭 😭  Where did the best QB, C, OG, OT, WR, S, TE, ILB, OLB, DE and DT in LA play last season?  NOT at MD.  Lots of loaded teams all over SoCal, but MD gets the most out of its kids.  Period.  And EVERYBODY in EVERY major metropolitan area recruits, including yours.  Do more with your talent instead of making excuses!

I've always said that any private HSFB program in Dallas and or Houston could become the next MD or SJB if they wanted. They've just chosen not to do so to date.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

I've always said that any private HSFB program in Dallas and or Houston could become the next MD or SJB if they wanted. They've just chosen not to do so to date.  

Talent-wise, yes, but I'm not sold on TX coaching.  No way DVille with 13 D-1 recruits (to MD's 18) should have gotten embarrassed like that last season.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, All Dei said:

More MD fanboy BS. 

MD had the #1, #2, #5, and #6 players in the state of Cali, but you want us to believe you don’t have a monopoly on talent. Pure comedy 

22B46C8F-7D64-41A3-A579-43959890E5D0.png

Edited by Horsefly

18 minutes ago, All Dei said:

Talent-wise, yes, but I'm not sold on TX coaching.  No way DVille with 13 D-1 recruits (to MD's 18) should have gotten embarrassed like that last season.

Do you question north shore. Katy or Westlake coaching seeing as they’ve won all the Texas titles the past 3 seasons? (Not Duncanville) 

did you question trinity’s 1st year coaches ability  when they sent your reigning state champ and subsequent state champ (DLS)  home in ‘15? 

way too much attention given to a team and coach that has never won a state title here. (Duncanville) 

Edited by Horsefly
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

Do you question north shore. Katy or Westlake coaching seeing as they’ve won all the Texas titles the past 3 seasons? (Not Duncanville) 

did you question trinity’s coaching when they sent your reigning state champ and subsequent state champ (DLS)  home in ‘15? 

way too much attention given to a team and coach that has never won a state title here. (Duncanville) 

Oh, I absolutely question North Shore, which squeaked by a DVille team on a neutral field that lost by 6 TDs to MD at home!  And Westlake and Katy never play anyone, so just a hunch there. 😉

16 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

More MD fanboy BS. 

MD had the #1, #2, #5, and #6 players in the state of Cali, but you want us to believe you don’t have a monopoly on talent. Pure comedy 

22B46C8F-7D64-41A3-A579-43959890E5D0.png

BS?  No, that's what you're stepping in, "pardner."  Did I say MD didn't have the best DB or RB?  No, I did not.  And Matayo is a 5-star Edge to Bailey's 4-star.  Nice try, though.