Which state has the best high school football?

Best HS Football  

45 members have voted

1. 1. Which state has the best high school football?

• Florida
    • Georgia
    • Texas
    • California
    • Alabama

6 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

Westfield and spring lose every year in the playoffs. Nothing new. Neither has been to a semifinal in decades. But you’d know that steeler if you actually watched the games. 

Which has nothing to do with who the top teams in Texas are.  Brackets matter for that too.  Westfield in Lake Travis's bracket would make the Semi's annually.  Would that make them better than they currently are?

Edited by Steeler01

12 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

Oh how Id love to see SLC, Guyer play the OLUs, SMs and cathedral Catholics types  

is Los alamitos still playing OOS? I sure hope so, they’ll get their butts handed to them by any worthwhile team.  Bet?    

Scheduled to play AHP in Florida and Basha AZ.

we would like to see Texas teams play anyone but they don’t seem to be up for it 

15 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

Oh how Id love to see SLC, Guyer play the OLUs, SMs and cathedral Catholics types  

is Los alamitos still playing OOS? I sure hope so, they’ll get their butts handed to them by any worthwhile team.  Bet?    

we would like to see Texas teams play anyone but they don’t seem to be up for it 

11 minutes ago, 1Since71 said:

Allen is playing SJB, atascocita vs Liberty AZ, and DV and Desoto are finalizing OOS schedules  

I doubt if any of these teams will be preseason top 3 in Texas. But here they are with their schedules. What’s OLU, SMs, Folsom and cathedral catholic schedule like? 

Edited by Horsefly

10 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

Who else would be more competitive than Desoto and SLC in DFW? 

Teams in the last 4 years

Allen,  Guyer,  Ryan,  and Martin off the top of my head

The more you play top teams, the more possibilities of you have of having a close game. 

NS was playing Katy twice a season when Katy was in division 1. They play Westfield annually.  Duncanville plays Cedar Hill and Desoto.  Only twice have they been top Dallas teams in the last 4 years. 

Edited by Steeler01

8 minutes ago, Steeler01 said:

Teams in the last 4 years

Allen,  Guyer,  Ryan,  and Martin off the top of my head

The more you play top teams, the more possibilities of you have of having a close game. 

NS was playing Katy twice a season when Katy was in division 1. They play Westfield annually.  Duncanville plays Cedar Hill and Desoto.  Only twice have they been top Dallas teams in the last 4 years. 

Ryan is 5A

allen was last competitive in ‘18, lost to Rockwall in ‘19, trinity in ‘20 and SLC in ‘21

guyer was 6-6 in ‘18, lost to SLC in ‘19

Martin was 5-6 in ‘18 and lost to SLC in ‘20 and ‘21 

Last year Guyer would be the only team that was on par with SLC or Desoto, the rest were not.

the true assessment is that DFW is a weaker region that Houston in general  

3 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

Ryan is 5A

allen was last competitive in ‘18, lost to Rockwall in ‘19, trinity in ‘20 and SLC in ‘21

guyer was 6-6 in ‘18, lost to SLC in ‘19

Martin was 5-6 in ‘18 and lost to SLC in ‘20 and ‘21 

Last year Guyer would be the only team that was on par with SLC or Desoto, the rest were not.

the true assessment is that DFW is a weaker region that Houston in general  

You're mistaken what I said.  Duncanville doesn't play but one or maybe two top Dallas teams annually on average

In the last 4 years the teams I mentioned in a given year were top Dallas teams and Duncanville didn't play them.  NS has played a lot more top Houston teams than Duncanville has played top Dallas teams. 

Desoto- Westfield proved the bottom quote to be a lie

Edited by Steeler01

31 minutes ago, Steeler01 said:

Which has nothing to do with who the top teams in Texas are.  Brackets matter for that too.  Westfield in Lake Travis's bracket would make the Semi's annually.  Would that make them better than they currently are?

My point was Westfield loses in the playoffs regardless of who they play. In addition to losing to Desoto and Duncanville in b2b years, previous to that they’ve lost to Guyer, Longview and lufkin.  And they had a successful regular season all those years too

1 minute ago, Steeler01 said:

You're mistaken what I said.  Duncanville doesn't play but one or maybe two top Dallas teams annually on average

In the last 4 years the teams I mentioned in a given year were top Dallas teams and Duncanville didn't play them.  NS has played a lot more top Houston teams than Duncanville has played top Dallas teams. 

Desoto- Westfield proved the bottom quote to be a lie

Allen, Martin and Ryan last year weren’t going to give them a more competitive game than sLC.  

Westfield and spring aren’t all there is to Houston. 

when was the last time DFW won any 6A title steeler? 

Just now, Horsefly said:

My point was Westfield loses in the playoffs regardless of who they play. In addition to losing to Desoto and Duncanville in b2b years, previous to that they’ve lost to Guyer, Longview and lufkin.  And they had a successful regular season all those years too

Westfield the last 4 years

Lost to NS

Lost to LV(State Champ)

Lost to NS

Lost to Guyer in the Semi's

Lost to NS

Lost to Duncaville

Lost to Desoto

They're losing to the top teams from Dallas in the playoffs

1 minute ago, Horsefly said:

Allen, Martin and Ryan last year weren’t going to give them a more competitive game than sLC.  

Who said last year? In the last 4 years they've had teams to give them better games than teams they've faced. 

6 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

No, but you're claiming they're better as a region.  NS has won the big titles. Katy has won division 2 when division 1 has the heavy hitters.  Basically NS is your entire argument for "they're a better region argument of you go by titles"

Edited by Steeler01

2 minutes ago, Steeler01 said:

Who said last year? In the last 4 years they've had teams to give them better games than teams they've faced. 

Lol no they haven’t. I just went through the teams you listed and their seasons. They’ve absolutely played the best of DFW had to offer since ‘18. Hell, chill played them to within 14 in ‘20 who went on to the D2 finals.   

6 minutes ago, Steeler01 said:

No, but you're claiming they're better as a region.  NS has won the big titles. Katy has won division 2 when division 1 has the heavy hitters.  Basically NS is your entire argument for "they're a better region argument of you go by titles"

Yes and DFW won none! NS and their difficulty managing their schedule is the argument 

in ‘20 chill was a DFW top 5 team losing to Duncanville 28-14.  Who beat chill in the D2 finals and what was the score? 

who handed allen their first regular season home loss in over 11 years? 

Edited by Horsefly

44 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

Allen is playing SJB, atascocita vs Liberty AZ, and DV and Desoto are finalizing OOS schedules  

I doubt if any of these teams will be preseason top 3 in Texas. But here they are with their schedules. What’s OLU, SMs, Folsom and cathedral catholic schedule like? 

Good games for Texas for sure.

SM and Cathedral have played OOS.I believe Cathedral is playing Hamilton AZ in the honor bowl games.OLU and Folsom don’t play OOS games of any significance 

Cathedral will be playing Chandler AZ and their Texas transfer QB

Edited by 1Since71

5 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

Lol no they haven’t. I just went through the teams you listed and their seasons. They’ve absolutely played the best of DFW had to offer since ‘18. Hell, chill played them to within 14 in ‘20 who went on to the D2 finals.   

You went through each team where they lost. That's all you did. 

They haven't played the best 3 or 4 teams annually like NS does.  

2 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

Yes and DFW won none! NS and their difficulty managing their schedule is the argument 

who handed allen their first regular season home loss in over 11 years? 

Winning a title has nothing to do with whose a better region. 

Who destroyed the Houston teams that are considered Depth teams in Houston?

3 minutes ago, Steeler01 said:

Winning a title has nothing to do with whose a better region. 

Who destroyed the Houston teams that are considered Depth teams in Houston?

Yes it does matter steeler. When Katy destroyed cedar hill in ‘20, Katy entered as a 2d place district team. Chill walked through the best of DFW 

What DFW teams beat Allen at home much less by 21 points?  They’ve had 11 seasons to do it, but Houston Atascocita did it with a less than elite team.  Allen was top 5 in DFW last year  

2 minutes ago, Steeler01 said:

Using the title argument, the Austin area is as good as any

No, because Westlake has walked through the Austin area with ease. NS and Katy in title years have not walked through Houston with ease. 

I told you before that Duncanville should have had an easy title run last year because NS was young and Westlake was in the other div. 

they dog walked DFW but stumbled in the title game. That speaks to not only Duncanville but DFW in relation to the rest of Texas imo 

Edited by Horsefly

Just now, Horsefly said:

Yes it does matter steeler. When Katy destroyed cedar hill in ‘20, Katy entered as a 2d place district team. Chill walked through the best of DFW 

They were also 2nd in their district.  I like your narrative.  Carroll and Duncanville were the best in Dallas both were in division 1

So tell me how they could walk through the best from Dallas without playing the top two teams from that area. 

Just now, Horsefly said:

What DFW teams beat Allen at home much less by 21 points?  They’ve had 11 seasons to do it, but Houston Atascocita did it with a less than elite team.  Allen was top 5 in DFW last year  

When's the last time Allen played a top 2 team from Dallas at their stadium?

2 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

No, because Westlake has walked through the Austin area with ease. NS and Katy in title years have not walked through Houston with ease. 

NS walked through Houston with ease in 18-20. What playoff game was close

Edited by Steeler01