Healthy Debate: IMG vs BG for #1

3 minutes ago, Scott Coffee said:

I wouldn't be too quick to point to Massey for back-up---that had IMG all the way down at #8. 

SJP, the big IMG win you keep pointing, to was ranked  #25---lower than either Centennial or Corner Canyon. 

Check out tomorrow's @misterfootballTop 50 Composite Rankings. SJP should be ranked higher than Cen10 in at least six of the 8 polls. 

6 hours ago, GardenStateBaller said:

BG barely beat a 4-loss MC in Vegas!!

Those 4 loses were all to top 20 ranked teams by a combined 13 points. MC is a top 25 team themselves and could easily have been 12-0. BG scheduling them (your defending national champs) doesn’t seem like chickening out to me. Cen10 is a legit top 25 team and BG smoked them. Corner Canyon is another top 25 team that BG smoked by 3 TDs. Would BG have beaten Mater Dei in Santa Ana, who knows? I don’t think it’s too far fetched to think they could have. Personally, I think it would’ve been 50/50. That’s why they are the top 2 teams in my poll. 

The top 5 in my poll are BG, MD, SJB, IMG and C-M. I think that any one of them could beat the other on any given day. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Omaha Vol said:

Those 4 loses were all to top 20 ranked teams by a combined 13 points. MC is a top 25 team themselves and could easily have been 12-0. BG scheduling them (your defending national champs) doesn’t seem like chickening out to me. Cen10 is a legit top 25 team and BG smoked them. Corner Canyon is another top 25 team that BG smoked by 3 TDs. Would BG have beaten Mater Dei in Santa Ana, who knows? I don’t think it’s too far fetched to think they could have. Personally, I think it would’ve been 50/50. That’s why they are the top 2 teams in my poll. 

The top 5 in my poll are BG, MD, SJB, IMG and C-M. I think that any one of them could beat the other on any given day. 

MD and SJB aren't in our mix because we require our #1 to be undefeated. Hence, it's BG vs IMG. Several coaches I speak to regularly were very critical of BGs D this season. Hence, why they're #5 in our rankings behind IMG, MD, SJB and C-M, who handled MC much easier than BG. 

2 hours ago, GardenStateBaller said:

LOL BG, MD, Cen10, and SJB are all PGL clients. I have no biases. I love my all clients equally just like my kids. It's not too much to ask a power private like BG to play at least one top-notch private program each season? Plus, your D stunk up the joint this season. You gave-up 42 points to a team from freaking UT! IMG, MD, SJB and C-M would all beat you this season. Several Head Coaches have told me such confidentially. Hence, why you were ranked #5 by both us and Massey last week. Enjoy your 1/3 share of the title. 

We will enjoy our number 1 ranking, No one takes your poll seriously or Massey 

So please just take us out your rank we will accept the exit thank you 

If it's not BG/MD number 1 it's a joke rankings 

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, Omaha Vol said:

Best rankings I've seen 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Antt said:

We will enjoy our number 1 ranking, No one takes your poll seriously or Massey 

So please just take us out your rank we will accept the exit thank you 

If it's not BG/MD number 1 it's a joke rankings 

Like I said there's nothing wrong with a 1/3 share of the MNC. Can't wait to hear about it on your podcast! 

3 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Like I said there's nothing wrong with a 1/3 share of the MNC. Can't wait to hear about it on your podcast! 

Definitely will give my guy's credit for winning in the polls that Matter and not a GUY on the internet 

• Haha 1

43 minutes ago, Omaha Vol said:

You could literally say IMG WOULD KILL CC ,CENTENNIAL,LB OR CENTRAL 

But you can also say BG has the best offense in America and would beat SJP by 50 or Ben Davis 

21 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

MD and SJB aren't in our mix because we require our #1 to be undefeated. Hence, it's BG vs IMG. Several coaches I speak to regularly were very critical of BGs D this season. Hence, why they're #5 in our rankings behind IMG, MD, SJB and C-M, who handled MC much easier than BG. 

I wouldn’t say C-M handled them THAT much easier than BG. They held them off and won by 3 in the end. BG won a back and forth battle by 4. The biggest selling point for me is their dismantling of Cen10 by 28. 

• Like 1

Another interesting take from @Longtime Observer:

We've heard some people disregarding games played in the same season in projecting what might happen in hypothetical or real rematches. They've said that teams evolve and improve differently, with select programs being granted "hyper improvement" status, while those not annointed are said to be incapable of equivalent levels of improvement. For example, it was understood Mater Dei could win a rematch with SJB, and they did. Yet, we can be sure these folks will not grant that STA could win a rematch with SJB. But, enough about that annoying inconsistency. Should the 2023 rankings be impacted-or even dictated- by games played in the 2022 season? 

It seems clear rankers will use the outcome of the 2022 game between Chaminade and Bishop Gorman to rank the 2023 editions of each team. That is, quite literally, the *only* way one can justify ranking Bishop Gorman over Chaminade. BG's best win is no better than Chaminade's best win. But, Chaminade has a forty (40) point win over the best team in New Jersey. Chaminade also has a two-TD win over American Heritage and a more decisive win over St. Frances than Mater Dei had (and equivalent to SJB). The resume clearly favors Chaminade. But, in a previous season, BG had a month off before hosting a Chaminade team that played the previous week before the 2500 mile trip. BG won that game big. So, now, in a different season with different teams, we are supposed to hold that result up as paramount in ranking this season's teams. Bizarre.

(Miami Norland also has every bit the claim of BG. Beating Miami Central twice, neither of which was a true home game like BG had, is more impressive than beating them once.)

2 minutes ago, Omaha Vol said:

I wouldn’t say C-M handled them THAT much easier than BG. They held them off and won by 3 in the end. BG won a back and forth battle by 4. The biggest selling point for me is their dismantling of Cen10 by 28. 

Right and central is There defending champion we schedule them because they was Top 5 is it our problem they had 4 loses by less then 4 points 

Also not alot of teams beating cen10 public or private ask MD and SJB

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Another interesting take from @Longtime Observer:

We've heard some people disregarding games played in the same season in projecting what might happen in hypothetical or real rematches. They've said that teams evolve and improve differently, with select programs being granted "hyper improvement" status, while those not annointed are said to be incapable of equivalent levels of improvement. For example, it was understood Mater Dei could win a rematch with SJB, and they did. Yet, we can be sure these folks will not grant that STA could win a rematch with SJB. But, enough about that annoying inconsistency. Should the 2023 rankings be impacted-or even dictated- by games played in the 2022 season? 

It seems clear rankers will use the outcome of the 2022 game between Chaminade and Bishop Gorman to rank the 2023 editions of each team. That is, quite literally, the *only* way one can justify ranking Bishop Gorman over Chaminade. BG's best win is no better than Chaminade's best win. But, Chaminade has a forty (40) point win over the best team in New Jersey. Chaminade also has a two-TD win over American Heritage and a more decisive win over St. Frances than Mater Dei had (and equivalent to SJB). The resume clearly favors Chaminade. But, in a previous season, BG had a month off before hosting a Chaminade team that played the previous week before the 2500 mile trip. BG won that game big. So, now, in a different season with different teams, we are supposed to hold that result up as paramount in ranking this season's teams. Bizarre.

(Miami Norland also has every bit the claim of BG. Beating Miami Central twice, neither of which was a true home game like BG had, is more impressive than beating them once.)

I'm not reading all thar but yeah you got it WHATEVER IT SAYS

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Omaha Vol said:

Again, 3-loss Cen10 is ranked behind SJP (IMG's best win) by the majority of national pollsters (6/8 polls). IMG will have wins vs three State Champs (two road wins). No other undefeated team can stake that claim. 

8 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Again, 3-loss Cen10 is ranked behind SJP (IMG's best win) by the majority of national pollsters (6/8 polls). IMG will have wins vs three State Champs (two road wins). No other undefeated team can stake that claim. 

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Joe are you still mad we beat your team Don Bosco years ago 

It was a good game relax my man I'm laughing 😃 😀 😄 😁 🤣 

It all makes sense everything I found 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

5 minutes ago, Antt said:

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Joe are you still mad we beat your team Don Bosco years ago 

It was a good game relax my man I'm laughing 😃 😀 😄 😁 🤣 

It all makes sense everything I found 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

I'm a Paramus Catholic grad. However, I was at the game in 2012 when Bergen Catholic beat BG 42-35!

Just now, GardenStateBaller said:

I'm a Paramus Catholic grad. However, I was at the game in 2012 when Bergen Catholic beat BG 42-35!

It all makes sense 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

I'm arguing with the same dude that made the bishop Sycamore vs img  🤣 😂 🙄 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Antt said:

It all makes sense 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

I'm arguing with the same dude that made the bishop Sycamore vs img  🤣 😂 🙄 

Yes!! The most famous game in the history of HSFB! I also had a hand in the following games:

BG at MC in Naples, MD at DV, SJB at Allen, IMG/SFA annually, SFA at DS, SJB at STA, SFA at C-M plus hundreds of others since 2015! 

Visit https://prepgridironlogistics.com/ to learn more. 

4 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Yes!! The most famous game in the history of HSFB! I also had a hand in the following games:

BG at MC in Naples, MD at DV, SJB at Allen, IMG/SFA annually, SFA at DS, SJB at STA, SFA at C-M plus hundreds of others since 2015! 

Visit https://prepgridironlogistics.com/ to learn more. 

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

I'm going to bed IT ALL MAKES SENSE 

49 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Everyone knows SJP is ranked ahead of Cen10, but they sure as hell wouldn’t beat Cen10 by 28 points. 

• Haha 1