Which state has the best high school football?

Best HS Football  

45 members have voted

1. 1. Which state has the best high school football?

• Florida
    • Georgia
    • Texas
    • California
    • Alabama

Texas is the best because the quality depth. Other states can compete with Texas teams but when you start getting down in the depths it would get ugly. Texas has the best coaching by far and top resources. Best Fan support too. The complete and total package. They have the most balanced amount of players too. Not just skill guys. Stud lineman, quarterbacks everywhere. It’s one stop shop 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, GardenStateBaller said:

But their best is currently 42 points better than your best. Trickle down effect. 

Well for starters Duncanville was not Texas best and secondly, like mentioned already you have to look at entire field.  If Texas were to concentrate the state’s top talent to a few teams, like Cali, they’d have a SJB and MD type team too.  Cali shouldn’t be judged based on SJB and MD only. Here’s a quick comparison: 

Looking at the #of players they have in each state’s respective top 20 (247 recruiting)is revealing.

SJB/MD:
2019-4
2020-4
2021-5
2022-7 (MD had 4 of Cali’s top 6)
2023-6 (SJB has 4)

Westlake/North shore (Texas best 6A programs) 
2019-0
2020-1
2021-1
2022-2
2023-1

the percent of Cali’s overall talent concentrated to a few schools is unmatched in places like Texas. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

Well for starters Duncanville was not Texas best and secondly, like mentioned already you have to look at entire field.  If Texas were to concentrate the state’s top talent to a few teams, like Cali, they’d have a SJB and MD type team too.  Cali shouldn’t be judged based on SJB and MD only. Here’s a quick comparison: 

Looking at the #of players they have in each state’s respective top 20 (247 recruiting)is revealing.

SJB/MD:
2019-4
2020-4
2021-5
2022-7 (MD had 4 of Cali’s top 6)
2023-6 (SJB has 4)

Westlake/North shore (Texas best 6A programs) 
2019-0
2020-1
2021-1
2022-2
2023-1

the percent of Cali’s overall talent concentrated to a few schools is unmatched in places like Texas. 

Missed you, man. Welcome!

• Thanks 1

If you compare Texas vs California.  Just know this TX beat a Cali State Champ with a 1st round playoff loser. That DLS team was judged their best since the streak and they went back and mudstomped Cali.  MD absolutely smoked Duncanville and was a great win for Cali.  No one has put a TX 6A Champs skin on their wall in the last 20 years.  Find another State who can say that.  GA, CA, FL the other big 3 have all had their big School Champ lose OOS the last 20 yrs.  That's the depth of Texas.  You lose OOS you don't win State.  Cedar Hill and Dville are the only 2 that lost OOS and made the TX big School championship and they lost. 

Edited by Devildog
  • Like 3

The updated Rivals250 for the class of 2023 has been released, and many of the usual suspects known for producing elite talent are at the top again. The South continues to reign supreme with no other geographical region making the top five.

Texas leads the pack with 50 prospects in the latest update. It is followed by Florida with 39 prospects, Georgia with 21 and Alabama with 20. Louisiana rounds out the top five with 17 prospects in the new Rivals250.

Notably absent from the list of top producers is California, which finished fourth in 2022 and just missed the cut here.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Texasball said:

The updated Rivals250 for the class of 2023 has been released, and many of the usual suspects known for producing elite talent are at the top again. The South continues to reign supreme with no other geographical region making the top five.

Texas leads the pack with 50 prospects in the latest update. It is followed by Florida with 39 prospects, Georgia with 21 and Alabama with 20. Louisiana rounds out the top five with 17 prospects in the new Rivals250.

Notably absent from the list of top producers is California, which finished fourth in 2022 and just missed the cut here.

California with less elite players than Georgia, Alabama, and Louisiana according to Rivals.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Golfaddict1 said:

Hi brethren, 

I chose Cali 1 and it would have been TX 2.   

My thought process was quick and focusing on a hypothetical top 10 to 25 team state battle.  We’ll never know and fun to banter, but I’d lean CA ahead of TX 1-2 with a little drop off to 3 down.  

If anyone wants to give me a top 25 for CA and TX I would love to compare it to my final top 25 of Florida

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, WILKINSON said:

If we’re talking about Top 2 from California vs Top 2 from Texas then CA wins. But TX trumps CA if we were do to do Top 25 vs Top 25 in my opinion. 

According to Cal preps for last year

#5  Calif  Cathedral 70.7       Texas Guyer 66.2

#10 Serra 63.6                       Texas Atascocita 61.3

#15 St. Francis 60.5               Stephenville 57.7

#20 Poly 55.4                        Carthage 54.5

#25 Carlsbad 50.5                 Lorena 52.2

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sammy Swordsman said:

According to Cal preps for last year

#5  Calif  Cathedral 70.7       Texas Guyer 66.2

#10 Serra 63.6                       Texas Atascocita 61.3

#15 St. Francis 60.5               Stephenville 57.7

#20 Poly 55.4                        Carthage 54.5

#25 Carlsbad 50.5                 Lorena 52.2

Come on man. Stephenville? Lorena? Also, you’re using Calpreps. I think that’s where you went wrong. 

I don't agree with the Calpreps rankings, but for the sake of this argument, No. 15 Stephenville would not last more than two quarters against...

No. 17 Westfield

No. 19. Denton Ryan

No. 22 Lake Travis

No. 24 Katy Tompkins

And then you have Lorena at 25?? Would lose against...

No. 39 Rockwall-Heath

No. 40 Highland Park

No. 41 Euless Trinity

No. 44 Ridge Point

No. 45 Dickinson

Let's be real. I feel like for an argument of top 25 vs top 25, you have to be familiar with the depth and teams of both states. No bias included. 

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, WILKINSON said:

I don't agree with the Calpreps rankings, but for the sake of this argument, No. 15 Stephenville would not last more than two quarters against...

No. 17 Westfield

No. 19. Denton Ryan

No. 22 Lake Travis

No. 24 Katy Tompkins

No. 39 Rockwall-Heath

No. 40 Highland Park

No. 41 Euless Trinity

No. 44 Ridge Point

No. 45 Dickinson

Let's be real. I feel like for an argument of top 25 vs top 25, you have to be familiar with the depth and teams of both states. No bias included. 

I will defer to you on the Texas rankings, and you are certainly right about Westfield being better than Stephenville.    I would like to see more inter state play among the Top 10-20 teams in each state, not just MD and SJB

37 minutes ago, WILKINSON said:

No. 17 Westfield

No. 19. Denton Ryan

No. 22 Lake Travis

No. 24 Katy Tompkins

No. 39 Rockwall-Heath

No. 40 Highland Park

No. 41 Euless Trinity

No. 44 Ridge Point

No. 45 Dickinson

You and the other credible TX posters here are going to be vital to our immediate and long-term sucees. Do what you do best!!

On 2/19/2022 at 6:02 PM, WILKINSON said:

No. 17 Westfield

No. 19. Denton Ryan

No. 22 Lake Travis

No. 24 Katy Tompkins

No. 39 Rockwall-Heath

No. 40 Highland Park

No. 41 Euless Trinity

No. 44 Ridge Point

No. 45 Dickinson

Let's be real. I feel like for an argument of top 25 vs top 25, you have to be familiar with the depth and teams of both states. No bias included

That's the problem, most of these people have to much bias