NationalHSFB.com Preseason Top 25 Rankings

2 minutes ago, Longtime Observer said:

Fun fact: If Lakeland merely scheduled a game against any "PGL client" they'd immediately be in the top 10. That they're #25 in a rankings list done by someone who works tirelessly to discredit them due to their not being a "PGL client" is informative. 

Not true at all. Their SOS is horrific each and every year regardless. Playing and beating teams like Apopka and Bloomingdale will never ever equate to substantial national rankings. Beggars can't be choosers. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Not true at all. Their SOS is horrific each and every year regardless. Playing and beating teams like Apopka and Bloomingdale will never ever equate to substantial national rankings. Beggars can't be choosers. 

Their schedule should be better this year, granted. Point is, if they had a big name that is a PGL client, they'd be top 10. And the reason is because they have a top 10 roster, with above average-compared to the top 25- coaching/coordinators. They have 15 kids on defense alone with D1 offers, including the consensus best defensive player in the country. And it's a good bet the kids from their neck of the woods are more likely to be underrated than the kids playing for a private power in the largest media market in the country where HS football is a thing. 

2 minutes ago, Longtime Observer said:

Their schedule should be better this year, granted. Point is, if they had a big name that is a PGL client, they'd be top 10. And the reason is because they have a top 10 roster, with above average-compared to the top 25- coaching/coordinators. They have 15 kids on defense alone with D1 offers, including the consensus best defensive player in the country. And it's a good bet the kids from their neck of the woods are more likely to be underrated than the kids playing for a private power in the largest media market in the country where HS football is a thing. 

Not true. They wouldn't automatically be ranked higher if they had just scheduled the likes of SFA, SJB, DBP, etc. this season. How one competes and fairs vs those elite teams determines their national prowess and relevancy. Look at the five (5) FL programs ranked ahead of Lakeland: IMG, CM, MC, STA, AHP. What do they all have in common? They've all beaten nationally-ranked OOS teams of late. Hence, all of their SOS numbers are respectable. Only tIme will tell where Lakeland eventually ends up. 

4 hours ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Apopka could probably beat half the teams your buddy at MaxPreps always tries to sneak in for the rankings each year for the sunshine state 😂😂

1 minute ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Not true. They wouldn't automatically be ranked higher if they had just scheduled the likes of SFA, SJB, DBP, etc. this season. How one competes and fairs vs those elite teams determines their national prowess and relevancy. Look at the five (5) FL programs ranked ahead of Lakeland: IMG, CM, MC, STA, AHP. What do they all have in common? They've all beaten nationally-ranked OOS teams of late. Hence, all of their SOS numbers are respectable. Only tIme will tell where Lakeland eventually ends up. 

AHP is too high and will be in every major poll because of one player

I will gladly address this when I release my poll, remember I was pointing out the same thing about Miami Northwestern last year and ended up being right while most thought me not having MNW in the top 10 for FL was idiotic 

Funny how things tend to work out including being the only ranking service to rank all 8 state champs in the preseason

2 minutes ago, Columbiafan said:

I will gladly address this when I release my poll, remember I was pointing out the same thing about Miami Northwestern last year and ended up being right while most thought me not having MNW in the top 10 for FL was idiotic 

Funny how things tend to work out including being the only ranking service to rank all 8 state champs in the preseason

AHPs OOS games at Lowndes and vs Los Al will tell us where they stand right off the bat. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sammy Swordsman said:

The ratio of 3 Calif teams and 2 NJ teams needs to be addressed.

The last 2 times both of the ranked NJ played a Calif teams, they were running clocked.

There are probably 14-20 Calif teams that are better than the #2 NJ team and 5-8 Calif teams that are better than NJ #1

It's not where you start....IMO there are only three CA teams better than BC and DBP in 2022. 

The Texas hate is alive and well! Not saying that there’s ever a poll that gets it 100% right, especially for Pre-Season but this is just straight up baffling. 

Interested to know what percentage of that Top 25 are clients or affiliated with PGL. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, GardenStateBaller said:

AHPs OOS games at Lowndes and vs Los Al will tell us where they stand right off the bat. 

We will see but I'll tell you this 

Unless you think AHP is going to massively be better despite losing their head coach than they were last year they are too high because last year AHP team wasn't top 25 in the nation

Everyone, this is a preseason ranking! It’s a crapshoot. All of them are typically the usual suspects every year. That is why I won’t release mine until every team has played a game. 
A lot of you keep referring to MD’s dismantling of BC. Well, guess what, MD (and SJB for that matter) have knocked the socks off of all of those aforementioned Cali teams you brought up as well. Not to mention destroying a top TX team IN Texas last year. 
Just be patient and wait and see what happens after ALL of the teams have a couple games under their belts….

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Columbiafan said:

Has AHP lost some players that I'm not aware of? Last I checked they had a lot of big time players, including a couple of Ohio State commits.