NationalHSFB.com Preseason Top 25 Rankings

11 hours ago, Sammy Swordsman said:

What is the scouting report on Bergen and DBP?   Now is the time to collect the data.

As far as depth is concerned Bergen definitely had/has a good pipeline of young talent...Defensive front 7 will be stout again like last year and they will be the anchor for the squad. The question marks are almost all on the offensive side of the ball. The coach's son is now the heir apparent at qb (lefty btw) and his progression will determine the season. The O-line was in my opinion the weakness of last year's team and it will have some new faces this season. RB is in good hands with St.Fleur but he is more of a speed back and his durability will be put to the test. They will miss being able to hand it off to Butler (who loved contact) for the tough yards.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bodysurf said:

Corona Centennial was the second best team in Cali last year. And that is a hill I will die on.

Quotes from Cen10 fan about the MD game.

“MD played offense about as poorly as you could expect from a team with that level of talent”

”MD simply didn’t execute as well as they could have on offense”

“The score made the game look much closer than it was”

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Sammy Swordsman said:

Tier 1 - SFA, SJB, IMG, Stache

Tier 2 - BG, Cen10, Miami Central, Westlake, North Shore, Lakeland, STA, Chandler, St. Ed*

Tier 3 - Bergen, Saguaro, Buford, Grayson, SJC, Cham Madonna, Warner Robbins, Thompson

Tier 4 - DBP*, AHP,

Tier 5 - Lipscomb, Long Hughes

Tier 6 - Folsom**

* probation

** autofill

Everyone in NJ knows that DBP is the clear preseason #1 in 2022. BC should not be ahead of them in this exercise. @MickeyBern @BNU04

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MC ROCKETS said:

Sammy...Lakeland is not a group 2 team. Not sure if this was a crapshoot or you actually did your research? Coming from a Florida guy, Chaminade and AHP are both better. They did pick up some transfers from their surrounding area, and usually have a decent regular season then hits the early exit button in the playoffs. Not sold on them.

It depends on what criteria you use to determine the rankings. Is it based on the number of scheduled games against assumed nationally elite teams? If so, they're not top 100. Is it based on how a team does with average versions of its teams under the current head coach- whereby Mater Dei losing thirty-two (32) games between 2008 and 2015 (no fewer than 3 in any of those seasons) might suggest the Monarchs "usually" lose several games a season and don't win a title- then they also aren't top 100.  Is it based on the talent and experience on the roster, as determined by colleges recruiting and games started? If so, they are top 10 in the country. Is it based on historical accomplishments with loaded teams? If so, they are top 10 in the country.

On paper (which is all we have for any team right now), this is by far the most loaded Lakeland roster ever. Given they've had multiple teams blow out STA in state title games, they have teams who've traveled to the Bay area and beat DLS in a year when the Spartans won the CA Open bowl title, etc, if this team really is way better than those teams...only a hopeless homer would argue they aren't top 10 nationally.

* It appears as if Miami Central ducked Lakeland this year. And their head coach was "all up in his feelings making several Twitter posts trying to justify it. So, it looks like there's some "tension" between the Rockets and Dreadnaughts. 😁

13 hours ago, Sportsnut said:

From what I see, they both lost tons of talent. Both lost their qb, with Bosco losing qb1 and qb2. Who replaces their qb with the most experience to lead has the upper hand. They both lost wr's, db's and linemen. I don't see a repeat of last year's shutout.

A much closer game with Bergen winning again.

Bosco's QB Trey Marinucci is returning for his senior year. DBP starts out as the favorite because of what they return as well as how they finished last year. Bergen will start in the #2 position but if things click at QB they will give Bosco a run. I believe the darkhorse here is SJR. Very disappointing season last year for the Green Knights but they have a lot of young talent that will get an opportunity to prove themselves this upcoming season.

14 hours ago, Sportsnut said:

From what I see, they both lost tons of talent. Both lost their qb, with Bosco losing qb1 and qb2. Who replaces their qb with the most experience to lead has the upper hand. They both lost wr's, db's and linemen. I don't see a repeat of last year's shutout.

A much closer game with Bergen winning again.

Not true. DBP returns almost every key starter, including one of the top OL in America, Chase Bisontis. 

15 hours ago, Sammy Swordsman said:

What is the scouting report on Bergen and DBP?   Now is the time to collect the data.

In a nutshell, BC lost a lot to graduation but still return some of the states best players, all of whom are on Defense. DBP returns almost all of their team. They’re pretty loaded with their best team since 2015, arguably 2011. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, MC ROCKETS said:

Sammy...Lakeland is not a group 2 team. Not sure if this was a crapshoot or you actually did your research? Coming from a Florida guy, Chaminade and AHP are both better. They did pick up some transfers from their surrounding area, and usually have a decent regular season then hits the early exit button in the playoffs. Not sold on them.

AHP WAS better, they aren't that powerhouse program they were in the past anymore

And Lakeland didn't just pick up some transfers they practically have the entire Polk County all stars on one team, they easily have 3 times the blue chippers in their senior class than AHP does and aren't breaking in a new head coach like AHP

I do agree Chaminade deserves to be seen as a big deal and could have a case for the best team in Florida

5 hours ago, Longtime Observer said:

It depends on what criteria you use to determine the rankings. Is it based on the number of scheduled games against assumed nationally elite teams? If so, they're not top 100. Is it based on how a team does with average versions of its teams under the current head coach- whereby Mater Dei losing thirty-two (32) games between 2008 and 2015 (no fewer than 3 in any of those seasons) might suggest the Monarchs "usually" lose several games a season and don't win a title- then they also aren't top 100.  Is it based on the talent and experience on the roster, as determined by colleges recruiting and games started? If so, they are top 10 in the country. Is it based on historical accomplishments with loaded teams? If so, they are top 10 in the country.

On paper (which is all we have for any team right now), this is by far the most loaded Lakeland roster ever. Given they've had multiple teams blow out STA in state title games, they have teams who've traveled to the Bay area and beat DLS in a year when the Spartans won the CA Open bowl title, etc, if this team really is way better than those teams...only a hopeless homer would argue they aren't top 10 nationally.

* It appears as if Miami Central ducked Lakeland this year. And their head coach was "all up in his feelings making several Twitter posts trying to justify it. So, it looks like there's some "tension" between the Rockets and Dreadnaughts. 😁

Actually Miami Central didn't duck Lakeland

Lakeland would only play Central if they came to Bryant Stadium and wouldn't go to Traz Powell

Lakeland also made no attempt to schedule Miami Central until AFTER they raided all of Polk County all stars for a roster to rival IMG in talent 

7 hours ago, MickeyBern said:

As far as depth is concerned Bergen definitely had/has a good pipeline of young talent...Defensive front 7 will be stout again like last year and they will be the anchor for the squad. The question marks are almost all on the offensive side of the ball. The coach's son is now the heir apparent at qb (lefty btw) and his progression will determine the season. The O-line was in my opinion the weakness of last year's team and it will have some new faces this season. RB is in good hands with St.Fleur but he is more of a speed back and his durability will be put to the test. They will miss being able to hand it off to Butler (who loved contact) for the tough yards.  

Mick, good catch. You are correct. It was a misread on my part. He is a senior this year.

2 hours ago, THEOC89 said:

Tougher Game?…. Servite put up almost 37 points on MD and the year before almost beat MD…. 

Who has put up more then 37 points on MD and their Great Defenses the last 5 years other then DJ and SJB?…..

Just point out the Better win that Cen10 had that was better then Servites 3 TD win over SJB in the playoffs?…..

Remember, we are talking about Wins and not “Good Losses”…. 🤣

Servite had a Great Team last year, give them some credit, they would have smoked Cen10…..

Servite was a great team last year. I never said they weren’t. I thought Cen10 was better. It was the only game last year that I was not sure whether MD would win. 
You will never convince me that Servite was better, and I will never convince you Cen10 was better. Let’s just agree to disagree and move on. 

Edited by Bodysurf
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Columbiafan said:

Lakeland would only play Central if they came to Bryant Stadium and wouldn't go to Traz Powell

Lakeland also made no attempt to schedule Miami Central until AFTER they raided all of Polk County all stars for a roster to rival IMG in talent 

Exactly. 

33 minutes ago, Bodysurf said:

Servite was a great team last year. I never said they weren’t. I thought Cen10 was better. It was the only game last year that I was not sure whether MD would win. 
You will never convince me that Servite was better, and I will never convince you Cen10 was better. Let’s just agree to disagree to move on. 

Servite had its chance for national relevance last season. It'll be a long haul to repeat such. 

1 hour ago, Bodysurf said:

You will never convince me that Servite was better, and I will never convince you Cen10 was better. Let’s just agree to disagree and move on. 

Then why do you keep bringing it up?

I agree let’s move on 

4 hours ago, Columbiafan said:

So, it sounds like, at best, Central would only play Lakeland if it was at Traz Powell? 😂

Lakeland made the attempt after they did what Central does every year in Dade county. 

I think it's fair to say both teams are guilty of the same thing. (Which, of course, means fans of one team only consider how the other team is bad/weak/scared etc.)