California News

22 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

20220723_111909.jpg

Hilarious! Gollum blocks people that have a different opinion. I really wished MD would have revoked his press pass and he has the nerve to still show up on campus. Also, he has not written one word about all the hazing allegations against MD being dismissed by a court of law. In fact neither has Scott Reid, Plaschke, or Fryer because it does not fit their narrative.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Bodysurf said:

Hilarious! Gollum blocks people that have a different opinion. I really wished MD would have revoked his press pass and he has the nerve to still show up on campus. Also, he has not written one word about all the hazing allegations against MD being dismissed by a court of law. In fact neither has Scott Reid, Plaschke, or Fryer because it does not fit their narrative.

He's for sure an enemy of the people. 

• Like 1

Imagine it’s your senior year at MD or SJB and you’re a really good player but not great. You’ve been patiently grinding for 4 years, waiting for your turn, knowing your time is coming. All of your hard work is about to pay off!

And then you wake up one morning and open your twitter account to see 4 and 5 star SENIORS from hundreds of miles away transferring in to take away a majority of your playing time. 

Doesn’t sit well with me.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Extremely Humble said:

Imagine it’s your senior year at MD or SJB and you’re a really good player but not great. You’ve been patiently grinding for 4 years, waiting for your turn, knowing your time is coming. All of your hard work is about to pay off!

And then you wake up one morning and open your twitter account to see 4 and 5 star SENIORS from hundreds of miles away transferring in to take away a majority of your playing time. 

Life lessons. In the world of business, companies hire supervisers from the outside all the time instead of hiring from within. Survival of the fittest. If you're not the best at what you do, you'll be replaced eventually. If the kid isn't a team player, he can just transfer to one of the lower-level, irrelevant TL teams. 

2 minutes ago, Extremely Humble said:

It doesn’t sit well with most people but that is the harsh reality of the real world. Nobody should be entitled to anything. Whether it is sports or work, the best person should always be the one that plays or gets the job. Sadly it doesn’t work this way. I have no problem with a 3-year starter being replaced by a Freshman or a transfer if they are better. 
In the case of Jurrion Dickey, I hate that he is a Senior transfer and the whole optics of the situation, especially in light of all the dirt that MD was dragged through after last season.

3 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Life lessons. In the world of business, companies hire supervisers from the outside all the time instead of hiring from within. Survival of the fittest. If you're not the best at what you do, you'll be replaced eventually. If the kid isn't a team player, he can just transfer to one of the lower-level, irrelevant TL teams. 

Great minds think alike. Best man plays. Or gets the job. Deal with it.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Make the transfers okay up to Senior year. 1 semester transfer mercenaries is stupid as hell. This is high school football. There’s something to be said about loyalty these days that would teach the kids your “life lessons”. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, GardenStateBaller said:

We live in America, Land of the Free. 

We know you would love to see teams filled with only 5 stars but some of us like classic old school football. I don’t mind transfers but dudes transferring for one semester and graduating at their previous schools once football ends is just stupid.

• Like 2

Just now, Extremely Humble said:

We know you would love to see teams filled with only 5 stars but some of us like classic old school football. I don’t mind transfers but dudes transferring for one semester and graduating at their previous schools once football ends is just stupid.

Has the baller in question already stated that he's returning to his former high school after playing this Fall. If so, I missed that article. 

8 minutes ago, Extremely Humble said:

Or win at any cost. No matter how many kids you screw over in the process. All that matters is win.

Nice catholic values

It is not win at all cost. And winning is not all that matters. I believe that everything in life is earned and nobody is entitled to anything, including high school football players that have loyally waited their turn on the bench to play.

7 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Has the baller in question already stated that he's returning to his former high school after playing this Fall. If so, I missed that article. 

TBD but it wouldn’t be the first time. I don’t even know if this kid is going to MD. Nothing is confirmed. But what SJB has done this off-season is embarrassing.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bodysurf said:

It is not win at all cost. And winning is not all that matters. I believe that everything in life is earned and nobody is entitled to anything, including high school football players that have loyally waited their turn on the bench to play.

It’s win at all costs brother. I’m sorry to tell you. I know you have school pride but every year I see a new scandal coming out of your area which would NEVER fly in 99% of the schools in the country, let alone a catholic school. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Extremely Humble said:

It’s win at all costs brother. I’m sorry to tell you. I know you have school pride but every year I see a new scandal coming out of your area which would NEVER fly in 99% of the schools in the country, let alone a catholic school. 

SJB and MD are already going to beat all the So Cal teams 56-12, and that was before the latest transfers.   Now they will beat the So Cal teams 68-12 because theirr 4's and 5's need film.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Sammy Swordsman said:

SJB and MD are already going to beat all the So Cal teams 56-12, and that was before the latest transfers.   Now they will beat the So Cal teams 68-12 because theirr 4's and 5's need film.

I know. It’s garbage. I liked your idea of removing those two from Cali playoffs or let them play each other for their dick measuring contest. How epic would Cali playoffs be without those two academies? 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Extremely Humble said:

I know. It’s garbage. I liked your idea of removing those two from Cali playoffs or let them play each other for their dick measuring contest. How epic would Cali playoffs be without those two academies? 

As long as the "Champ" of that public bracket acknowledged that they should be ranked no higher than #3 in CA, and that they're not the "true" Champion of the state. 

• Like 2