Which state has the best high school football?

Best HS Football  

45 members have voted

1. 1. Which state has the best high school football?

• Florida
    • Georgia
    • Texas
    • California
    • Alabama

26 minutes ago, 1Since71 said:

Texas depth is a myth perpetuated by Texas

Go look at our talent depth compared to Cali. Stats dont lie. Cali geographically has all the pac12 and the mountain west conf to themselves as a major state and still trail fla and tex and in several years GA in recruiting 

70% of the 2023 top 20 talent in Cali goes to 6 just schools (SJB, MD, Cen10, Folsom, LA, Pittsburg)

Edited by Horsefly

29 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

I'd say there's a huge drop off after MD, SJB and Cen10. No? 

There’s also a drop off after Westlake ,DV and NS.Not a whole lot difference between the gap of top teams from both states.California has a much better peak at the top which would make one contemplate 🤔 which state is really deeper

4 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

I don't think the gaps are that wide in TX and FL. 

No,  but they also didn't have their top 3 in the top 10 

This last year Duncanville was borderline and look at what happened to the 4th best team when they played

Edited by Steeler01

26 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

Go look at our talent depth compared to Cali. Stats dont lie. Cali geographically has all the pac12 and the mountain west conf to themselves as a major state and still trail fla and tex and in several years GA in recruiting 

70% of the 2023 top 20 talent in Cali goes to 6 just schools (SJB, MD, Cen10, Folsom, LA, Pittsburg)

As a state like Louisiana has shown us talented individuals don’t necessarily equate to better teams

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, 1Since71 said:

There’s also a drop off after Westlake ,DV and NS.Not a whole lot difference between the gap of top teams from both states.California has a much better peak at the top which would make one contemplate 🤔 which state is really deeper

No there’s not. north shore actually lost and had a closer playoff game than the one with Duncanville.  Do a little more study on Texas and you’ll see why that’s the case.  But I’ll let you stumble on what’s going on in Texas on your own 

2 minutes ago, Steeler01 said:

No,  but they also didn't have their top 3 in the top 10 

This last year Duncanville was borderline and look at what happened to the 4th best team when they played

Nobody's arguing that CA has the top 2-3 in America annually. Overall, I think teams #4-20 in TX and FL may be a tad better going down the line. 

2 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

No there’s not. north shore actually lost and had a closer playoff game than the one with Duncanville.  Do a little more study on Texas and you’ll see why that’s the case.  But I’ll let you stumble on what’s going on in Texas on your own 

That game wasn't closer. Northshore up big and turns the ball over back to back and the game gets close. The Duncanville game was one play either way all game long

1 minute ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Nobody's arguing that CA has the top 2-3 in America annually. Overall, I think teams #4-20 in TX and FL may be a tad better going down the line. 

I'd like to see the games.

I think Florida is stronger usually in the 4-8 spots

Edited by Steeler01
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, 1Since71 said:

As a state like Louisiana has shown us talented individuals don’t necessarily equate to better teams

Like I said, your talent is concentrated at 2-3 schools. Your 5-10 teams aren’t great (SM, OLU, cathedral catholic) which is why they hide behind the skirts of MD and SJB. 

5 minutes ago, Steeler01 said:

That game wasn't closer. Northshore up big and turns the ball over back to back and the game gets close. The Duncanville game was one play either way all game long

Look at the final score and the full 4 quarters, NS almost lost that game, it came down to a 1st down missed conversion by Tompkins. Did you watch the game? You’re delusional if you think Tompkins didn’t have more success vs NS defense than DV. 

my point is NS didn’t run away with their schedule like the poster implied. 

Edited by Horsefly

15 minutes ago, Steeler01 said:

I watched the game. I don't need to look at anything

Well you need to go back again and watch, #10 ran all over the NS defense in the second half. DV didn’t do shit against that defense, held to ~190 yards. There were clearly better offenses NS faced than DV’s   

Edited by Horsefly

20 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

Like I said, your talent is concentrated at 2-3 schools. Your 5-10 teams aren’t great (SM, OLU, cathedral catholic) which is why they hide behind the skirts of MD and SJB. 

And SLC, Guyer,China Springs and Katy are some kind of juggernauts? It would appear these teams are hiding in Texas….for good reason I would add

6 minutes ago, 1Since71 said:

And SLC, Guyer,China Springs and Katy are some kind of juggernauts? It would appear these teams are hiding in Texas….for good reason I would add

Oh how Id love to see SLC, Guyer play the OLUs, SMs and cathedral Catholics types  

is Los alamitos still playing OOS? I sure hope so, they’ll get their butts handed to them by any worthwhile team.  Bet?    

35 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

Well you need to go back again and watch, #10 ran all over the NS defense in the second half. DV didn’t do shit against that defense, held to ~190 yards. There were clearly better offenses NS faced than DV’s   

NS- Duncanville was a 1 score game all game long.  There was never a difference of 3 scores. The only reason that game was close in the end was turnovers.  With the amount of turnovers they had vs Tompkins, they should've lost. That happens vs Duncanville they lose

Edited by Steeler01

30 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

Clearly better offenses sure,  clearly better teams hell no

14 minutes ago, 1Since71 said:

Denton Ryan,  Atascocita,  Allen,  Tompkins,  Westfield,  DeSoto,  Spring etc nothing to write home about. 

It was great that Westfield and Spring had to play Desoto and Duncanville or they would've lost to a Houston team in the playoffs. Which would cause delusional fanboys to prop them up as something they weren't

• Like 1

Just now, Steeler01 said:

Denton Ryan,  Atascocita,  Allen,  Tompkins,  Westfield,  DeSoto,  Spring etc nothing to write home about. 

It was great that Westfield and Spring had to play Desoto and Duncanville or they would've lost to a Houston team in the playoffs. Which would cause delusional fanboys to prop them up as something they weren't

Westfield and spring lose every year in the playoffs. Nothing new. Neither has been to a semifinal in decades. But you’d know that steeler if you actually watched the games.