2022 Trinity League vs The USA event

6 minutes ago, Steeler01 said:

Servite was a top 5 team last year.  Before that when? 

The teams we're bringing up from Texas are regularly top 5 teams and multiple state champs. 

Katy

NS

Westlake

And I’m bringing up Cali and your state powers. MV, Cen10 are consistent top 10 and aren’t anywhere OOS.

Everyone knew Servite was going to have a good ‘22 class and they didn’t do crap with it OOS. 

Edited by Horsefly

32 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

Is Cen10 or mission viejo loading up this season OOS? 

OH BOY. Do not count on Mission Viejo scheduling any OOS powers any time soon. The last time they played a quality OOS opponent was in 2013 against Don Bosco Prep. They also played them in 2011. They did have Archbishop Moeller in 2007 and have played Baldwin from Hawaii a bunch of times. Don't know much about them though. 

Corona Centennial's OOS resume looks a little better. Folsom has played nobody except for some random Idaho school.

Long Beach Poly has played like 4 OOS teams since 2000. They were all good opponents. 

1 minute ago, Horsefly said:

And I’m bringing up Cali and your state powers. MV, Servite, Cen10 are consistent top 10 and aren’t anywhere OOS.  Everyone knew Servite was going to have a good ‘22 class and they didn’t do crap with it OOS. 

Who knows what happened with them after the covid season. I like how you moved it to top 10 powers now.  You're comparing teams that lose instate outside of Centennial to NS, Katy and Westlake.  All top 5 teams and multiple time Champs since 2015 in Texas

Just now, WILKINSON said:

OH BOY. Do not count on Mission Viejo scheduling any OOS powers any time soon. The last time they played a quality OOS opponent was in 2013 against Don Bosco Prep. They also played them in 2011. They did have Archbishop Moeller in 2007 and have played Baldwin from Hawaii a bunch of times. Don't know much about them though. 

Corona Centennial's OOS resume looks a little better. Folsom has played nobody except for some random Idaho school.

Long Beach Poly has played like 4 OOS teams since 2000. They were all good opponents. 

Mission Viejo doesn't even schedule top 10 teams in Cali cause they lose them all.

Poly hasn't been a top team in Cali in awhile now

Centennial is a top team and they've played Chandler,  Gorman,  IMG etc

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Steeler01 said:

Who knows what happened with them after the covid season. I like how you moved it to top 10 powers now.  You're comparing teams that lose instate outside of Centennial to NS, Katy and Westlake.  All top 5 teams and multiple time Champs since 2015 in Texas

Who in Cali is scheduling top OOS games this year besides MD and SJB?  

Who knows,  but those are the two alphas. Like NS, Westlake(the last couple of years)and Katy.  The difference is those teams stay in their sandbox

😂 SJB has never played SFA, haven’t played STA in years, and they’ve banned IMG completely.  Give me a break steeler. Negro has assembled his version of an all star team and he avoids other power privates.  Pure comedy 

Edited by Horsefly

2 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

😂 SJB has never played SFA, haven’t played STA in years, and they’ve taken IMG off the schedule completely.  Give me a break steeler. Negro has assembled his version of an all star team and he avoids other power privates.  Pure comedy 

Who cares but he has played OOS champions(Xavier,  Gorman, Aquinas).  He's traveling to your state this year.  NS has played absolutely nobody.  Katy refuses too. When's the last time NS, Westlake or Katy played SFA or IMG?

Edited by Steeler01
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Steeler01 said:

Mission Viejo doesn't even schedule top 10 teams in Cali cause they lose them all.

Poly hasn't been a top team in Cali in awhile now

Centennial is a top team and they've played Chandler,  Gorman,  IMG etc

I grew up really liking Mission Viejo when I lived in California. I had a cousin who played for them - my family and I would always go to his games. Them along with Corona Centennial were teams I would always follow. Sucks that most of the elite athletes go to privates but you can't blame them. That's the landscape in CA now. Times are different.

And the reason why I brought them up was because those have been some of the most dominant publics that Cali has had to offer. Several teams have made strides here and there but that success wouldn't last. They plateaued. 

I would REALLY want one day see Corona Centennial face a top Texas team. That would be fun. 

• Like 1

I grew up really liking Mission Viejo when I lived in California. I had a cousin who played for them - my family and I would always go to his games. Them along with Corona Centennial were teams I would always follow. Sucks that most of the elite athletes go to privates but you can't blame them. That's the landscape in CA now. Times are different.

And the reason why I brought them up was because those have been some of the most dominant publics that Cali has had to offer. Several teams have made strides here and there but that success wouldn't last. They plateaued. 

I would REALLY want one day see Corona Centennial face a top Texas team. That would be fun. 

So you started following them in 2001 when Dubois was the HB

Who cares but he has played OOS champions(Xavier).  He's traveling to your state this year.  NS has played absolutely nobody.  Katy refuses too. When's the last time NS, Westlake or Katy played SFA or IMG?

Once again, analyze your own state.  
 SJB hasn’t played either team either.  Gtfoh! 

Edited by Horsefly

5 minutes ago, Steeler01 said:

Who knows,  but those are the two alphas. Like NS, Westlake(the last couple of years)and Katy.  The difference is those teams stay in their sandbox

Trust me, it's very irritating going year after year and not seeing at least one decent OOS team in Katy's, North Shore's, or Westlake's schedule. Shoot, play East St. Louis or Thompson at least. Something. 

I feel like most Texans prefer their little sandbox because of the stigma around the private elites, but there's that small amount of us who enjoy the national stage.

• Like 1

Trust me, it's very irritating going year after year and not seeing at least one decent OOS team in Katy's, North Shore's, or Westlake's schedule. Shoot, play East St. Louis or Thompson at least. Something. 

I feel like most Texans prefer their little sandbox because of the stigma around the private elites, but there's that small amount of us who enjoy the national stage.

But they don't pay attention to the huge advantages their publics have over other states publics. Every state plays by their own association rules.

If Cali did the Texas way, Mission would have no Tesoro,  and Trabuco Hills to contend with

2 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

Once again, analyze your own state.  
 SJB hasn’t played either team.  Gtfoh! 

Who cares.  All you do is deflect to who SJB hasn't played.  I'm sure SJB is more than willing to play Katy or NS. I'll leave Westlake out for the time being

Katy played Bellevue (WA) in 2009 and beat them, Bellevue went to to win their 7th state title that year. 

Westlake played Niceville (FL) in 2017. Could've chosen a better FL team tbh. Aside from that it's been very ho-hum in terms of OOS games. Can't hurt to host an out of state team that's willing to come to your city and play you. 

Euless Trinity and Allen's resume ain't too shabby either. 

Just now, Steeler01 said:

Who cares.  All you do is deflect to who SJB hasn't played.  I'm sure SJB is more than willing to play Katy or NS. I'll leave Westlake out for the time being

Nobody is deflecting crap. Sammy made a comment and I put it in perspective with Cali teams. 

I want to see SJB play SFA and IMG.  It really is as simple as that. Never mind your top publics, like MV, they won’t do it

Just now, Horsefly said:

Nobody is deflecting crap. Sammy made a comment and I put it in perspective with Cali teams. 

I want to see SJB play SFA and IMG.  It really is as simple as that. Never mind your top publics, like MV, they won’t do it

Who you want to see them play is fine,  but I also want to see NS play MD/SJB or Aquinas

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Steeler01 said:

St. John Bosco has had some real good teams in recent years. Look at 2019 for example. They played 5 great teams from OOS. '14, '16, '17 also some good years with good teams. I think only De La Salle's OOS resume looks better. Mater Dei is quickly catching up.

Edited by WILKINSON
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Steeler01 said:

Who you want to see them play is fine,  but I also want to see NS play MD/SJB or Aquinas

The SFAs and IMGs is who they should play! Lol.  

MD/SJB have gotten a large % of  top talent in Cali for years. They should play teams that reload annually like them. they want to be national private school powers but avoid playing other private power schools (SJB only).  Make that make sense steeler. 

Every year we should have STA, MD, SJB, IMG and SFA playing each other. That’s 3-4 games for each. 

Edited by Horsefly

For sure DFW has more balls than Houston when it comes to playing OOS games. Almost the entirety of the marquee inter-state games have been from DFW teams. I'm sure since some DFW coaches have seen their contingent schedule OOS games they follow suit. Samples is a prime example. He did it when he was at Dallas Skyline. They had St. Thomas Aquinas, Cocoa, Memphis Ridgeway (TN) and Glades Central (FL). Good exposure for the kids.

• Like 1

Here's to hoping that more and more Texas teams follow suit and start scheduling inter-state games against quality teams. This era of modern football should be fun. There was some real good matchups in the early 2000s but can't stay stuck on those times forever. I understand it would be tough for a staff to come up with the means to travel somewhere but it's been done before by other publics around the country. Chandler does it, Miami Central, Lone Peak, etc.

Orlando Jones is traveling to Texas AND to Maryland this year. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, WILKINSON said:

Here's to hoping that more and more Texas teams follow suit and start scheduling inter-state games against quality teams. This era of modern football should be fun. There was some real good matchups in the early 2000s but can't stay stuck on those times forever. I understand it would be tough for a staff to come up with the means to travel somewhere but it's been done before by other publics around the country. Chandler does it, Miami Central, Lone Peak, etc.

Orlando Jones is traveling to Texas AND to Maryland this year. 

It’s always the Desoto, DV types playing these type of OOS games. You may see SOC join in if they continue their success. But I don’t expect it to catch on much if it hasn’t already esp with GHA schools. 

private schools may pick up playing more too, there are a few trying to build solid rosters (parish episcopal) but they need to be consistent. It seems as soon as they pick up traction they lose ground 

Edited by Horsefly
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

It’s always the Desoto, DV types playing these type of OOS games. You may see SOC join in if they continue their success. But I don’t expect it to catch on much if it hasn’t already esp with GHA schools. 

private schools may pick up playing more too, there are a few trying to build solid rosters (parish episcopal) but they need to be consistent. It seems as soon as they pick up traction they lose ground 

Interested in seeing if Donnie Yantis does any OOS scheduling now that he's at Prestonwood Christian. That school has plenty of resources. Maybe he'll draw some talent from the surrounding areas like Addison, Carrollton, or Plano. 

When he was at Valor Christian he had them play two decent private schools from CA and WA. Not so much at Paradise Valley, though.

Maybe Nolan Catholic, Argyle Liberty or All-Saints have something in the works for this year. 

• Like 1

I guess this also means that we'll be seeing Allen, Duncanville, and DeSoto schedule another OOS team for 2023, assuming that they don't fill that week with another Texas team.

I have a feeling Atascocita will get a TX team for Week 3 next year. Forgot why they had to fill in with a Nevada team but it wasn't their first choice. I think something didn't workout and there was no other team that had a week 3 opening.