California News

1 hour ago, Sammy Swordsman said:

That's debatable.  IMO Los Al had a better defense and a better coaching staff in 2005.  I am waiting for the current version of Los Al to get a relevant win before anointing them as a relevant OOS opponent for a Texas or Fla power.

I watched that 2005 team play Colton, and yes they had a better coaching staff, but that team had no talent

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Please educate us on those other logos. Thx! 

The Big VIII League and Southwestern League will merge for football in 2022, forming two new leagues, according to Corona Centennial head coach Matt Logan.

Corona Centennial, Norco, Roosevelt, Vista Murrieta, Chaparral and Murrieta Valley will make up one of the leagues and King, Santiago, Corona, Temecula Valley, Great Oak and Murrieta Mesa will make up the other.

Every team will play the others in their league and then there will be two crossover games between teams from different leagues. The crossover games will not count as league games. Corona Centennial is slated to play Santiago and Temecula Valley in their crossover games in 2022.

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Bmore410 said:

WHO YALL GOT IN THAT 

MATER DEI AT CEN10 GAME 

AN

MATER DEI AT BISHOP GORMAN 

Last year MD VS Cen10 was really close. Cen10 only lost by 5 points. I think MD got this one with Elijah Brown coming back and his weapons, Ajon Bryant, Jordan Davison, Marcus Harris, Jack Ressler. 

I think it’s going to be a close game and BG might upset MD. They lose Zion Branch DB and Cyrus Moss but those underclassmen are next one up. One to watch out for BG is   Zachariah Branch.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Stevenfrmdab said:

Last year MD VS Cen10 was really close. Cen10 only lost by 5 points. I think MD got this one with Elijah Brown coming back and his weapons, Ajon Bryant, Jordan Davison, Marcus Harris, Jack Ressler. 

I think it’s going to be a close game and BG might upset MD. They lose Zion Branch DB and Cyrus Moss but those underclassmen are next one up. One to watch out for BG is   Zachariah Branch.

Regarding MD, their lines will be massive, deep, and nasty.

Watch out for 6'7'' 240 lbs TE Spencer Shannon next year. He is an under the radar player because MD does not feature the tight end much. With his ability that could change next season and I think he will be Elijah Brown's go-to guy. He is already a great run and pass blocker with major offers. He will end up being offered by everybody.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Bodysurf said:

Regarding MD, their lines will be massive, deep, and nasty.

Watch out for 6'7'' 240 lbs TE Spencer Shannon next year. He is an under the radar player because MD does not feature the tight end much. With his ability that could change next season and I think he will be Elijah Brown's go-to guy. He is already a great run and pass blocker with major offers. He will end up being offered by everybody.

Many think that SJB will be preseason #1 in the TL. What say you? 

1 hour ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Many think that SJB will be preseason #1 in the TL. What say you? 

I have no problem with that. You can make a strong argument for Bosco or MD being #1 in Trinity next season. Honestly it matters not because it is thankfully settled on the field. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bodysurf said:

I have no problem with that. You can make a strong argument for Bosco or MD being #1 in Trinity next season. Honestly it matters not because it is thankfully settled on the field. 

Calhi sports should rank SJB #9 in Calif.  pre season just in case they lose to Allen.   (Take a page out of Dave Campell's playbook).   LOL.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Sammy Swordsman said:

Calhi sports should rank SJB #9 in Calif.  pre season just in case they lose to Allen.   (Take a page out of Dave Campell's playbook).   LOL.

Instead of giggling how about back up your claim with some facts. When did DC cut a team’s preseason ranking short to preserve some idiotic OOS reputation?  The man made millions catering to the TXHSFB market, why would he give two flips about OOS? 

13 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

Instead of giggling how about back up your claim with some facts. When did DC cut a team’s preseason ranking short to preserve some idiotic OOS reputation?  The man made millions catering to the TXHSFB market, why would he give two flips about OOS? 

Trinity - Aledo- DV.  For starters.   All inexplicably ranked lower than necessary 

32 minutes ago, Sammy Swordsman said:

Trinity - Aledo- DV.  For starters.   All inexplicably ranked lower than necessary 

Dctf doesn’t do class composite rankings. Aledo was either #1 or #2 in 5A

trinity finished 2014 ranked 7th.  Their legendary coach retired, they entered 2015 ranked 9th.  Why would they be ranked higher? 

DV entered 2021 ranked 5th.  The same spot they ended 2020. Why would they have been ranked higher than Westlake, Katy, SLC and north shore in preseason? 

allen finished last season around 9th.  Why do you think they should start 2022 ranked much higher? 

These aren’t rhetorical questions I want an answer 

Edited by Horsefly