Healthy Debate: IMG vs BG for #1

14 hours ago, GardenStateBaller said:

SOS is our #3 criteria behind 1.  being undefeated and 2. having at least one, elite oos win. 

Winning an end of year Legit Playoff bracket, or ANY playoff bracket should  be a minimum qualifier.

There is no sport that awards a Championship to any team without winning a playoff tournament.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Sammy Swordsman said:

Winning an end of year Legit Playoff bracket, or ANY playoff bracket should  be a minimum qualifier.

There is no sport that awards a Championship to any team without winning a playoff tournament.

IMG won a MNC in 2020. Precedent has already been set. Man-up and accept the inevitable. 

8 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

IMG won a MNC in 2020. Precedent has already been set. Man-up and accept the inevitable. 

Doesn't matter to me who you want to say is #1.   You're on an island with this pick though.

It's ok to be "different" but at least try to be smart about it.

Grandfathering teams rankings based on your pre season placement, and ignoring 4 months of actual games played is in IMO pretty ignorant

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Sammy Swordsman said:

Doesn't matter to me who you want to say is #1.   You're on an island with this pick though.

It's ok to be "different" but at least try to be smart about it.

Grandfathering teams rankings based on your pre season placement, and ignoring 4 months of actual games played is in IMO pretty ignorant

Reading the above post means we're doing everything perfectly right! #nocowardsallowed 

2 hours ago, GardenStateBaller said:

You and I both know that the homer refs gifted that game to MD in the Q4. Watch it again. You and I also both know that it's cowardly to schedule and team and then blackball them after one game. SJB, MD and BG should all be playing IMG annually as evidenced by the national rankings each and every season. 

So the refs gifted MD the game? Come on!
Why do you keep placing blame on teams for decision of the CIF to not allow teams to play IMG? CIF made that rule probably because MD scheduled the game. It was enacted almost immediately after it was scheduled, and actually before being played. Fortunately they were still able to play.

I’m glad we got the chance to play IMG but I would prefer MD to play real high schools. Next year hopefully we play Gorman and STA. There is not much appetite among team supporters to play academies. Maybe you can schedule us to play St Joseph’s Prep. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, GardenStateBaller said:

And that's where they belong. Again, very rarely will a team with a loss be crowned our MNC. Our criteria has been transparent to all from Day One, including last season. 

It is transparent and you say SOS and OOS marque wins are most important. So by your own criteria, MD and Gorman are ahead of IMG who has an absolutely embarrassing schedule for a team of their caliber. 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Bodysurf said:

It is transparent and you say SOS and OOS marque wins are most important. So by your own criteria, MD and Gorman are ahead of IMG who has an absolutely embarrassing schedule for a team of their caliber. 

Our published #1 criteria is for a team to be undefeated. That has always been in place. And IMG had a better schedule than BG. It's very easy to understand. 

14 minutes ago, Bodysurf said:

So the refs gifted MD the game? Come on!
Why do you keep placing blame on teams for decision of the CIF to not allow teams to play IMG? CIF made that rule probably because MD scheduled the game. It was enacted almost immediately after it was scheduled, and actually before being played. Fortunately they were still able to play.

I’m glad we got the chance to play IMG but I would prefer MD to play real high schools. Next year hopefully we play Gorman and STA. There is not much appetite among team supporters to play academies. Maybe you can schedule us to play St Joseph’s Prep. 

SFA plays IMG annually. MD and SJB may start to playing SFA and BG annually as they should. Avoiding IMG will always hurt any of these aforementioned teams in the grand scheme of things. Bottom Line: The CIF needs to reverse that idiotic rule to give their members the oppty to win unanimous MNCs. 

6 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

SFA plays IMG annually. MD and SJB may start to playing SFA and BG annually as they should. Avoiding IMG will always hurt any of these aforementioned teams in the grand scheme of things. Bottom Line: The CIF needs to reverse that idiotic rule to give their members the oppty to win unanimous MNCs. 

Unanimous MNC would be a collective of any 4 of the following: 

USAT, Calpreps, HSFBA300, Massy, MaxPreps.

Your poll doesn't accept any input other than your own agenda*

*Client teams, Pre season seeding, Trying to bully state organizations.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Sammy Swordsman said:

Unanimous is 9/9 polls. Consensus is a majority. 

A reminder that MD, SJB, and BG are all PGL clients. Again, your far-fetched, cockamamie conspiracy theory arguments are failing miserably. 

59 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

And IMG had a better schedule than BG. 

I wouldn’t say that. According to your own subjective poll that may be the case based on the ranking of SJP. They had basically the same overall SOS. But Gorman had 2 better OOS wins compared to IMG. Gorman has no control over the fact that Nevada teams overall suck. 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Sammy Swordsman said:

This right here 👏👏👏

1 minute ago, Bodysurf said:

I wouldn’t say that. According to your own subjective poll that may be the case based on the ranking of SJP. They had basically the same overall SOS. But Gorman had 2 better OOS wins compared to IMG. Gorman has no control over the fact that Nevada teams overall suck. 

The fact that BG has all wins vs public schools is a joke. How does that equate to a MNC when every other power private did the opposite? Why would you allow BG to "back-in" to a MNC that isn't earned?

Plus check out @misterfootball Top 50 Composite Rankings. SJP is ranked higher than any other team that BG beat. It's fairly simple to understand to those who are unbiased. 

50 minutes ago, CaliFB said:

BG has 5 top 150 wins 

SJP 1! 

Bingo!

BG’s SOS is heavily weighed down by in state crappy teams. Let’s just go with Joe’s premise and accept that SJP is a powerhouse. BG still played better teams than IMG, even if we accept that SJP is better than any team BG played. 

4 hours ago, GardenStateBaller said:

The fact that BG has all wins vs public schools is a joke. How does that equate to a MNC when every other power private did the opposite? Why would you allow BG to "back-in" to a MNC that isn't earned?

Plus check out @misterfootball Top 50 Composite Rankings. SJP is ranked higher than any other team that BG beat. It's fairly simple to understand to those who are unbiased. 

If I was biased I would say MD deserves to be the MNC. They don’t because they shit the bed on Oct 13th. BG deserves it. I’m being as objective as possible.

Edited by Bodysurf
  • Like 2