2022 Trinity League vs The USA event

38 minutes ago, 1Since71 said:

So what you really want is someone you feel you can beat and not because they are private schools.

No, that’s St. John Bosco. Duncanville wouldn’t be scheduling IMG Academy, Mater Dei, etc if they didn’t want a challenge. 

Shoot, even DeSoto has St. Frances Academy on their schedule. SJB and MD need to really play against the best.

Edited by WILKINSON
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

You can’t be serious with this post. Has SJB ever played IMG even before the Cali ban? They’ve never played SFA and it’s been about 5 years or so since they’ve played STA.  Those are all the top privates except MD that they’ve avoided scheduling 

MD has never played STA.  Why? There’s no reason not to round Robin scheduling these top privates. 

Even Corona Centennial has played IMG Academy, twice. Kudos to them.

Servite has played Bishop Gorman like 100 times and their record is very lopsided, in favor of BG. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Horsefly said:

You can’t be serious with this post. Has SJB ever played IMG even before the Cali ban? They’ve never played SFA and it’s been about 5 years or so since they’ve played STA.  Those are all the top privates except MD that they’ve avoided scheduling 

MD has never played STA.  Why? There’s no reason not to round Robin scheduling these top privates. 

What SJB has to do with what TB posted is beyond me.I specifically quoted his wish to play privates that he obviously feels Texas can beat after all his bitching about privates.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, WILKINSON said:

No, that’s St. John Bosco. Duncanville wouldn’t be scheduling IMG Academy, Mater Dei, etc if they didn’t want a challenge. 

Shoot, even DeSoto has St. Frances Academy on their schedule. SJB and MD need to really play against the best.

Again, I quoted TB desire to play privates he obviously feels Texas can beat after all his bitching about privates.So the conclusion would be it’s not the playing privates that bothers him it’s the ass kickings 

50 minutes ago, 1Since71 said:

What SJB has to do with what TB posted is beyond me.I specifically quoted his wish to play privates that he obviously feels Texas can beat after all his bitching about privates.

My point is you Cali guys shouldn’t critique anything anyone says about competition b/c your top teams don’t schedule elite privates either. 

2 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

My point is you Cali guys shouldn’t critique anything anyone says about competition b/c your top teams don’t schedule elite privates either. 

I’m not critical of who Texas plays they obviously challenge the best.
I’m critical of TB hypocrisy 

Always complaining about privates and then hand picking some privates he thinks Texas could beat.My question would be why? If he believes all privates are evil.

54 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

MD has scheduled IMG, Gorman, SFA and SJC in recent years. I would say that those teams qualify as ‘elite privates’. 

• Like 1

Just now, Bodysurf said:

MD has scheduled IMG, Gorman, SFA and SJC in recent years. I would say that those teams qualify as ‘elite privates’. 

👇🏽

3 hours ago, Horsefly said:

4 hours ago, Texasball said:

lol - easy to say in any state when the opposition has been

IMG

MD

with SFA and SJB coming.

Every Jackass team coming here is super recruited!!!!

Why don’t you get these NJ privates, Ohio privates, other California privates to challenge themselves?

I am your friend- but I believe you would rather make Texas look bad than to set up best games.

Recruited up privates can win in Texas 100 times and I will never be impressed with them - They win simply because they recruit!!!

Stop being so defensive! What about Archbishop Stepinac NY, Life Christian VA. Liberty NV and Jones FL. You conveniently left them out of your analysis. I’ve given TX every oppty to prove themselves. And I’m committed to continuing to do such. 

8 hours ago, Horsefly said:

Didn’t SJB have SFA on schedule and it was canceled due to Covid?

26 minutes ago, NorCal said:

Didn’t SJB have SFA on schedule and it was canceled due to Covid?

Can’t speak on SJB, but in 2020 Duncanville was supposed to play St. Frances Academy but that was cancelled due to covid. So instead, they added IMG Academy to their schedule. 

That same year, Duncanville was also slated to play St. Thomas Aquinas. 
North Shore was supposed to play De La Salle.

And St. Joseph’s Prep was gonna go down to Houston to play Shadow Creek. 

Edited by WILKINSON
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, WILKINSON said:

Can’t speak on SJB, but Duncanville was supposed to play St. Frances Academy but that was cancelled due to covid. So instead, they added IMG Academy to their schedule. 

In 2020, Duncanville was also slated to play St. Thomas Aquinas. 

This was going to be good.

54 minutes ago, WILKINSON said:

Can’t speak on SJB, but in 2020 Duncanville was supposed to play St. Frances Academy but that was cancelled due to covid. So instead, they added IMG Academy to their schedule. 

That same year, Duncanville was also slated to play St. Thomas Aquinas. 

I like the Duncanville coach and philosophy of not being scared to schedule tough OOS games.  Would like to see more Texas Top dogs follow suit.  This is the first year of their 2 year contracts so there should be openings for North Shore, Katy, Guyer, and the other team that ended up being ranked #2 behind the Stache

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Sammy Swordsman said:

I like the Duncanville coach and philosophy of not being scared to schedule tough OOS games.  Would like to see more Texas Top dogs follow suit.  This is the first year of their 2 year contracts so there should be openings for North Shore, Katy, Guyer, and the other team that ended up being ranked #2 behind the Stache

There won’t be openings until ‘24

25 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

Is Cen10 or mission viejo loading up this season OOS? 

No,  but they have played the games. Who has Northshore played? A scheduled game against DLS in 2020 is hardly earth- shattering. The premier team in Texas is being compared to Mission Viejo. 

Edited by Steeler01
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, Steeler01 said:

No,  but they have played the games. Who has Northshore played? A scheduled game against DLS in 2020 is hardly earth shattering

I don’t give a shit what Cen10 did years ago, I’m talking this season since you all are always flapping your gums.  Cen10 and MV aren’t scheduling OOS heavy hitters… THIS SEASON! 

a matter of fact, what have your public schools done the past year noteworthy wise in OOS scheduling? 

Edited by Horsefly

Just now, Horsefly said:

I don’t give a shit what Cen10 did years ago, I’m talking this season since you all are always flapping your gums.  Cen10 and MV aren’t scheduling OOS heavy hitters… THIS SEASON! 

You don't give a shit cause it doesn't fit your bs narrative. 

Why would Mission Viejo schedule an OOS power when they're not a power? Let me know the last time Mission Viejo finished top 5 in the state of Cali.  Now compare that to NorthShore and Katy

37 minutes ago, Sammy Swordsman said:

The majority of the big games come from the teams from the same district

Cedar Hill

Duncanville

Desoto

Maybe the kids from that area like those games and the coaches are trying to entice the kids to come to their schools by playing these teams

6 minutes ago, Steeler01 said:

You don't give a shit cause it doesn't fit your bs narrative. 

Why would Mission Viejo schedule an OOS power when they're not a power? Let me know the last time Mission Viejo finished top 5 in the state of Cali.  Now compare that to NorthShore and Katy

then what the hell has Servite done then? Who have they scheduled the last two season? 

MV finished 6th last season, also in 2019.  A top 10 team and #2 public school 

Edited by Horsefly

2 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

then what the hell has Servite done then? Who have they scheduled the last two season? 

Servite was a top 5 team last year.  Before that when? 

The teams we're bringing up from Texas are regularly top 5 teams and multiple state champs. 

Katy

NS

Westlake