California News

10 minutes ago, Steeler01 said:

I never said they're unanimously number 1, but you've attacked Centennial many times because of their record against SJB and Mater Dei. I'll ask again,  who in Texas beats Mater Dei or SJB at least once in that time frame

My original response was never to you steeler, you inserted yourself in my comments then stated you didn’t make the claims! I’m responding to the ones that did … GSB and Colonel.

Edited by Horsefly
  • Like 1

If you don’t agree with the last part of this statement, then we have no issue on this topic 

On 3/19/2022 at 6:05 PM, GardenStateBaller said:

Losing to MD by 20 is still way better than getting trounced by 42. Cen10 is currently the best public HSFB in America and there's no disputing that. 

30 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

My original response was never to you steeler, you inserted yourself in my comments then stated you didn’t make the claims! I’m responding to the ones that did … GSB and Colonel.

You've made the comment that Centennial hasn't beaten them in so many tries though. Don't dodge the question,  who beats them?

Edited by Steeler01

12 minutes ago, Steeler01 said:

You've made the comment that Centennial hasn't beaten them in so many tries though. Don't dodge the question,  who beats them?

No steeler I used that to refute the claim Cen10 is the greatest public without question, and are excused from playing OOS games because they have nothing else to prove. 

You need to read everything and not just selective parts 

44 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

No steeler I used that to refute the claim Cen10 is the greatest public without question, and are excused from playing OOS games because they have nothing else to prove. 

You need to read everything and not just selective parts 

They’re excused for now because they’ve already balled out and shown well recently vs IMG and MD. In this respect, they’ve done what no other public in the USA has ventured to do. 

13 minutes ago, Bodysurf said:

I wouldn't say that they share having a blowout loss to MD last season. 45-3 and 21-16 are very different games.

I said on their resumes. Can’t claim Cen10 has the best public program when just two years ago they were blown out by BOTH. That’s my point.

10 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

They’re excused for now because they’ve already balled out and shown well recently vs IMG and MD. In this respect, they’ve done what no other public in the USA has ventured to do. 

They lost.  And in their last game with IMG they lost 40-20.  Are you going to factor in their 2019 blowout losses too or we only look at close losses? 

3 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Cen10s 2021 resume is all that I need to know that they were America's #1 public HSFB program last season. 

There is no consistency in assessing a program off one season, but that’s where we differ and I’ll leave it at that.  

2 hours ago, Horsefly said:

They lost.  And in their last game with IMG they lost 40-20. 

FYI - Cen10 had to go with their 3rd string QB in that game (who was actually a WR). Good showing by Cen10 given the circumstances. Different game if Tanner McKee played that game. Thanks. 

2 hours ago, Bodysurf said:

I wouldn't say that they share having a blowout loss to MD last season. 45-3 and 21-16 are very different games.

I agree that in 2021 Cen10 was better than Duncanville based on the entire body of work plus the head to head vs Mater Dei.  

Tier 1:  SFA, SJB, Servite, Cen10, STA

Tier 2: IMG, Northshore, DV..........

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Sammy Swordsman said:

I agree that in 2021 Cen10 was better than Duncanville based on the entire body of work plus the head to head vs Mater Dei. 

It’s amazing how much ppl don’t read then create their own narrative.  I said they both share on their RESUME a blow out loss to MD.  That means program body of work, not just one season 

Edited by Horsefly

4 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

It’s amazing how much ppl don’t read then create their own narrative.  I said they both share on their RESUME a blow out loss by MD.  That means program body of work, not just one season 

Agreed with you about looking at things over an extended period.   If you take the past 3-4 years into consideration then I would say that both Northshore and Duncanville would be a Tier above Cen10 and probably in Tier 1 for the 3 year period.

1 minute ago, Sammy Swordsman said:

Agreed with you about looking at things over an extended period.   If you take the past 3-4 years into consideration then I would say that both Northshore and Duncanville would be a Tier above Cen10 and probably in Tier 1 for the 3 year period.

Northshore and DV would not be the teams I’d advocate for in the argument of best public school prgm the past 3 seasons. It would be Westlake ONLY from TX, DV wouldn’t even be in the discussion. 

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

No 1 public in CA, top 5 in the nation, 10 CIF championships, record since 2004 (W) 220  (L) 32 enough said. Series vs MD and SJB . MD vs CC 6 -5 JSB 4 -2 overall 10 -7, and they are 10 -0 vs the other Trinity League teams. overall record  against Trinity League 17 (W) 10 (L)

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, PDE769 said:

No 1 public in CA, top 5 in the nation, 10 CIF championships, record since 2004 (W) 220  (L) 32 enough said. Series vs MD and SJB . MD vs CC 6 -5 JSB 4 -2 overall 10 -7, and they are 10 -0 vs the other Trinity League teams. overall record  against Trinity League 17 (W) 10 (L)

#1 public in the USA!!!!

• Like 2