2022 Trinity League vs The USA event

11 minutes ago, WILKINSON said:

Interested in seeing if Donnie Yantis does any OOS scheduling now that he's at Prestonwood Christian. That school has plenty of resources. Maybe he'll draw some talent from the surrounding areas like Addison, Carrollton, or Plano. 

When he was at Valor Christian he had them play two decent private schools from CA and WA. Not so much at Paradise Valley, though.

Maybe Nolan Catholic, Argyle Liberty or All-Saints have something in the works for this year. 

They have to either want to be a state power or go national. That’s the only way I see them attracting the better talent.  

parish episcopal plays SOC this year so that’s a start 

Edited by Horsefly

9 minutes ago, WILKINSON said:

I guess this also means that we'll be seeing Allen, Duncanville, and DeSoto schedule another OOS team for 2023, assuming that they don't fill that week with another Texas team.

I have a feeling Atascocita will get a TX team for Week 3 next year. Forgot why they had to fill in with a Nevada team but it wasn't their first choice. I think something didn't workout and there was no other team that had a week 3 opening. 

Cita vs Duncanville fell through that’s why they scheduled OOS for week 3. They may try again in ‘23. 

id bet that Allen, DV and Desoto play OOS again next year.  They should have better teams in ‘23 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

They have to one to either want be a state power or go national. That’s the only way I see them attracting the better talent.  

parish episcopal plays SOC this year so that’s a start 

That's gonna be fun. Parish Episcopal also played Austin LBJ last year, lost 44-42. LBJ has been real fun to watch these past few years. Cornerstone Christian had Carthage, Austin LBJ, Frisco Lone Star, Calallen in 2021. 

Sorry guys! This turned into a *bam* Texas thread. Back to TL vs USA.

Edited by WILKINSON
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, WILKINSON said:

Here's to hoping that more and more Texas teams follow suit and start scheduling inter-state games against quality teams. This era of modern football should be fun. There was some real good matchups in the early 2000s but can't stay stuck on those times forever. I understand it would be tough for a staff to come up with the means to travel somewhere but it's been done before by other publics around the country. Chandler does it, Miami Central, Lone Peak, etc.

Orlando Jones is traveling to Texas AND to Maryland this year. 

Kudos to Allen too for scheduling the best. And can’t leave out Cita. 

12 hours ago, WILKINSON said:

For sure DFW has more balls than Houston when it comes to playing OOS games. Almost the entirety of the marquee inter-state games have been from DFW teams. I'm sure since some DFW coaches have seen their contingent schedule OOS games they follow suit. Samples is a prime example. He did it when he was at Dallas Skyline. They had St. Thomas Aquinas, Cocoa, Memphis Ridgeway (TN) and Glades Central (FL). Good exposure for the kids.

Good post.   We can't lump all of Texas teams together.  The DFW schools are definitely challenging themselves more with OOS powers.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, WILKINSON said:

Here's to hoping that more and more Texas teams follow suit and start scheduling inter-state games against quality teams. This era of modern football should be fun. There was some real good matchups in the early 2000s but can't stay stuck on those times forever. I understand it would be tough for a staff to come up with the means to travel somewhere but it's been done before by other publics around the country. Chandler does it, Miami Central, Lone Peak, etc.

Orlando Jones is traveling to Texas AND to Maryland this year. 

Which team is Orlando Jones playing in Maryland?

14 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

They're not. I tried to get them together with Dematha, but the funding wasn't there. 

Oh would’ve been an interesting matchup. Was it Orlando Jones didn’t have the funding to come down to Maryland? 

Edited by Stevenfrmdab

16 hours ago, WILKINSON said:

Interested in seeing if Donnie Yantis does any OOS scheduling now that he's at Prestonwood Christian. That school has plenty of resources. Maybe he'll draw some talent from the surrounding areas like Addison, Carrollton, or Plano. 

When he was at Valor Christian he had them play two decent private schools from CA and WA. Not so much at Paradise Valley, though.

Maybe Nolan Catholic, Argyle Liberty or All-Saints have something in the works for this year. 

Cornerstone is traveling to Nashville to take on Brentwood Academy. That could be an interesting game. Not sure how good Cornerstone will be this year? 

6 minutes ago, Texasball said:
On 3/4/2022 at 12:55 PM, 1Since71 said:

Again, I quoted TB desire to play privates he obviously feels Texas can beat after all his bitching about privates.So the conclusion would be it’s not the playing privates that bothers him it’s the ass kickings 

Expand  

That’s not my point.  The truth is there is only hand full of privates that have truly taken their level play to super elite by recruiting 

IMG, MD, SJB, SFA, BG

(STA FL) has been elite the longest

and guess what state has now scheduled all of them?  

It hasn’t been that long ago that DLS was the king of California- yet they got beat in nearly every oOs game they played on their way to winning California.

My point - don’t just set us up with super recruited private schools.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Texasball said:

That’s not my point.  The truth is there is only hand full of privates that have truly taken their level play to super elite by recruiting 

IMG, MD, SJB, SFA, BG

(STA FL) has been elite the longest

and guess what state has now scheduled all of them?  

It hasn’t been that long ago that DLS was the king of California- yet they got beat in nearly every oOs game they played on their way to winning California.

My point - don’t just set us up with super recruited private schools.

NJ has played IMG, MD, SJB, SFA, BG and STA. Three wins total vs BG and STA x2. 

• Like 2

I am hopeful that that more and more Texas schools except oOs games moving forward.  Being one that is around HS coaches across multiple states I do my part to promote.

you got 4 Texas 6A’S with games this year.  I wished we played 20 significant big boy football games each year!

I would like to see all the elites come back too.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Texasball said:

I am hopeful that that more and more Texas schools except oOs games moving forward.  Being one that is around HS coaches across multiple states I do my part to promote.

you got 4 Texas 6A’S with games this year.  I wished we played 20 significant big boy football games each year!

Now that's the spirit!   I am pretty sure that Texas will get their share of wins in the marquee games provided that the D-1 Top Dogs (Semi finalists in both divisions) get involved.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Texasball said:

I would like to see Euless Trinity get back on the national stage and start scheduling OOS with Lineweaver at the helm. Would be great to have Cedar Hill be a perennial power again and make deep playoff strides, even though they had a very successful year in 2020 before getting smashed in the mouth by Katy in the finals.

We need a resurgence of the elites. I feel like sometimes the state is growing too fast and too many new schools have to be opened, pulling from a talent pool that an established program feeds from, thus watering that talent pool down.