Healthy Debate: IMG vs BG for #1

4 minutes ago, Omaha Vol said:

Everyone knows SJP is ranked ahead of Cen10, but they sure as hell wouldn’t beat Cen10 by 28 points. 

Nobody's knows that unless the game is played. Did you know Kahuku was going to beat SJB? Did you know Camden County was going to beat Mill Creek? That's why the games need to be played. 

14 hours ago, Omaha Vol said:

Those 4 loses were all to top 20 ranked teams by a combined 13 points. MC is a top 25 team themselves and could easily have been 12-0. BG scheduling them (your defending national champs) doesn’t seem like chickening out to me. Cen10 is a legit top 25 team and BG smoked them. Corner Canyon is another top 25 team that BG smoked by 3 TDs. Would BG have beaten Mater Dei in Santa Ana, who knows? I don’t think it’s too far fetched to think they could have. Personally, I think it would’ve been 50/50. That’s why they are the top 2 teams in my poll. 

The top 5 in my poll are BG, MD, SJB, IMG and C-M. I think that any one of them could beat the other on any given day. 

This is powerful stuff.  

14 hours ago, GardenStateBaller said:

MD and SJB aren't in our mix because we require our #1 to be undefeated. Hence, it's BG vs IMG. Several coaches I speak to regularly were very critical of BGs D this season. Hence, why they're #5 in our rankings behind IMG, MD, SJB and C-M, who handled MC much easier than BG. 

So the MNC debate is between 1 and 5?  BG is either 1 … or 5?

49 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

This is not college football. The vast majority of the nine, national HSFB pollsters are sole proprietors. 

Avoiding the question doesn't answer the question....does "sole proprietor" mean single voter?  If so just own up to it.  

That said, if your poll is single voter why keep referring to "our poll"?

As to "vast majority", the term is misleading when what you are talking about is only a handful of polls total.  Take algorithms out the mix ( CalPreps, Massey, HSFA(?)) that leaves 6 National polls---Blue Star is a single, your poll might be---that leaves Max-preps, ESPN, USA today and SI. 

Is your claim that  MP, ESPN, USA Today and SI are all single voter?  Otherwise, while I appreciate your zeal and having this forum as a marketplace of ideas,  I am not seeing your "Vast majority" claim.

Edited by Scott Coffee
  • Haha 1

43 minutes ago, Scott Coffee said:

Avoiding the question doesn't answer the question....does "sole proprietor" mean single voter?  If so just own up to it.  

That said, if your poll is single voter why keep referring to "our poll"?

As to "vast majority", the term is misleading when what you are talking about is only a handful of polls total.  Take algorithms out the mix ( CalPreps, Massey, HSFA(?)) that leaves 6 National polls---Blue Star is a single, your poll might be---that leaves Max-preps, ESPN, USA today and SI. 

Is your claim that  MP, ESPN, USA Today and SI are all single voter?  Otherwise, while I appreciate your zeal and having this forum as a marketplace of ideas,  I am not seeing your "Vast majority" claim.

Me avoid a question? You don't know me that well! 

MP= Zack Poff

HSFB= Jeff Fisher

NHSFB= yours truly

Massey= Ken Massey

CalPreps= Ned Freeman

These are the five polls I know of that are created and managed by one individual. 5/9 is a majority if my math is correct. It could be a greater majority as I do not know how the other four operate. Hope this helps to educate you. 

45 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Me avoid a question? You don't know me that well! 

MP= Zack Poff

HSFB= Jeff Fisher

NHSFB= yours truly

Massey= Ken Massey

CalPreps= Ned Freeman

These are the five polls I know of that are created and managed by one individual. 5/9 is a majority if my math is correct. It could be a greater majority as I do not know how the other four operate. Hope this helps to educate you. 

I think the attempt here is to mis-educate, but I appreciate your effort.

As I said before, the "vast " reference misleading---the only instance where 5 of 9 might be described as a "vast" majority is by someone trying to sell something.

The question being avoided is not who manages the polls, but rather how many voters participate---are you saying that 5 polls you cite are single voter?   I suspect this isn't the case, hence the need to switch the narrative from number of voters/participants to number of mangers/creators. 

If you are the only voter in your poll just say as much. 

• Like 1

This weekend, Glenville (OH) won State. Last weekend, Ben Davis (IN) won State. Next weekend, when St. Joseph's (PA) wins (I'm predicting they'll defeat North Allegheny), IMG will have defeated THREE State Champions. 

Bishop Gorman: one -  Corner Canyon (UT)

Mater Dei:  one - Kahuku (HI)

St. John Bosco: one - St. Thomas Aquinas (I'm predicting they defeat Homestead)

Chaminade-Madonna: one - Bergen Catholic (NJ)

6 hours ago, misterfootball said:

This weekend, Glenville (OH) won State. Last weekend, Ben Davis (IN) won State. Next weekend, when St. Joseph's (PA) wins (I'm predicting they'll defeat North Allegheny), IMG will have defeated THREE State Champions. 

Tell us you think we are stupid without telling us you think we are stupid.

Wake me up when IMG beats a state champion from a power state.  I'd even settle for beating one of the state champions in their own state.  

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Sammy Swordsman said:

Tell us you think we are stupid without telling us you think we are stupid.

Wake me up when IMG beats a state champion from a power state.  I'd even settle for beating one of the state champions in their own state.  

Nobody from CA, TX and FL will schedule them. That fact will NEVER EVER hurt IMG in our poll. Actually, it'll ALWAYS help them!! #nocowardsallowed 

1 hour ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Nobody from CA, TX and FL will schedule them. That fact will NEVER EVER hurt IMG in our poll. Actually, it'll ALWAYS help them!! #nocowardsallowed 

Mater Dei scheduled them and won.  Cen10 rolled up (7) TD's on IMG.  Calif schools are not "afraid" to schedule IMG.  You can get that thought out of your head right now.

Until IMG conforms to the rules and bylaws that ALL the other high schools have to conform with, the CIF won't allow Calif schools to play IMG anymore.   This should not be held against the individual Calif schools.

• Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, Sammy Swordsman said:

Mater Dei scheduled them and won.  Cen10 rolled up (7) TD's on IMG.  Calif schools are not "afraid" to schedule IMG.  You can get that thought out of your head right now.

Until IMG conforms to the rules and bylaws that ALL the other high schools have to conform with, the CIF won't allow Calif schools to play IMG anymore.   This should not be held against the individual Calif schools.

Those games were played years ago. Stay in the present!! The MNC will ALWAYS go through teams like IMG, SJB, BG and MD. Be undefeated at the end of every season and you may have a shot of winning our beautiful trophy! #nocowardsallowed 

#1 2023.jpg

2 hours ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Those games were played years ago. Stay in the present!! The MNC will ALWAYS go through teams like IMG, SJB, BG and MD. Be undefeated at the end of every season and you may have a shot of winning our beautiful trophy! #nocowardsallowed 

#1 2023.jpg

Speaking of games played "awhile ago"...... last year you gave the MNC to Miami Central for a game they won in August.

13 hours ago, misterfootball said:

Word. 

22 hours ago, SeaShells21 said:

2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

Uuhmm, Sir.

Someone from California, Florida, and Texas have played IMG in each of these years for at least 10 years now.

I'm talking 2023 and beyond. We both know that CA and TX refuse to schedule IMG. And kudos to the few FL publics that scheduled IMG this season. But if any team is truly interested in winning a Natty, you'll never accomplish such by avoiding IMG. Not in our poll, anyways. That was my point. 

2 hours ago, GardenStateBaller said:

I'm talking 2023 and beyond. We both know that CA and TX refuse to schedule IMG. And kudos to the few FL publics that scheduled IMG this season. But if any team is truly interested in winning a Natty, you'll never accomplish such by avoiding IMG. That was my point. Not in our poll, anyways. 

So what you are now openly stating is that your poll is basically just a scheduling vehicle for IMG.  

I

11 minutes ago, Sammy Swordsman said:

So what you are now openly stating is that your poll is basically just a scheduling vehicle for IMG.  

I

Nope. What I'm saying is that to be in consideration for a MNC you need to be 1. undefeated and 2. have at least one win vs an elite, OOS team. This is exactly the same exact thought-process that awarded MC with their MNC last season.