Which state has the best high school football?

Best HS Football  

45 members have voted

1. 1. Which state has the best high school football?

• Florida
    • Georgia
    • Texas
    • California
    • Alabama

5 minutes ago, Steeler01 said:

NS walked through Houston with ease in 18-20. What playoff game was close

The whole season steeler. ‘18 was their most dominant season, ‘20 probably their 2d best championship team and they struggled early on with shadow creek and Klein collins

at no time does DV struggle with DFW teams whether Reg season or playoffs 

top to bottom GHA plays more competitively than dfw imo. Doesn’t mean DFW doesn’t have good teams in the state but they aren’t as consistent. 

Edited by Horsefly

Just now, Horsefly said:

The whole season steeler. ‘18 was their most dominant season, ‘20 probably their 2d best championship team and they struggled early on with shadow creek and Klein collins

at no time does DV struggle with DFW teams whether Reg season or playoffs 

How many top teams has Duncaville played in the regular from Dallas in the last 4 years? Compare that to NS

4 minutes ago, Steeler01 said:

How many top teams has Duncaville played in the regular from Dallas in the last 4 years? Compare that to NS

What difference does it make if it’s Reg or playoffs? It’s a whole season impact. Nonetheless, Chill would be the best team they played but only in ‘20. Desoto could be also in ‘20 and ‘21 

Edited by Horsefly

5 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

What difference does it make if it’s Reg or playoffs? It’s a whole season impact. Nonetheless, Chill would be the best team they played but only in ‘20. Desoto could be also in ‘20 and ‘21 

It matters how many times you play top teams. 

If NS was playing schedules like Duncanville they'd have no problem in the regular season.  We know they have no problems with Houston in the playoffs

7 minutes ago, Steeler01 said:

It matters how many times you play top teams. 

If NS was playing schedules like Duncanville they'd have no problem in the regular season.  We know they have no problems with Houston in the playoffs

That’s not true. They struggled with Tompkins last year, and Katy in ‘18. 

They would have cake walked DVs DFW playoff schedule though. Not one team would have given much resistance. Why? GHA>DFW 

Edited by Horsefly

That’s not true. They struggled with Tompkins last year, and Katy in ‘18. 

Struggled with Katy my ass. Scoring at will. Do you watch the games or just the scores?

Tompkins I'll give you,  even though they were up multiple scores throughout the game. A Rams- Bucs kind of game. One team dominates and has turnovers to make the game close

2 minutes ago, Steeler01 said:

Struggled with Katy my ass. Scoring at will. Do you watch the games or just the scores?

Tompkins I'll give you,  even though they were up multiple scores throughout the game. A Rams- Bucs kind of game. One team dominates and has turnovers to make the game close

Yes steeler I watch every game. They didn’t dog walk Katy in the playoffs that year. It came down to a few key stops in the 4th qtr for them to pull away.  Don’t confuse it with ‘19 playoffs. 

Edited by Horsefly

Yes steeler I watch every game. They didn’t dog walk Katy in the playoffs that year. It came down to a few key stops in the 4th qtr for them to pull away.  Don’t confuse it with ‘19 playoffs. 

https://usatodayhss.com/2018/super-25-no-23-north-shore-sends-statement-with-another-rout-of-powerhouse-katy

49-31 before a meaningless TD

Edited by Steeler01

6 minutes ago, Steeler01 said:

I don’t need a recap. It was 49-38

28-21 at half (NS score right before halftime) and 35-24 going into the 4th. 

that’s not a rout!  Lol 

The only thing eye opening was that Katy allowed 49

Edited by Horsefly

4 minutes ago, Steeler01 said:

Problems with using the phone

Yes,  region 3 in a blowout. Those tough games NS has in the playoffs

NS is one of the two best programs in 6A, that’s not in dispute. Regardless, they’ve  struggled more during the seasons since ‘18 than the best from DFW have. 

with the exception of last year, I think Katy could have beaten the best from DFW on any given night, especially in the playoffs…a team that is 2d best in GHA 

Edited by Horsefly

4 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

NS is one of the two best programs in 6A, that’s not in dispute. Regardless, they’ve  struggled more during the seasons since ‘18 than the best from DFW have. 

with the exception of last year, I think Katy could have beaten the best from DFW on any given night, especially in the playoffs…a team that is 2d best in GHA 

Yes Katy and NS that's it.

Guyer, and SLC wwould've done just fine playing Katy and NS. SLC specifically  matches up a lot better vs NS than Duncanville does. Duncanville's inability to throw the ball is what did them in.  They can't bully NS like they can do to the rest of Texas. 

Just now, Steeler01 said:

Guyer did beat Atascocita though. A Dallas team. 

The depth teams

Guyer beat Atascocita 

Desoto beat Westfield

Atascocita beat Allen 

Guyer beat Tomball

Tomball beat Rockwall Heath

But you can’t just stop there. How dominant were Atascocita and tomball in Houston compared to Guyer and Desoto in Dallas?  

Cita and tomball had much more competitive games. 

Just now, Horsefly said:

But you can’t just stop there. How dominant were Atascocita and tomball in Houston compared to Guyer and Desoto in Dallas?  

Cita and tomball had much more competitive games. 

Guyer beat Tomball 59-14.  I didn't bother to watch that game but unless Guyer scored 35 points in the last 5 minutes that's not close at all

Just now, Steeler01 said:

Yes Katy and NS that's it.

Guyer, and SLC wwould've done just fine playing Katy and NS. SLC specifically  matches up a lot better vs NS than Duncanville does. Duncanville's inability to throw the ball is what did them in.  They can't bully NS like they can do to the rest of Texas. 

Katy was a non factor this year which is why I said Katy this past season was the exception. But both SLC and Guyer would have lost by 14.+ to north shore last year 

neither Guyer nor SLC beat playoff Katy in 18, 19 or 20. They were too physical for them upfront 

Just now, Horsefly said:

Katy was a non factor this year which is why I said Katy this past season was the exception. But both SLC and Guyer would have lost by 14.+ to north shore last year 

neither Guyer nor SLC beat playoff Katy in 18, 19 or 20. They were too physical for them upfront 

It would be nice to actually watch those games.  Katy- Carroll should happen almost annually

1 minute ago, Steeler01 said:

Guyer beat Tomball 59-14.  I didn't bother to watch that game but unless Guyer scored 35 points in the last 5 minutes that's not close at all

I said back in Houston tomball and Cita had more competitive games than Desoto and Guyer did in DFW. They lost to Klein collins 31-8 in district