California News

2 hours ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Barely Top 20 in Cali of late. I'm thinking those glory days are long gone. 

Scorebook Live and SI sure thinks highly of Poly as they have them in their ‘next 10’. So Poly is a top 35 national preseason team according to them. I think that is a joke. But Poly could be around #10-15 in Cali.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Bodysurf said:

Scorebook Live and SI sure thinks highly of Poly as they have them in their ‘next 10’. So Poly is a top 35 national preseason team according to them. I think that is a joke. But Poly could be around #10-15 in Cali.

You know it’s because this kid some people think highly of LBP

https://247sports.com/Player/Nicholaus-Iamaleava-46101236/

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

A SoCal team can put together one of the toughest schedules in the country playing just local teams. 
You have the economic factors to consider. A school like Poly does not have the program budget to put their team on a plane. Maybe once every few years they can travel to play. Unless they get sponsor support it is incredibly difficult for many of these public programs to travel. Some schools in the LA and San Diego sections have had to get public support in order to send their teams to the state finals in NorCal.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Bodysurf said:

A SoCal team can put together one of the toughest schedules in the country playing just local teams. 
You have the economic factors to consider. A school like Poly does not have the program budget to put their team on a plane. Maybe once every few years they can travel to play. Unless they get sponsor support it is incredibly difficult for many of these public programs to travel. Some schools in the LA and San Diego sections have had to get public support in order to send their teams to the state finals in NorCal.

LBP can host any OOS team they want. Nobody is saying they have to travel. Or they can play in the Honor Bowl every once in a while. That's all I'm suggesting. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
11 hours ago, GardenStateBaller said:

This is a huge move for Los Al. I don’t think one player will make a difference, but they now have one of the best players at this position in the country, which is the position that was Los Al’s biggest weakness. 

Edited by Bodysurf

3 hours ago, Bodysurf said:

This is a huge move for Los Al. I don’t think one player will make a difference, but they now have one of the best players at this position in the country, which is the position that was Los Al’s biggest weakness. 

Hearing the kid's father is a nightmare to deal with. Good luck with that. 

• Haha 1