Orlando Jones FL at DV on 9/3

4 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

I don't subscribe to that, but I'm guessing they're putting Katy and Westlake in division 1. 

Dave Campbell's rankings had Northshore as the preseason 4th best team in 6A

Here's the preseason rankings below

1. Westlake

2. Katy

3. SLC

4. NS

5. Duncanville

All of the teams above made the Semi's

I don't care about who they picked to go to the finals because that's based on what division they'll be placed in. That's very hard to predict,  and that's the reason you have so many different finalists. 

Edited by Steeler01

1 minute ago, Steeler01 said:

I don't subscribe to that, but I'm guessing they're putting Katy and Westlake in division 1. 

1. Westlake

2. Katy

3. SLC

4. NS

5. Duncanville

I don't care about who they picked to go to the finals because that's based on what division they'll be placed in. That's very hard to predict,  and that's the reason you have so many different finalists. 

Regional Winners

Division I – Katy over Humble Atascocita

Division II – Clear Falls over Alvin Shadow Creek

Yes, they projected Katy D1.  This is who they predicted out of region 3 to be regional winners. 

9 minutes ago, Steeler01 said:

1. Westlake

2. Katy

3. SLC

4. NS

5. Duncanville

But this whole exercise is based on the argument some ppl didn’t predict NS to be in the finals 

NS didn’t strengthen their cause of making finals once the season got under way either 

Edited by Horsefly

Just now, Horsefly said:

It’s based on more than that. On field results matter too, obviously NS was ranked above Westfield preseason and we saw how that worked h2h.  

NS didn’t strengthen their cause of making finals once the season got under way. 

No,  it's based on that.

It's preseason they predicted Katy in division 1.

2 minutes ago, Steeler01 said:

No,  it's based on that.

It's preseason they predicted Katy in division 1.

But our whole argument is based on some ppl not predicting NS to make the finals 

and even once the season started NS didn’t strengthen their argument. They lost to a team ranked lower than them. Westfield wasn’t even preseason top 10

Edited by Horsefly

1 minute ago, Horsefly said:

But our whole argument is based on some ppl not predicting NS to make the finals 

and even once the season started NS didn’t strengthen their argument. They lost to a team ranked lower than them. 

Your argument is that nobody expected NS to make the finals let alone win it.  That's what you quoted.  The preseason 4th ranked team isn't expected to make the finals.  Lol

2 minutes ago, Steeler01 said:

Your argument is that nobody expected NS to make the finals let alone win it.  That's what you quoted.  The preseason 4th ranked team isn't expected to make the finals.  Lol

I provided evidence to support my position. I told you from the beginning that opinion started in preseason. They weren’t even projected to win their region. Lol

Just now, Horsefly said:

I provided evidence to support my position. I told you from the beginning that opinion started in preseason. They weren’t even projected to win their region. Lol

They weren't based on assumptions that certain teams would be in their division. You know teams that Dave Campbell had ahead of them

7 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

That’s what a prediction is!  Lol

The prediction had teams not in their division in their region lol. That's your argument.  Hell I predict SJB to win Texas 6A division 1. They had the same chance as Katy last year after the teams were picked

You failed in this back and forth just cause you had to chime in

NS was expected to be in the finals or at least the Semi's depending on the teams in their region. That's a far cry from not expected to make the finals.  You know what isn't expected a team that's ranked 20th or so, but the 4th ranked preseason team cmon

NS was ranked 4th but nothing was expected of them lol.  There's 4 finalists in Texas. 

Edited by Steeler01

3 minutes ago, Steeler01 said:

The same thing that happened for Guyer, DeSoto,  Dekaney etc the top teams in their regions play in a different division

Here were the week 9 rankings, after they knew Katy would go D2.  Notice Atascocita was ranked ahead of NS. So even after Katy was removed, pollsters didn’t have NS as the best in their district nor region 

1 Austin Westlake (7-0) W: Buda Hays, 77-0 1

2 Katy (8-0) W: Katy Cinco Ranch, 49-3 2

3 Southlake Carroll (7-0) Idle 3

4 Duncanville (5-1) W: Waxahachie, 52-3 5

5 Humble Atascocita (7-1) W: Houston King, 42-21 6

6 Rockwall-Heath (6-1) Idle 7

7 Spring Westfield (7-0) W: Aldine MacArthur, 70-0 8

8 Galena Park North Shore (7-1) W: Humble Summer Creek, 45-18 9

9 Lake Travis (6-1) W: Del Valle, 52-17 10

10 Allen (6-1) W: Denton Guyer, 38-31 11

Your problem is you don’t know half as much as you pretend. research instead of talking so much! 

Edited by Horsefly

1 minute ago, Horsefly said:

Here were the week 9 rankings, after they knew Katy would go D2.  Notice Atascocita was ranked ahead of NS. So even after Katy was removed, pollsters didn’t have NS as the best in their district nor region 

1 Austin Westlake (7-0) W: Buda Hays, 77-0 1

2 Katy (8-0) W: Katy Cinco Ranch, 49-3 2

3 Southlake Carroll (7-0) Idle 3

4 Duncanville (5-1) W: Waxahachie, 52-3 5

5 Humble Atascocita (7-1) W: Houston King, 42-21 6

6 Rockwall-Heath (6-1) Idle 7

7 Spring Westfield (7-0) W: Aldine MacArthur, 70-0 8

8 Galena Park North Shore (7-1) W: Humble Summer Creek, 45-18 9

9 Lake Travis (6-1) W: Del Valle, 52-17 10

10 Allen (6-1) W: Denton Guyer, 38-31 11

Your problem is you don’t know half as much as you pretend. research instead of talking so much! 

Week 9. Week 10 what happened?

Preseason what happened?

20 minutes ago, Steeler01 said:

Week 9. Week 10 what happened?

Preseason what happened?

Well steeler week 10 they beat Atascocita (baileys first start) . And of course that’s when you became enlightened about NS.  Lol

Edited by Horsefly

41 minutes ago, Steeler01 said:

Screenshot_20220323-124607_Samsung Internet.jpg

Well steeler this is the week after they beat Atascocita. 

you do know the more info that is collected the easier it is to make predictions. Katy was removed from D1,  NS corrected themselves with a QB change.  all things happened during the course of 10 weeks. Lol

Edited by Horsefly

37 minutes ago, Steeler01 said:

You want this notion that nobody can predict Texas because it's so deep BS

Steeler just face the fact you are wrong and move on. There were several predictors before the season and well after it started (that I provided) that NS wasn’t projected to win its region. 

Edited by Horsefly

6 minutes ago, pied said:

Funny how message board conversations go.  

Everyone would agree that NS is a top 10 probably top 5 program in Texas the last ~5-10 years.

They were ranked by Dave Campbell as the #4 team in the state.  MaxPreps had them as the #3 team in the state.  Now we're nitpicking whether they were predicted to be in the state finals.

Perhaps not, but to think they were a surprise is a dopey take.

Pied that’s what the conversation was about, predictions and when they were made. So their Freshman QB performing the way he did was not a surprise to you? (Never mind the fact he was even trusted/handed the keys to the offense)  

Edited by Horsefly

Just now, pied said:

Sure, but is the fact that a preseason top 4 team in the state made the finals?  nope

No one argued that it was ridiculous that a preseason #4 team made the finals, only that they simply weren’t projected to do so because the team ranked ahead of them was from their region (Katy) 

But even during the bulk of the season they weren’t projected to do so because at the time Atascocita was ranked ahead of them