California News

4 hours ago, Bodysurf said:

Hilarious! Gollum blocks people that have a different opinion. I really wished MD would have revoked his press pass and he has the nerve to still show up on campus. Also, he has not written one word about all the hazing allegations against MD being dismissed by a court of law. In fact neither has Scott Reid, Plaschke, or Fryer because it does not fit their narrative.

Sondy’s a sniveling little pest. Plaschke and Reid, on the other hand, are pure scum.

2 hours ago, Extremely Humble said:

I know. It’s garbage. I liked your idea of removing those two from Cali playoffs or let them play each other for their dick measuring contest. How epic would Cali playoffs be without those two academies? 

Epic?  Hardly.  Cen10 would beat the living crap out of everybody in that scenario.  And then y’all would want Cen10 gone, and then MV, ad infinitum…

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

9 minutes ago, All Dei said:

Epic?  Hardly.  Cen10 would beat the living crap out of everybody in that scenario.  And then y’all would want Cen10 gone, and then MV, ad infinitum…

DLS, Folsom, Serra would all give C10 trouble most years. C10 was incredibly good last year. This year they won’t be close to last season. MD And SJB will beat them with little trouble. 

2 hours ago, Extremely Humble said:

Centennial record after SJB and MD became academy schools: 

2018: SJB 62 - 34 C10

2019: MD 48 - 14 C10

2020: MD 42 - 14 C10

2020: SJB 52 - 14 

Last season was the only time C10 was competitive. Don’t try and tell me they would have “beat the living crap” out of DLS. 

Fair point regarding DLS, but SoCal-wise, yes, they roll everyone else most years. 

29 minutes ago, Sammy Swordsman said:

A one off when Cen10 had their great team and MV was down.   Servite beat MV by a similar score.

Proves nothing which is why its irrelevant to the arguement

Over the past 10 years Cen10 would have destroyed MV just as bad every year. To compare MV to Cen10 is just comical. 

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Sammy Swordsman said:

A one off when Cen10 had their great team and MV was down.   Servite beat MV by a similar score.

Proves nothing which is why its irrelevant to the arguement

MV was "down"?  They're down 9 of the last 10 seasons to Cen10 in the final state rankings!  The lone "season" MV finished higher than Cen10 was Spring 2021, which, please....  Cen10 would roll those boys, year in and year out.

1 minute ago, All Dei said:

MV was "down"?  They're down 9 of the last 10 seasons to Cen10 in the final state rankings!  The lone "season" MV finished higher than Cen10 was Spring 2021, which, please....  Cen10 would roll those boys, year in and year out.

The point is that Cen10 is not a shoe in to win a 16 team bracket minus MD and SJB.  Cherry picking last year (when they would have lost to Servite) doesn't prove that Cen10 would dominate a non MD and SJB bracket.  Sorry but putting MD and SJB into their own open bracket would be good for the sport.

19 minutes ago, Sammy Swordsman said:

The point is that Cen10 is not a shoe in to win a 16 team bracket minus MD and SJB.  Cherry picking last year (when they would have lost to Servite) doesn't prove that Cen10 would dominate a non MD and SJB bracket.  Sorry but putting MD and SJB into their own open bracket would be good for the sport.

Cherry picking what?  I was talking about how Cen10 finished ahead of MV in 9 of the last 10 end-of-season state rankings. 

And Cen10 "would have lost" to Servite last season?  Not so fast.  Looking at common opponents, Servite beats SC by 20 and Cen10 beats SC by 21; advantage Cen10.  Servite beats JSerra by 53 and Cen10 beats them by 48; advantage Servite.  Servite beats MV by 37 and Cen10 beats them by 46; advantage Cen10.  MD beats Cen10 by 5 and MD beats Servite by 9 and 20; advantage Cen10  So my money's on Cen10 last season, too.  This coming season would be hide the women and children time....

Edited by All Dei

3 minutes ago, All Dei said:

Cherry picking what?  I was talking about how Cen10 finished ahead of MV in 9 of the last 10 end-of-season state rankings. 

And Cen10 "would have lost" to Servite last season?  Not so fast.  Looking at common opponents, Servite beats SC by 20 and Cen10 beats SC by 21; advantage Cen10.  Servite beats JSerra by 53 and Cen10 beats them by 48; advantage Servite.  Servite beats MV by 37 and Cen10 beats them by 46; advantage Cen10.  MD beats Cen10 by 5 and MD beats Servite by 9 and 20; advantage Cen10  So my money's on Cen10 last season, too.  This coming season would be hide the women and children time....

You made the argument for me.  A Servite vs Cen10 final last year would have been much more compelling than a repeat of the Servite vs MD game.

On 7/22/2022 at 4:18 PM, Sammy Swordsman said:

Let the next 16 best teams battle if out for the D-1 CIFSS title.  What a competitive bracket that would be with a good number of teams having a chance to win.

The rest of the field shows up two Tiers down.

Cen10 would be in a tier by itself. Maybe Mission Viejo knocks them off once every four years or so.