Texas News & Info

2 hours ago, Devildog said:

It's not a Red Herring.  This is a Fact No TX Power that lost OOS Went on and won State.

True but it’s not because they couldn’t be beaten which seems to be what you’re implying and that’s the red herring.IF WL or NS plays MD last year they lose

34 minutes ago, 1Since71 said:

True but it’s not because they couldn’t be beaten which seems to be what you’re implying and that’s the red herring.IF WL or NS plays MD last year they lose

I don't go on assumptions ever.  I never said we can't be beaten.  We have lost OOS.  I base things off of facts and history provide the Facts.  If WL or NS had played and lost to MD history would prove neither was good enough to Win Texas.  Go back and see where the Texas #1 Team finished in all of those Fake National Polls.  You will find them ahead of the team that lost OOS.  IF ET would have lost to DLS they would not have won State.  Our Publics have more State Championships on our wall than any State.  Please post all the Cali Publics that have beat one OOS Champ.  I will wait.   Tx is unfairly judged when history says we are A dominate State vs. OOS powers.  Yes we have lost against them.  That's expected.  But when we do You find we usually lose in State worse with only about 3 exceptions.  MD beating Dville was a good win.  Dville went out and repeated history the last 20 years.  They didn't win State.  

Matter of fact post  Significant OOS wins by  Cali Public's in the last 15 years   This should be great.  We don't stand on 2 Teams to be our representative.  I know Ga beat one of them and I'm pretty sure Poly has taken a few beat downs.   I'm not mocking. I just want to see all of their significant OOS games with your Publics.   But the Falsehood is we don't play OOS games. 

Edited by Devildog
  • Like 2

59 minutes ago, Devildog said:

I don't go on assumptions ever.  I never said we can't be beaten.  We have lost OOS.  I base things off of facts and history provide the Facts.  If WL or NS had played and lost to MD history would prove neither was good enough to Win Texas.  Go back and see where the Texas #1 Team finished in all of those Fake National Polls.  You will find them ahead of the team that lost OOS.  IF ET would have lost to DLS they would not have won State.  Our Publics have more State Championships on our wall than any State.  Please post all the Cali Publics that have beat one OOS Champ.  I will wait.   Tx is unfairly judged when history says we are A dominate State vs. OOS powers.  Yes we have lost against them.  That's expected.  But when we do You find we usually lose in State worse with only about 3 exceptions.  MD beating Dville was a good win.  Dville went out and repeated history the last 20 years.  They didn't win State.  

Matter of fact post  Significant OOS wins by  Cali Public's in the last 15 years   This should be great.  We don't stand on 2 Teams to be our representative.  I know Ga beat one of them and I'm pretty sure Poly has taken a few beat downs.   I'm not mocking. I just want to see all of their significant OOS games with your Publics.   But the Falsehood is we don't play OOS games. 

Related, but not what you're asking:

In 2016 Cen10s only two losses were to IMG 50-49 and SJB 49-47. Great games! 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, SeaShells21 said:

If I may, I don’t want to impose but I recently responded to one of our Californian friends regarding my views of Texas depth and why it may be discussed the way it is: 

My idea of Texas depth is we always have a set list of (1.) ‘Texas state powers’ in their respective classes who have earned their title as such through years and even decades of consistent dominance. 

Katy, Mart, Aledo, Southlake Carroll, Lake Travis, Argyle, Denton Ryan, Allen, West Orange Stark, Richland Springs, Highland Park, etc.

[Once Euless Trinity, Judson, Canadian, Celina, Tyler, La Marque, Dangerfield etc.] 

and there is always an interchanging pool of (3.) ‘Non-powers’ who rise into the rank of (2.) City powers. The City powers are teams who are yearly consistently dangerous and capable of taking down a state power.

Atascocita, DeSoto, Ridge Point, Cedar Hill, Rockwall, Dickinson, Denton Guyer, Heath, Newton, La Vega, Stratford, Stamford, Liberty Hill, Ennis, etc.

[Once Cy-Fair, Cy-Ranch, Pearland, Cibolo Steele, etc.]

What’s even more interesting about this is a Texas City power can play an out of state game; lose:

Skyline (Tx.) 3 - St. Thomas Aquinas 31

then turn around and get destroyed by another Texas city power team, or Texas state power.

Skyline 0 - DeSoto 38

DeSoto 29 - IMG Academy 47

DeSoto 26 - Martin (Tx.) 46

Or the Texas team can beat an OOS opponent just as much as a national power. Go figure.

Carroll 21 - Miami Northwestern 29

Carroll 21 - Abilene 22

Carroll 49 - Rockwall 42

Cypress Bay (Fl.) 6 - Katy 31

Cypress Bay (Fl.) 0 - St. Thomas Aquinas 36

Plant (Fl.) 17 - Abilene (Tx.) 27

Plant (Fl.) 7 - St. Thomas Aquinas 29

Madison (Tx.) 6 - Miami Central 48

Madison (Tx.) 13 - Carthage 42

Booker T.W. (Fl.) 40 - Cedar Hill 21

Allen (Tx.) 37 - Cedar Hill 20

Katy (Tx.) 35 - Cedar Hill 24

IMG Academy 69 - Prestonwood (Tx.) 36

Bishop Dunne (Tx.) 42 - Prestonwood 10

St. Thomas Aquinas 41 - Viera 10

Allen (Tx.) 56 - Viera 20

Buford (Ga.) 42 - Timberview (Tx.) 21

Stephenville (Tx.) 42 - Timberview 21

Everman (Tx.) 56 - Stephenville 3

DeMatha 47 - Eastern C.A. 26

St. Peter’s Prep 41 - Eastern C.A. 14

St. Edward 35 - Eastern C.A. 6

Coppell 42 - Eastern C.A. 2

DeSoto 54 - Eastern C.A. 34

Euless Trinity 41 - Eastern C.A. 32

Colerain (Oh.) 27 - Tyler Lee 12

Euless Trinity (Tx.) 43 - Tyler Lee 14

Colerain was the defending national champion before the year they chose to come to Texas.

St. Edward, St. Peter’s Prep and DeMatha were all ranked number #1 in their states; St. Edward and St. Peter’s prep won state titles in their states and St. Edward was ranked number #3 in the nation.

Coppell (Tx.) was 6-5 and Euless Trinity and DeSoto both lost in playoffs to Kyler Murray and his Allen.

Buford was an undefeated state champion ranked #2 in their state. Stephenville lost to Aledo, Guyer, a team named Everman (2x) 56 - 3, and 27 - 24 before Everman lost in their state championship game to Sulphur Springs 47 - 34.

I think you get it:

St Thomas Aquinas was an undefeated state champion and ranked #3 in Florida in 2015. 

Allen lost in their semifinal to Westlake, who lost in the 6A D1 state championship to North Shore.

Booker T Washington was ranked number #2 in Florida and number #15 in the nation. 

Cedar Hill lost to Allen and Katy who won 5A D1 and 5A D2 that year. Katy faced Cedar Hill in their championship.

Miami Central was a 1-loss state champion the year they faced Madison (Tx).  Before Carthage ran the tables and won state while knocking Madison out of the playoffs; they were blown out twice in Texas.

Nacogdoches 41 - Carthage 20

Chapel Hill 46 - Carthage 14

The final three involving number #1 state ranked St. Thomas Aquinas and #2 state ranked Miami Northwestern involve Florida state champions being matched by Texas teams who did not win state.

Southlake Carroll lost in round 3 to Abilene while a 6-5 Rockwall lost in the first round in 2007.

Katy lost during their 5A D2 state championship game to Abilene 28 - 17 in 2009

and Southlake Carroll got revenge on Abilene in 2010 by taking them down in the third round.

I know this is an oh so long post;

but I just believed this was a fun and interesting way to allow you to wonder; does Texas really have anything to prove, to anyone, anywhere?

When it seems our powers; whatever tier they may be in [(1.), (2.), or (3.)] can match or outmatch the untouchable powers of the nation?

You and @Devildog nailed this topic.  Very thorough 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, SeaShells21 said:

If I may, I don’t want to impose but I recently responded to one of our Californian friends regarding my views of Texas depth and why it may be discussed the way it is: 

My idea of Texas depth is we always have a set list of (1.) ‘Texas state powers’ in their respective classes who have earned their title as such through years and even decades of consistent dominance. 

Katy, Mart, Aledo, Southlake Carroll, Lake Travis, Argyle, Denton Ryan, Allen, West Orange Stark, Richland Springs, Highland Park, etc.

[Once Euless Trinity, Judson, Canadian, Celina, Tyler, La Marque, Dangerfield etc.] 

and there is always an interchanging pool of (3.) ‘Non-powers’ who rise into the rank of (2.) City powers. The City powers are teams who are yearly consistently dangerous and capable of taking down a state power.

Atascocita, DeSoto, Ridge Point, Cedar Hill, Rockwall, Dickinson, Denton Guyer, Heath, Newton, La Vega, Stratford, Stamford, Liberty Hill, Ennis, etc.

[Once Cy-Fair, Cy-Ranch, Pearland, Cibolo Steele, etc.]

What’s even more interesting about this is a Texas City power can play an out of state game; lose:

Skyline (Tx.) 3 - St. Thomas Aquinas 31

then turn around and get destroyed by another Texas city power team, or Texas state power.

Skyline 0 - DeSoto 38

DeSoto 29 - IMG Academy 47

DeSoto 26 - Martin (Tx.) 46

Or the Texas team can beat an OOS opponent just as much as a national power. Go figure.

Carroll 21 - Miami Northwestern 29

Carroll 21 - Abilene 22

Carroll 49 - Rockwall 42

Cypress Bay (Fl.) 6 - Katy 31

Cypress Bay (Fl.) 0 - St. Thomas Aquinas 36

Plant (Fl.) 17 - Abilene (Tx.) 27

Plant (Fl.) 7 - St. Thomas Aquinas 29

Madison (Tx.) 6 - Miami Central 48

Madison (Tx.) 13 - Carthage 42

Booker T.W. (Fl.) 40 - Cedar Hill 21

Allen (Tx.) 37 - Cedar Hill 20

Katy (Tx.) 35 - Cedar Hill 24

IMG Academy 69 - Prestonwood (Tx.) 36

Bishop Dunne (Tx.) 42 - Prestonwood 10

St. Thomas Aquinas 41 - Viera 10

Allen (Tx.) 56 - Viera 20

Buford (Ga.) 42 - Timberview (Tx.) 21

Stephenville (Tx.) 42 - Timberview 21

Everman (Tx.) 56 - Stephenville 3

DeMatha 47 - Eastern C.A. 26

St. Peter’s Prep 41 - Eastern C.A. 14

St. Edward 35 - Eastern C.A. 6

Coppell 42 - Eastern C.A. 2

DeSoto 54 - Eastern C.A. 34

Euless Trinity 41 - Eastern C.A. 32

Colerain (Oh.) 27 - Tyler Lee 12

Euless Trinity (Tx.) 43 - Tyler Lee 14

Colerain was the defending national champion before the year they chose to come to Texas.

St. Edward, St. Peter’s Prep and DeMatha were all ranked number #1 in their states; St. Edward and St. Peter’s prep won state titles in their states and St. Edward was ranked number #3 in the nation.

Coppell (Tx.) was 6-5 and Euless Trinity and DeSoto both lost in playoffs to Kyler Murray and his Allen.

Buford was an undefeated state champion ranked #2 in their state. Stephenville lost to Aledo, Guyer, a team named Everman (2x) 56 - 3, and 27 - 24 before Everman lost in their state championship game to Sulphur Springs 47 - 34.

I think you get it:

St Thomas Aquinas was an undefeated state champion and ranked #3 in Florida in 2015. 

Allen lost in their semifinal to Westlake, who lost in the 6A D1 state championship to North Shore.

Booker T Washington was ranked number #2 in Florida and number #15 in the nation. 

Cedar Hill lost to Allen and Katy who won 5A D1 and 5A D2 that year. Katy faced Cedar Hill in their championship.

Miami Central was a 1-loss state champion the year they faced Madison (Tx).  Before Carthage ran the tables and won state while knocking Madison out of the playoffs; they were blown out twice in Texas.

Nacogdoches 41 - Carthage 20

Chapel Hill 46 - Carthage 14

The final three involving number #1 state ranked St. Thomas Aquinas and #2 state ranked Miami Northwestern involve Florida state champions being matched by Texas teams who did not win state.

Southlake Carroll lost in round 3 to Abilene while a 6-5 Rockwall lost in the first round in 2007.

Katy lost during their 5A D2 state championship game to Abilene 28 - 17 in 2009

and Southlake Carroll got revenge on Abilene in 2010 by taking them down in the third round.

I know this is an oh so long post;

but I just believed this was a fun and interesting way to allow you to wonder; does Texas really have anything to prove, to anyone, anywhere?

When it seems our powers; whatever tier they may be in [(1.), (2.), or (3.)] can match or outmatch the untouchable powers of the nation?

You just buttressed what I was saying and providing context..  Saved me time. Thanks Now I don't have to post the other ones after I did Allen and ET domination OOS and failing in State.  Thanks hell to a few years ago when MD stomped BG.  The worse loss in BG history prior to that MD loss was to a stacked 4A Gilmer that had 3 future NFL players.  

If I include Longview it's like 25 State Champs or runner ups beaten by Texas Privates.  4A Stephenville best 6A Dillard and the Alaska big School Champ Anchorage South 38 - 0.  4A Gilmer in beat Richwood .La 39 - 0 worse than National #5 Bastrop beat them 34 - 12 two weeks later.  Everman when a 3A power split a series with Oklahoma 6A power at the time Lawton Eisenhower.  The 4A guys have showed out.  PG and Paris destroyed 6A Arky High in the last 3 years

• Thanks 1

Just now, Texasball said:

You can’t find 5 power privates that are truly competitive with with MD or IMG.

IMG got throttled by SFA the last two times they played. Both games were over by halftime. No-name St Thomas More out of Connecticut only lost to IMG last season 24-14. Auburn AL hung with IMG for three quarters only to lose 27-17. 

Last season Cent10 only lost to MD 21-16. Servite only lost to MD by 9. No team in HSFB is invincible. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, GardenStateBaller said:

IMG got throttled by SFA the last two times they played. Both games were over by halftime. No-name St Thomas More out of Connecticut only lost to IMG last season 24-14. Auburn AL hung with IMG for three quarters only to lose 27-17. 

Last season Cent10 only lost to MD 21-16. Servite only lost to MD by 9. No team in HSFB is invincible. 

Maybe IMG is starting to drop.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Related, but not what you're asking:

In 2016 Cen10s only two losses were to IMG 50-49 and SJB 49-47. Great games! 

You're the OOS guru.  Show me one of the power States that can match the Texas publics OOS resume.  

Mad respect for Cen10 and Cali ball overall.  Now how many OOS games have Cen10. Oceanside. Helix, Grant. Poly, played against OOS powers including Privates?  Please include any Cali Public powerhouses I missed.  Texans bout to destroy these OOS myths that we don't play them. What we don't do is travel and there are several reasons.  Including that we've been to CA, FL, WA, AZ. NM, OK, AR. LA

EL Paso Del Valle traveled to El Centro Ca. This past year Which is closer to them than traveling to the DFW.

• Like 1

I followed Abilene very close in 2010

they played 

Franklington LA - State Champ - beat them 35-20 -  Abilene took way too many injuries in this game that hurt them for several more weeks.  Playing chunk of this game with out RB Sims who was really good 

next - payed Cocoa FL in Desoto - got beat by Cocoa 24-21. Close game with injuries- Cocoa went unbeaten won state.

next played Plant on National TV - Plant came into the game ranked #1 nationally in some polls -  Abilene playing without some really good players beat Plant 27-17- plant got beat in Finals by STA also got beat by Armwood - both good teams

Abilene went on and got beat 3 more times by Longview, Abilene Cooper,  SLC

This Abilene team probably only gets beat one time had they not got so many injuries.  

• Like 1

2012 was cool season

i followed Trinity out to Seattle for the OT game Bellevue won vs Trinity.  Was not impressed with this Trinity team - mainly the little RB 

keep in Mind Bellevue finished highly national ranked top 8

The very next week Tulsa Union gave Trinity great game - Trinity won 21-18 this game was super close and very hard hitting.

The Next week Desoto beat Trinity 42-21

Jenks ended up winning the title in Oklahoma.  Union and Jenks played twice splitting the games - Jenks won the playoff game.  Desoto beat Jenks 52-27

point is national rankings show Bellevue so good.  I am here to tell both Union and Jenks having seen all 3 in back to back weeks, they were equal to Bellevue!!!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Texasball said:

Yes and the Texas State Champ beat the Ohio state champ in roughly 1939 for the national championship.

Waco High School traveled to Ohio in 1927 for Post Season game that determined the national championship

Waco vs Notre Dame Cathedral Latin HS - Waco High won that game 44-12

• Like 2

1 hour ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Moeller was traveling to CA (Servite) and MD (DeMatha) in the 80s. 

Let me give you a little history lesson.

My HS girl friends dad gave me Jerry Faust book that detailed his time at Moeller and his move to ND 

In 77 he played team from NY in Ohio and in 1978 Dallas Jesuit traveled up there and give them pretty good game.  
i will assure you in 78’ Jesuit was not Texas Power House as was claimed in the book.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Texasball said:

Let me give you a little history lesson.

My HS girl friends dad gave me Jerry Faust book that detailed his time at Moeller and his move to ND 

In 77 he played team from NY in Ohio and in 1978 Dallas Jesuit traveled up there and give them pretty good game.  
i will assure you in 78’ Jesuit was not Texas Power House as was claimed in the book.

During that era Jesuit was getting beat by UIL Greenville and Lewisville 

I doubt very seriously they wanted any part of Odessa Permian or Plano HS 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Moeller was traveling to CA (Servite) and MD (DeMatha) in the 80s. 

Those games were played at Nippert Stadium. Saw a clip of Faust welcoming Jerry Franks and the DeMatha squad at the Cincinnati airport. Pretty sure Buerlein and Servite headed east for the 82 game.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, JCGIII said:

Those games were played at Nippert Stadium. Saw a clip of Faust welcoming Jerry Franks and the DeMatha squad at the Cincinnati airport. Pretty sure Buerlein and Servite headed east for the 82 game.

My best friend was a member of the Moe team that played DeMatha. This weekend he’s being inducted into the University of Dayton HOF. He was a D3 All-American for the Flyers. 

• Like 1