California News

Jurrion Dickey transferring to MD is very unfortunate. He will be at the school for 1 semester and leave. I have a hard time with this. I’d rather lose to Bosco with our own team and with honor than get Senior mercenaries. Although it’s speculation, we had a good enough team to win it all without him. 
Consider me an angry alum and booster. The optics are terrible.  And my fellow alumni wonder why people dislike us 🤦‍♂️

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Bodysurf said:

Jurrion Dickey transferring to MD is very unfortunate. He will be at the school for 1 semester and leave. I have a hard time with this. I’d rather lose to Bosco with our own team and with honor than get Senior mercenaries. Although it’s speculation, we had a good enough team to win it all without him. 
Consider me an angry alum and booster. The optics are terrible.  And my fellow alumni wonder why people dislike us 🤦‍♂️

Don't be so hard on yourself. You're just doing what 99 of the T100 teams in the nation would also do. Love this game! Can't wait for the season to start! 

7 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Don't be so hard on yourself. You're just doing what 99 of the T100 teams in the nation would also do. Love this game! Can't wait for the season to start! 

I believe in a higher standard. I don’t want to be like Bosco, SFA, IMG. I’d rather win with our own players. If it was a Junior transfer like Raleek Brown that is not as bad. But a Senior transfer is a joke. I would have hoped we learned our lesson from the Dollars and Criddell debacle. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Bodysurf said:

I believe in a higher standard. I don’t want to be like Bosco, SFA, IMG. I’d rather win with our own players. If it was a Junior transfer like Raleek Brown that is not as bad. But a Senior transfer is a joke. I would have hoped we learned our lesson from the Dollars and Criddell debacle. 

The desire to win at all costs is certainly a current epidemic in every facet of life. It does make for better HSFB games, though. 

5 minutes ago, THEOC89 said:

Both your posts on this are right on, to me it just doesn’t make sense to transfer to a new HS for 1 Semester just to play HSFB….

I also subscribe to the theory that Let the Kids Play wherever they want to play so I can see both sides….

I personally just don’t understand why MD would do this…. They are so talented already and don’t need this kid…. And with all the Flak Rollo took over the incidents you mentioned above I just do t see the need for this….

High School is about Developing Young people, not winning Football games at all Costs…. And while I commend Rollo for adjusting with the times, I really hate the fact is is doing this 1 Semester Transfer thing…. He had Miller Moss Coming in 2020 for 1 Semester when he was desperate for a QB and Now a WR which I don’t really understand why MD needs another WR….

100% spot on. With all the shit that went down within the program starting last November, the last thing we want is the negative spotlight on us. Perhaps this kid actually is transferring for legitimate family reasons. What a great coincidence that he happens to be one of the WRs in the country! 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Bodysurf said:

I remember when it was a big deal for MD to get a WR from Fountain Valley.   Now today, SHEESH.  This is like there is a HS transfer portal with active NIL$$$$

Once again I am advocating for placing only MD and SJB in the Open playoff bracket for So Cal.

Let the next 16 best teams battle if out for the D-1 CIFSS title.  What a competitive bracket that would be with a good number of teams having a chance to win.

The transfer disparity is putting SJB and MD on their own Tier.  With no So Cal teams on the Tier below them.  The rest of the field shows up two Tiers down.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Like with IMG will the CIF now prohibit its members from scheduling MD and SJB? #academyrule 

Teams can’t play IMG because they are not part of a state association. As long as MD and Bosco are CIF member schools it will never happen. 

10 minutes ago, Sammy Swordsman said:

Once again I am advocating for placing only MD and SJB in the Open playoff bracket for So Cal.

Let the next 16 best teams battle if out for the D-1 CIFSS title.  What a competitive bracket that would be with a good number of teams having a chance to win.

The transfer disparity is putting SJB and MD on their own Tier.  With no So Cal teams on the Tier below them.  The rest of the field shows up two Tiers down.

I agree 100% with this statement! It only makes sense 

9 minutes ago, Sammy Swordsman said:

MD has now received 2 transfers since last year that will see any playing time this season. This is what pisses me off as a MD fan. If we win people will say it is because of transfers but the reality 95% of the team, and most of the starters, have been at the school since since 9th grade.

Why don’t you mention SM or Los Al? They have gotten WAY more transfers than MD. But I guess only MD getting a transfer bothers you?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Bodysurf said:

MD has now received 2 transfers since last year that will see any playing time this season. This is what pisses me off as a MD fan. If we win people will say it is because of transfers but the reality 95% of the team, and most of the starters, have been at the school since since 9th grade.

Why don’t you mention SM or Los Al? They have gotten WAY more transfers than MD. But I guess only MD getting a transfer bothers you?

SM and Los Al dont start with the Core that SJB and MD get incoming as freshmen.

SM and Los Al are just trying to survive, like the rest of the teams.

• Like 2