Orlando Jones FL at DV on 9/3

3 minutes ago, pied said:

Totally makes sense, I guess.  We're discussing preseason expectations of North Shore and you predicted them or Katy to make it.  Lets not discuss that, because it makes your posts look dopey.

NOW, on the other hand, DCTF predicted Katy to go over North Shore, on their website with nothing to do with what started this conversation in this thread, BUT you'll cite that several times because????

(we all know the reasons though :))

what transpired during the early part of the season didn’t match what I though preseason (polls agreed). After Bailey got on board and he was successful it matched for me. (Polls agreed) I’ve cited your sources too, HSFBA and Houston chronicle … the season rankings drop .  Smh 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, pied said:

And they disagreed (slightly) with your preseason prediction.

Why are you so reluctant to own the prediction.  EVERYONE knows preseason picks can change, with injuries/chemistry/whatever.  That's one reason, you're likely to make more money on a preseason bet than you would one later in the season.

You should be PROUD of it, not shying away imo.

The most unique thing about NS this season is the major personnel changes kay made to get them there. You cheapen the hell out of that accomplishment by simply saying the outcome matches the preseason prediction and ignore what happened in the middle. In my book he overcame a lot! More than in his other seasons.   I’m the only one that brought that out.  

Edited by Horsefly

Just now, pied said:

I'd say rebuilding the offense compared to the previous few years.

Question for you.  You of course understood that going into the season.  Why were you so confident in them despite those(and other) issues?

Great pick by the way.  Clearly you were ahead of the pack.  🙂

I thought they’d settle on a permanent QB sooner. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, pied said:

You're mistaken and I apologize for any confusion.  Not meaning to cheapen anything at all!

I'm tying to give you credit for your ability to understand the challenges beforehand and have the insight and guts to predict they would be one of two teams(not being able to determine if them or Katy would advance) in the state title game.

WELL DONE!

This thread was me coming to the defense of Texas coaches by a poster who questioned all Texas coaches. I highlighted the accomplishments of NS, Westlake and Katy…and there it went 

steeler doesn’t think kay had any challenges and could have easily navigated his course without the changes.  That’s who  I’ve been arguing against in these forums  the past decade.  Lol 

3 minutes ago, Steeler01 said:

I don't think the depth is as grandiose as you and some of your brethren paint

Like I said, I already know what you think.  Lol. That’s why you think Kay could easily navigate the playoffs without Bailey. I think otherwise 

You don’t respect their competition (depth)

Edited by Horsefly

1 hour ago, Horsefly said:

Like I said, I already know what you think.  Lol. That’s why you think Kay could easily navigate the playoffs without Bailey. I think otherwise 

You don’t respect their competition (depth)

Apparently you don't either aside from Katy. Your preseason prediction says it all. 

Who comes out of region 3 in 2022? You get two choices

Edited by Steeler01

32 minutes ago, Steeler01 said:

Apparently you don't either aside from Katy. Your preseason prediction says it all. 

Who comes out of region 3 in 2022? You get two choices

No I respect them, I don’t call their best competition “scrubs”. I don’t dismiss an entire class (4A) and call them “garbage”. That would be you.  

Edited by Horsefly

4 minutes ago, pied said:

Why are you asking me?  Ask @Horsefly who had them as one of two teams in the title game.  🤷‍♂️

He also had them ranked 5th, WAYYYY back in March.

[QUOTE=jbell73986;n595595]Hopefully spring practices are tracking in schedule, but what is your top 10 heading into spring?

1. SLC - return a lot off state title run. All starts with a healthy Ewers
2. Katy - return several key players on both sides of the ball to include SC QB
3. WL - key pieces on offense, QB, WR and OL. Reload on D, but have an excellent DC to put pieces together. Early game with ET will be entertaining.
4. NS - return a lot on D which should be very good. key will be replacing Davis at QB
5. DV - loaded once again, talent all over the field. Like NS, key will be finding a QB
6. ET - return a lot on O, big OL and Ollie at RB. Key will be D and getting back to dominating performance
7. Allen - return a lot on OL, DL. Key will be finding skill players on O to replace the Green twins
8. woodlands- a ton of potential with budding QB superstar and big OL.
9. LT - pedigree and returning QB and Johnson on D
10. Rockwall - starts with Locke, finding pieces around him [/QUOTE]

this is a prespring ranking not a prediction for the playoffs.

I’ve questioned their weak spot, laid out why I dropped them in season, and why they regrouped imo. 

Edited by Horsefly

14 minutes ago, SeaShells21 said:

With the possibility of Katy and Westlake being in their path, with how successful they were last season

That's essentially it. They didn't have to go through those teams.  Easy peasy road. If you tell me today,  that NS or Katy don't have to play each other and don't have to play Westlake in the Semi's I'll tell you they'll be in the finals.  Today.  I'll bet any amount on that

I would do the same thing last year

Edited by Steeler01

22 minutes ago, pied said:

yes, and you acknowledged the QB issue and still thought highly enough about them to rank them #5 and then compete with Katy for the title spot.

If you were so down on them, why the high ranking and wayyy early playoff prediction?

I wasn’t down on them until after the season started. I asked this yesterday, where did I say I was down on them at the beginning of the season in this thread? 

After this,  leave me out of this thread. The questions, redirects and answers are too repetitive. Carry on with seashells 

Edited by Horsefly
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, SeaShells21 said:

There are always a large amount of non-powers and city powers who are more than capable of upsetting the state powers ☺️

I made a post about this on the other site.

Really, and when is the last time these non- powers upset NS and Katy

Edited by Steeler01

2 minutes ago, Steeler01 said:

Really, and when is the last time these non- powers upset NS and Katy

2016. Since 2015 It's happened one time. 

That's a 14 percent chance

If you want to go prior to 2021 it's 16 a percent chance. I'll bet on those odds all day long

9 minutes ago, SeaShells21 said:

First, what is your idea of an upset?

Mine is any loss to a non-statepower. In this case, I will show you upsets and close wins (10 points or less) of both teams over the past decade:

North Shore:

L Westfield - 27 - 21

W Tompkins - 26 - 20

W Klein Collins - 30 - 23

L Westfield 37 - 20

L Manvel - 24 - 21

L Atascocita - 38 - 21

L Manvel - 26 - 13

W Atascocita - 31 - 21

W Dickinson - 17 - 7

L Atascocita - 33 - 27

L Manvel - 43 - 40

L Westfield - 31 - 28

L Euless Trinity - 42 - 32

W Cy-Falls - 28 - 21

W Judson - 23 - 17

W Houston Memorial - 41 - 35

L Manvel - 42 - 17

L Westfield - 36 - 27

L Channelview - 49 - 48

W La Porte 19 - 18

L Cy-Ranch 31 - 27

W Manvel 24 - 20

L Cy-Fair 9 - 7

W Port Arthur Memorial 31 - 24

L La Porte 27 - 10

W Deer Park 14 - 7

W Alief Elsik 17 - 10

L Houston Lamar 28 - 7

Katy:

W Seven Lakes - 17 - 12

L Cedar Hill - 34 - 24

L The Woodlands - 24 - 7

W Steele - 27 - 20 (OT)

L Cedar Hill - 23 - 20

W The Woodlands - 14 - 7

W Klein Collins - 50 - 49 (2OT)

L The Woodlands - 26 - 3

W The Woodlands - 24 - 21

W Atascocita - 31 - 28

W Tompkins - 35 - 30

W Ridge Point 35 - 28

L Tompkins 24 - 19

W Dickinson 28 - 21

W The Woodlands - 21 - 14

W Summer Creek - 34 - 31

Upset, a team not expected to win. How many times has that happened to Katy or NS in the playoffs since Kay or Joseph have been coaching at their schools

8 minutes ago, SeaShells21 said:

Katy:

Clear Lake 2004 - (35-34)

Cy-Falls 2006 - (28-21)

Pearland 2010 - (38-35)

La Porte 2011 - (9-7)

Cedar Hill 2013 - (34-24)

Cedar Hill 2014 - (23-20)

North Shore:

Cy-Ranch 2014 - (31-27)

Atascocita 2016 - (33-27) OT

I don't think these are upsets at all. All of those games were 50/50. In 2012 Cedar Hills gave Katy all they wanted and they were young. 

Northshore in 2014 was 9-5 and could've easily been 8-6(One point squeaker vs La Porte.) 

If 2014 NS makes the finals that would've been unexpected 

Edited by Steeler01
  • Like 1