California News

13 hours ago, 1Since71 said:

Rumors flying around that 5*LBP QB Nico Lamaleava is either going to sit out his SR year or transfer to a school in Tennessee.Apparently no one has seen him with LBP program in weeks 

He did just commit to UT. Maybe he’s transferring to Lipscomb? 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Defeating Miliani in Hawaii on 8/12 will be a tad more difficult than beating Millikan in a meaningless tug-of-war 😉 

True that winning a real game is more challenging. But if Mission has any trouble with Miliani, they are in for a rude awakening later in the season.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Extremely Humble said:

The #1 WR in California is transferring out of Valley Christian. Rumors swirling he’s going to a top SoCal school. 

Hopefully not MD. Initial rumor was that he was going to go to MD but he could not get in. I’m sure Bosco or Los Al will welcome him with open arms. We will know soon.

11 hours ago, Extremely Humble said:

The #1 WR in California is transferring out of Valley Christian. Rumors swirling he’s going to a top SoCal school. 

#1 WR in CA (if accurate)should not be stuck at Valley Christian.   

IMO a lot of guys would look like the #1 WR if they racked up film playing VC level opponents 

48 minutes ago, Sammy Swordsman said:

#1 WR in CA (if accurate)should not be stuck at Valley Christian.   

IMO a lot of guys would look like the #1 WR if they racked up film playing VC level opponents 

So you're trying to imply that Junior Dickey is overrated??? He will instantly be the best WR on MD and SJB Sammy. Matter of fact he will be the best WR in your beloved Trinity League. Your SoCal bias is nauseating sometimes my dude.  

41 minutes ago, Extremely Humble said:

So you're trying to imply that Junior Dickey is overrated??? He will instantly be the best WR on MD and SJB Sammy. Matter of fact he will be the best WR in your beloved Trinity League. Your SoCal bias is nauseating sometimes my dude.  

I guess we will see how things play out.  IMO most Nor Cal guys underestimate the Trinity League level of competition, especially the other (non SJB,MD teams).  There is simply nothing up north to calibrate it to.

SJB and MD are so good that it appears the other teams are weak, which is not the case.  As an example in 2021 OLU came in 4th place but won the D-2 CIFSS championship.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Sammy Swordsman said:

I guess we will see how things play out.  IMO most Nor Cal guys underestimate the Trinity League level of competition, especially the other (non SJB,MD teams).  There is simply nothing up north to calibrate it to.

SJB and MD are so good that it appears the other teams are weak, which is not the case.  As an example in 2021 OLU came in 4th place but won the D-2 CIFSS championship.

But from the comparative results of the games vs SFA, we DO know that SoCal is still light years ahead of NoCal. 

17 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

But from the comparative results of the games vs SFA, we DO know that SoCal is still light years ahead of NoCal. 

You can't make a comparison based on a single common opponent played in different seasons. You need to consider the landscape of SoCal versus Norcal in its totality. If you were to take the top 50 teams from both and match them up 1 vesus 1, 2 versus 2, 3 versus 3, all the way to 50, I don't think NorCal would win many games.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Bodysurf said:

You can't make a comparison based on a single common opponent played in different seasons. You need to consider the landscape of SoCal versus Norcal in its totality. If you were to take the top 50 teams from both and match them up 1 vesus 1, 2 versus 2, 3 versus 3, all the way to 50, I don't think NorCal would win many games.

I'm trying to be nice. SoCal/NoCal head-to-head results/records ends this conversation IMO. 

8 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

I'm trying to be nice. SoCal/NoCal head-to-head results/records ends this conversation IMO. 

True. But their are blowhards saying that NorCal teams beating LA or SD section teams in state bowl games means they are competitive with SoCal. But the reality is that these SoCal teams at the time would not have been in the top 20 of the Southern Section. 

3 minutes ago, Bodysurf said:

True. But their are blowhards saying that NorCal teams beating LA or SD section teams in state bowl games means they are competitive with SoCal. But the reality is that these SoCal teams at the time would not have been in the top 20 of the Southern Section. 

Pros like us know that's a farcical argument. The TL should be the only measuring stick in CA to gauge overall team relevancy, talent and success.