Healthy Debate: IMG vs BG for #1

50 minutes ago, CaliFB said:

BG has 5 top 150 wins 

SJP 1! 

BG should not be rewarded for intentionally avoiding the other power privates like IMG, MD, SJB, SFA, etc in 2023. To be the best, you need to beat the best. Not publics from CA, UT and NV. 

Games vs Teams Ranked 800+:

BG 6

IMG 3

Best win for each team:

IMG- #6 SJP on road

BG- #9 Cen10 at home

6 minutes ago, Bodysurf said:

If I was biased I would say MD deserves to be the MNC. They don’t because they shit the bed on Oct 13th. BG deserves. I’m being as objective as possible.

As a fan of a power private that #playsthebest #anyoneanywhere, how can you not hold BG accountable for scheduling ALL publics in 2023? 

If SFA went 12-0 this season beating all public slappies from the state Maryland, would you feel the same way? There's no way you would. 

IMG will have defeated three (3) State Champs this season if all goes as expected (2 of those wins on the road). BG barely beat a 4-loss MC in Vegas!!

1 minute ago, GardenStateBaller said:

As a fan of a power private that #playsthebest #anytimeanywhere, how can you not hold BG accountable for scheduling ALL publics in 2023? 

If SFA went 12-0 this season beating all public slappies from the state MD, would you feel the same way? There's no way you would. 

It doesn’t matter whether a team is public or private. All I care about is how good they are. Is Cen10 bad because they are public? Are Texas’ best bad because they are public? I don’t take into consideration public versus private when assessing a team’s quality. Granted, the majority of top teams are private. But they are not top teams because they are private.

BG played good teams before they got into their league schedule. Who cares if those teams were public. I don’t hold that against them. Would it have better if Gorman played a private that was ranked lower than Cen10 or Corner Canyon? You make it sound like it would be.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Bodysurf said:

It doesn’t matter whether a team is public or private. All I care about is how good they are. Is Cen10 bad because they are public? Are Texas’ best bad because they are public? I don’t take into consideration public versus private when assessing a team’s quality. Granted, the majority of top teams are private. But they are not top teams because they are private.

BG played good teams before they got into their league schedule. Who cares if those teams were public. I don’t hold that against them. Would it have better if Gorman played a private that was ranked lower than Cen10 or Corner Canyon? You make it sound like it would be.

If that's the case why should MD schedule BG, or SJB schedule STA, or IMG schedule SJP or SFA? "Backing-in" to a MNC will never be acceptable in our rankings. Remember, BG bailed on MD to play LBP! Let the other eight (8) polls sell their souls. #playthebest #anyoneanywhere #nocowardsallowed 

6 hours ago, GardenStateBaller said:

And that's where they belong. Again, very rarely will a team with a loss be crowned our MNC. Our criteria has been transparent to all from Day One, including last season. 

“Our”?  It “your” criteria.

It’s like I’m taking a tour of your brain with you as the tour guide to figure out your shifting criteria.  

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, GardenStateBaller said:

As a fan of a power private that #playsthebest #anyoneanywhere, how can you not hold BG accountable for scheduling ALL publics in 2023? 

If SFA went 12-0 this season beating all public slappies from the state Maryland, would you feel the same way? There's no way you would. 

IMG will have defeated three (3) State Champs this season if all goes as expected (2 of those wins on the road). BG barely beat a 4-loss MC in Vegas!!

See this statement is agenda driven. You want "power privates" to play each other every year which they do. So BG doesn't play MD for whatever reason who knows. But they still play two teams that are ranked in the top 15 in the nation and you're basically disqualifying it because they are publics. Like someone else said who cares if they are public or private. A talented team is a talented team. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, CaliFB said:

See this statement is agenda driven. You want "power privates" to play each other every year which they do. So BG doesn't play MD for whatever reason who knows. But they still play two teams that are ranked in the top 15 in the nation and you're basically disqualifying it because they are publics. Like someone else said who cares if they are public or private. A talented team is a talented team. 

Not agenda driven. Facts. Privates have won the MNC going on 10 straight years. Per CalPreps (the Gold Standard according to @Sammy Swordsman) IMG has a stronger SOS than BG. Plus the compilation rankings don't lie. 

Think about it....BG barely beat a "down" 4-loss MC and beat a 3-loss Cen10. That's seven losses. Had they scheduled and beat MD this season, we wouldn't be having this debate. #nocowardsallowed 

2 hours ago, GardenStateBaller said:

If that's the case why should MD schedule BG, or SJB schedule STA, or IMG schedule SJP or SFA? "Backing-in" to a MNC will never be acceptable in our rankings. Remember, BG bailed on MD to play LBP! Let the other eight (8) polls sell their souls. #playthebest #anyoneanywhere #nocowardsallowed 

The most satisfying OOS game for me has been against Duncanville…… A public school.  
MD should schedule games against BG and STA simply because they are good. It’s irrelevant they are private. We should aspire to play the best teams in the country period, not the best private school teams in the country.

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Bodysurf said:

The most satisfying OOS game for me has been against Duncanville…… A public school.  
MD should schedule games against BG and STA simply because they are good. It’s irrelevant they are private. We should aspire to play the best teams in the country period, not the best private school teams in the country.

And according to every metric out there, IMG played a tougher schedule than BG. CalPreps, Comp Roll, etc. Pick your poison. 

9 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

And according to every metric out there, IMG played a tougher schedule than BG. CalPreps, Comp Roll, etc. Pick your poison. 

They are comparable. But as mentioned, BG’s SOS is scewed downward because they are forced to play some truly terrible Nevada teams. If you compare only the top 4-5 teams that BG and IMG played, BG had the better schedule.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bodysurf said:

They are comparable. But as mentioned, BG’s SOS is scewed downward because they are forced to play some truly terrible Nevada teams. If you compare only the top 4-5 teams that BG and IMG played, BG had the better schedule.

If you're forced to play shitty NV teams, then balance them out with teams like IMG, MD, STA and SFA. But noooooo they decided to take the easier road, which is why they're currently ranked #5 in our rankings. 

Those other polls also don't have the luxury of calling Head Coaches that have actually played BG like we do. And all of them across the board wholeheartetdly agree with yours truly. That BG does not deserve a MNC this season. 

I know I’m in the minority but I vote for MD.  I’ll take BG if MD is too much of an ask.  I’ve always wanted the best team, within reason, to win the MNC.  

if Bosco weren’t a 2 or 3 team, then that loss would be tough to overcome, but losing a rivalry game against 1 of the 4 best teams and avenging it so unequivocally…

7 minutes ago, Scott Coffee said:

Not exactly true, Massey has BG at number 14 SOS, IMG is not even in the top 25 in same metric.

Every human, opinion poll + HSFA has SJP ranked higher than Cen10. CP and Massey computer algorithms are the only outliers. @misterfootball Top 50 Composite Rankings come out tomorrow. Stay tuned! 

11 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Every human, opinion poll + HSFA has SJP ranked higher than Cen10. CP and Massey computer algorithms are the only outliers. @misterfootball Top 50 Composite Rankings come out tomorrow. Stay tuned! 

I am not vouching for the viability or accuracy of any of the polls, but you made a blanket statement that does not track reality : "according to every metric out there, IMG played a tougher schedule..."

I simply gave counter example when you challenged us to " Pick your poison"---  CalPreps has Centennial and Corner Canyon as #4  and #6, both higher than IMG (#8) and way higher than SJP. 

The point here not that Cal Preps is the be all / end all, but that any of us can selectively pick facts from a single poll to support our position, something you seem ready willing and able to due in hopes of legitimizing IMG as #1 , but as someone already pointed out you appear to be alone with that pick.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Or just take the best win from each? No matter which way you spin it, IMG wins out. 

To be honest it's BG or MD @Bodysurf this guy is a IMG/east coast lover and hater of BG and west coast when we have the best football on the west coast 

You can't take 3 teams over there and beat our 3 best over here 

P.S. we never playing IMG 

Keep YOUR natty we don't want it 

In the real polls it's BG/MD 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Antt said:

To be honest it's BG or MD @Bodysurf this guy is a IMG/east coast lover and hater of BG and west coast when we have the best football on the west coast 

You can't take 3 teams over there and beat our 3 best over here 

P.S. we never playing IMG 

Keep YOUR natty we don't want it 

In the real polls it's BG/MD 

LOL BG, MD, Cen10, and SJB are all PGL clients. I have no biases. I love my all clients equally just like my kids. It's not too much to ask a power private like BG to play at least one top-notch private program each season? Plus, your D stunk up the joint this season. You gave-up 42 points to a team from freaking UT! IMG, MD, SJB and C-M would all beat you this season. Several Head Coaches have told me such confidentially. Hence, why you were ranked #5 by both us and Massey last week. Enjoy your 1/3 share of the title. 

6 minutes ago, Bodysurf said:

@GardenStateBaller I give you credit too for being willing to be on an island by yourself thinking IMG is #1. 
This is great healthy debate and the reason for forums like this. We all have our own opinions that we will defend.

This is what our site is all about. Healthy Debates with passionate and knowledgeable fans rather than the hateful and vitriolic fighting from cancer-like posters like on other sites. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

LOL BG, MD, Cen10, and SJB are all PGL clients. I have no biases. I love my all clients equally just like my kids. It's not too much to ask a power private like BG to play at least one top-notch private program each season? Plus, your D stunk up the joint this season. You gave-up 42 points to a team from freaking UT! IMG, MD, SJB and C-M would all beat you this season. Several Head Coaches have told me such confidentially. Hence, why you were ranked #5 by both us and Massey last week. Enjoy your 1/3 share of the title. 

I wouldn't be too quick to point to Massey for back-up---that had IMG all the way down at #8. 

SJP, the big IMG win you keep pointing, to was ranked  #25---lower than either Centennial or Corner Canyon. 

Edited by Scott Coffee
  • Haha 1