NationalHSFB.com Preseason Top 25 Rankings

3 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

This season Servite is projected to finish #4 at best in the TL. Time to move on the bigger and better opptys. 

Isn't basically the entire Trinity league top 100 nationally?

Even if they are like top 100 nationally there's at least 10-15 teams in Florida that could compete with them and be a semi level playing field 

3 minutes ago, Columbiafan said:

Isn't basically the entire Trinity league top 100 nationally?

Even if they are like top 100 nationally there's at least 10-15 teams in Florida that could compete with them and be a semi level playing field 

Nah, only the top 3 are usually considered nationally-relevant. Besides SJB and MD only SM will be ranked inside the T100 preseason polls. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Nah, only the top 3 are usually considered nationally-relevant. Besides SJB and MD only SM will be ranked inside the T100 preseason polls. 

Even with calpreps and MaxPreps usually ranking like 30 CA teams every preseason just like they rank like 20 FL teams and only about 50-75% are actually the right 20 teams? 😂

11 minutes ago, THEOC89 said:

The thing is with Servite, they are not trying to be a National power, they are trying to win their section and play in the open…. They have a Task only a few teams in the whole Country have and that’s to Beat Both SJB and MD in the playoffs to win a section and state championship…

SJB try’s to be a Traveling Circus Claiming wins over all these state champs who can’t come within 3 TD’s of Beating SJB…. All the wile you don’t see SFA, STA, IMG, etc anywhere near their schedule….. It is frankly just Boring….

At least MD has played SFA and IMG, but in my opinion they need to go to Baltimore and play SFA on the road…. I can’t imagine that wouldn’t be attractive to ESPN….

Servile will be just Awful this year as they had a OIAG Team last year but unfortunately for them, MD has a OIAG Team every year!….🤣🤣

Well SJB did play STA

They lost 

• Like 1

On 6/22/2022 at 9:32 PM, Sammy Swordsman said:

Tier 1 - SFA, SJB, IMG, Stache

Tier 2 - BG, Cen10, Miami Central, Westlake, North Shore, Lakeland, STA, Chandler, St. Ed*

Tier 3 - Bergen, Saguaro, Buford, Grayson, SJC, Cham Madonna, Warner Robbins, Thompson

Tier 4 - DBP*, AHP,

Tier 5 - Lipscomb, Long Hughes

Tier 6 - Folsom**

* probation

** autofill

Honestly the recent SFA vs IMG matchups proves to me that IMG is a tier down from them

Go ahead and bump IMG down to tier 2

11 minutes ago, Columbiafan said:

Honestly the recent SFA vs IMG matchups proves to me that IMG is a tier down from them

Go ahead and bump IMG down to tier 2

You are correct.   I think IMG finished in Tier 2 last year.  I would put Allen in Tier 3.   If they weren't scheduled with SJB, Texas polls would have Allen in Top 8

12 hours ago, GardenStateBaller said:

I offered the best of the best outside of Cali. They were always frightened beyond belief to move forward. Always had a lame excuse. When's the last time Servite played an OOS game east of the Mississippi? 1982? 

When was the last time a team from east of the Mississippi came to California to play Servite? What about that Moeller?

Edited by Professor Fate

6 hours ago, Sammy Swordsman said:

You are correct.   I think IMG finished in Tier 2 last year.  I would put Allen in Tier 3.   If they weren't scheduled with SJB, Texas polls would have Allen in Top 8

At the end of last regular season allen finished 17th. They weren’t going to leapfrog into the top 10 in preseason.  You are a much better poster when you don’t engage in this type of conspiracy buffoonery 

Edited by Horsefly
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Professor Fate said:

When was the last time a team from east of the Mississippi came to California to play Servite? What about that Moeller?

Teams from the east coast are invited to SoCal annually for both the Honor Bowl event (IMG, SJP, SJR), as well as our TL vs The USA event (SFA, GC, DBP, Milton). From what I hear SM will be the only other TL team invited to participate in this event going fwd since they'll play anyone anywhere, and they never complain about their assisgned opponent. 

20 minutes ago, WILKINSON said:

Lots of Georgia bias in that poll. Geez, I wonder why 👀

Not to mention giving some limelight to PGL clients 

No one has been tougher on the state of GA than yours truly. I attend their HSFB Chips each and every season. The four (4) teams that made our Preseason Top 25 Rankings are fully deserving at this point in time. And remember, it's not where you start....it's where you finish! 

PRESEASON TOP 25.png

54 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Teams from the east coast are invited to SoCal annually for both the Honor Bowl event (IMG, SJP, SJR), as well as our TL vs The USA event (SFA, GC, DBP, Milton). From what I hear SM will be the only other TL team invited to participate in this event going fwd since they'll play anyone anywhere, and they never complain about their assisgned opponent. 

I thought IMG wasn't allowed to play California teams anymore but could they have something like Chandler vs IMG at the honor bowl?

1 minute ago, Columbiafan said:

I thought IMG wasn't allowed to play California teams anymore but could they have something like Chandler vs IMG at the honor bowl?

IMG played Cen10 before the idiotic Academy rule was passed. The Honor Bowl is mostly a CA vs The USA-themed event. So you won't find IMG participating in it any longer. 

11 minutes ago, THEOC89 said:

Honestly, while you have good intentions with the TL vs USA event, Jason Negro’s unwillingness to play any top teams has made that event a joke…..

Since SFA was in the event, there has not been 1 team that could actually Beat SJB or MD…..

They might as well just have Villa Park, La Habra and Edision in the Event and Call it “The TL Just wants Easy Wins Event” which is all it really is….🤣

In fairness…. SFA is f*ckin scary.   That’s really the only team being blacklisted.   Other than them. I other team is capable of beating MD or SJB.

Neither Coach wants to risk an “L” and 6 guys out for the season. 

12 minutes ago, THEOC89 said:

Apparently SFA isn’t that scary because Both DLS and Cen10 Scheduled them….

Both MD and SJB are playing for National Titles they should play the Best Competition out there which is SFA….. What exactly are you teaching your kids if you are not Challenging them at the highest level…. All JN is teaching his kids is how to be bullies and how to transfer…. 🤣

Yep.  The event is trending towards  the following on the slate.

Something something Canyon

Something something Valley

Something something Springs

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, THEOC89 said:

This is exactly my Point with SJB…. Since they lost To STA Back in 2017, SJB has not scheduled an OOS opponent who can actually Beat them….

SJB has won Every OOS game by 3+ TD’s by scheduling lower level OOS teams….

Just look at 2018…. The CIF passes a Rule that CA teams Can’t play IMG starting in 2019…. What does MD do?… They Make sure to get IMG on their schedule, eventhough MD had a brand new starting QB and they already had a road game against BG scheduled…..

What does SJB do?…. Schedules Timpview and some second rate HI team, eventhough SJB has DJ retiring at QB and a bunch of weak teams that have no chance to beat them on their schedule…..

Jason Negro is a Used Car Salesman, he is afraid to play Top Teams…. Heck, if MD wasn’t in the same league, he would Never Voluntarily Schedule MD….🤣🤣

I kinda like the guy, but yeah, hard to argue the point.  Ceding the SFA game to MD on your brand new home turf was all I needed to know.  And I think we saw from that game that Bosco would've gotten the win, too; don't know what the hesitancy is.  I mean, the best program in the nation is already in your league, so what the hell does SJB have to lose challenging other elite teams?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, SeaShells21 said:

Duncanville and DeSoto scheduled them. 

Bingham and Lee County scheduled them. 

I guess there are no other excuses besides Mater Dei doesn’t want to visit Maryland and Thing 2 settles for lesser Tier 3 competition.

#ExcuseThreadMaterial

Bing and Lee were forced to play SFA in the Geico Bowl series. They had no choice.

Kudos to these publics that have voluntarily scheduled SFA in 2022: ESL, DS, Venice, DF and Kahuku. Love their grit and determination. 

• Like 1