Which state has the best high school football?

Best HS Football  

45 members have voted

1. 1. Which state has the best high school football?

• Florida
    • Georgia
    • Texas
    • California
    • Alabama

2 minutes ago, pied said:

To be fair, that’s like saying competition in the LA area is stiffer than other parts of the state. In 6A you have DFW/Houston and then competition is pretty light. 

Need to add, because of growth, DFW and GHA take up most the state these days too lol. 

I’m comparing DFW to GHA. the competition in DFW is not as stiff. Who was competitive with SLC (Heath was close, thats about it)  and Duncanville? 

now compare that with Katy and NS 

5 minutes ago, pied said:

Top teams in DFW Guyer, Duncanville,  SLC, Allen, Heath.  Those marched up pretty well against GHA teams imo. How did Atasocita fare against theor DFW competition?

You want to say that GHA > DFW , fine but let’s not get carried away. 

Cita went 1-1 on the road vs DFW.  

allen got blown out by their only GHA Comp last year … at home

Heath was beat soundly by a 4th place Tomball team.  

DFW top team Duncanville is 0-3 vs top GHA north shore 

There’s nothing to get carried away with, my simple opinion is GHA>DFW.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Horsefly said:

Cita went 1-1 on the road vs DFW.  

allen got blown out by their only GHA Comp last year … at home

Heath was beat soundly by a 4th place Tomball team.  

DFW top team Duncanville is 0-3 vs top GHA north shore 

There’s nothing to get carried away with, my simple opinion is GHA>DFW.

Also, in 6A there seems to be a much more deeper field of competitive teams in GHA than DFW. 
After the top ten in DFW, you’ll see a slight drop off. Houston’s list of competitive teams spans a little more. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, alsime1 said:

No OH football in that poll?  Embarrassing.  Still in Top 5 and def above Alabama.

This isn't the 80s, S! Recent OOS scores involving OH:

Bergen Catholic NJ 42   Hoban 7

IMG FL 58     LaSalle 7

Cathedral IN  35    LaSalle  7

Trinity KY 33    X  32

MLK MI 39    Moe 29

Clarkson North CAN 41    Iggy 40

#reggid

I'm analytical a strong Underwriting background.  In order to truly answer this analytics would need to be involved.  Categories added and then weighed.  Otherwise These answers will always be biased and homerism. 

For instance. This is just an example. 

1. Whose beaten another's State Champ

2.  Margin of victories among elite matchups

3.  Number recruits each year to DI.  This is only HS Seniors.

4. How did team's navigate in State after OOS game

5.  Games played at home vs. Away

6. Final Rankings over a certain period

7.  Minimum of 3 top 15 must play OOS in same year

Edited by Devildog
  • Like 1

On 2/26/2022 at 8:04 AM, Horsefly said:

He said nothing more than what I did in saying the competition in the Houston area seems stiffer than other parts of the state. 

The script has flipped in Texas. A decade ago the power seemed to be concentrated in the D-FW metroplex. Allen, SLC, Euless-Trinity. What happened?

On 2/26/2022 at 8:04 AM, Horsefly said:

He said nothing more than what I did in saying the competition in the Houston area seems stiffer than other parts of the state. 

Edited by JCGIII
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, JCGIII said:

The script has flipped in Texas. A decade ago the power seemed to be concentrated in the D-FW metroplex. Allen, SLC, Euless-Trinity. What happened?

Coaching changes, all those team you mentioned lost Dodge, lineweaver and Westerberg not to mention Joey McGuire at chill. 

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/25/2022 at 6:52 PM, Steeler01 said:

That's always your line.  How many times did we hear that Duncanville would go toe to toe with Mater Dei with no problem from you?

I believe the DV team that beat SJC would have given MD better game. 
nor do I believe at the end of last year that MD was 45-3 better than DV.

20 hours ago, Texasball said:

I believe the DV team that beat SJC would have given MD better game. 
nor do I believe at the end of last year that MD was 45-3 better than DV.

That DV team was a little better on offense but not as good on defense. That MD team would've scored at will on Duncanville

• 3 weeks later...

The votes are in and the vast majority say Texas and California have the best high school football.  According to the poll, Texas edges out Cali while Georgia and Florida are considerably farther behind taking in the 3rd and 4th spots.

Honestly, I think from top to bottom, Georgia has the best overall football considering all the classes together while Texas and Cali have the best elite teams.

58 minutes ago, Staff Admin said:

The votes are in and the vast majority say Texas and California have the best high school football.  According to the poll, Texas edges out Cali while Georgia and Florida are considerably farther behind taking in the 3rd and 4th spots.

Honestly, I think from top to bottom, Georgia has the best overall football considering all the classes together while Texas and Cali have the best elite teams.

The CA and FL elites are 27+ points better than the TX elites. These games have already been played out on the field. 

35 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

The CA and FL elites are 27+ points better than the TX elites. These games have already been played out on the field. 

That’s not true, the texas elite has not played in these games.  

there’s a good argument IMG is the best in Fla, MD definitely is in CA.  DV has never finished the best in Texas 

Edited by Horsefly

7 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

That’s not true, the texas elite has not played in these games.  

there’s a good argument IMG is the best in Fla, MD definitely is in CA.  DV has never finished the best in Texas 

Have any of those other TX elites beaten DV that bad of late? IMO teams like NS and WL are still a good 3 TDs behind the CA and FL elites. 

20 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Have any of those other TX elites beaten DV that bad of late? IMO teams like NS and WL are still a good 3 TDs behind the CA and FL elites. 

NS has beaten them every time it has mattered. You think the stakes are the same in a predistrict game than a state championship?

basing overall state quality one the top teams is like me saying Austin area football is the best in Texas because WL is the best in the state 

hold off on the chest thumping we’ll see what Cali has when a potential preseason top 10 candidate in LA plays AHP.  And we’ll get a better read on TX with their more comprehensive slate of games too. 

Edited by Horsefly

29 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Also, how are you going to evaluate all of Fla, a state you stated yourself, runs amok with transfers, to TX, which has less liberal policies?  Do you think there is an adv to stacking the deck on rosters? 

1 minute ago, Horsefly said:

Also, how are you going to evaluate all of Fla, a state you stated yourself, runs amok with transfers, to TX, which has less liberal policies?  Do you think there is an adv to stacking the deck on rosters? 

Transfers effect every state in America. Plus, TX utilizes open enrollment, which is the great equalizer in this respect.  

• Like 1