Texas News & Info

20 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

It sure is interesting for a state you think is trending down you want to get involved in more with OOS games.  

11 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

They are, it’s a local thing for SA.  They’re not interested in statewide for this much less national. 

Yeah no OOS team is gonna bring the fans as the locals. Some people/cities/teams/admins etc could care less about some huge attraction from the outside. 

OOS events should be left to the people that have a desire and commitment to create that type of product. 

1 minute ago, Nolebull813 said:

Yeah no OOS team is gonna bring the fans as the locals. Some people/cities/teams/admins etc could care less about some huge attraction from the outside. 

OOS events should be left to the people that have a desire and commitment to create that type of product. 

Agree, there are a few in Texas that want it, focus on them. A lot of these communities want to strengthen the community support for these games.  Fan bases want it too for the most part because covid has isolated kept people indoors.  This is a way to bring them back out, and support local restaurants etc 

• Like 2

Agree, there are a few in Texas that want it, focus on them. A lot of these communities want to strengthen the community support for these games.  Fan bases want it too for the most part because covid has isolated kept people indoors.  This is a way to bring them back out, and support local restaurants etc 

It’s a great idea. What more can you ask for if you are a fan of any of these teams? 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, GardenStateBaller said:

I'm volunteering my efforts to reverse those trends!! 

Stop the BS - nothing has changed in HS football except there is handful of teams from around the country that are super recruited up acting like they are super coached and doing something special.

Those schools are bad for their states and bad for High School Football and they are all vomit private schools playing by different rules while poaching players from all over and hiding their unethical recruiting habits behind some religious affiliation.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, pied said:

lol, there is a ton that has changed in HS football. The specialization, the amount of money and time spent on strength and conditioning, the facilities arms race(particularly in Texas), the focus and improvements in offense, the de-emphasis and worsening of defense (particularly in Texas), the explosion of personal position private training, in addition to the amount of teams willing to travel across the country. 

Curious as to what crosses the line and examples of “unethical recruiting habits”?

Many of the TX elites are not keeping up with the Joneses nationally. So instead of adjusting how they operate in this new, modern-era of HSFB, their fans play the blame game and bad mouth other prominent programs around the county that are flourishing. Not a good look if you ask me.  

25 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Many of the TX elites are not keeping up with the Joneses nationally. So instead of adjusting how they operate in this new, modern-era of HSFB, they play the blame game and bad mouth other prominent programs around the county that are flourishing. Not a good look if you ask me.  

So Jon Kay, Todd Dodge and Gary Joseph bad mouthed other prominent programs? 

40 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

No! Talking about TX posters on these national boards.

Ok, you stated Texas elites, then used “they”.

Regardless, those are a few fans.  Fan bases have their opinions.  Not all bad mouthed, You only have maybe 4-5 active Texans on the site and I read seashell’s compliments of SJB. 

Edited by Horsefly

47 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

40573564-13B2-4D55-B3F6-C557400B232B.jpeg

Excellent, let’s see what soc says. And hopefully, get them a competitive (not under or over matched) opponent.

I’d like to see a doubleheader with them and parish episcopal next year, otherwise their schedule will just be a home swap of this years (2022) schedule  

Edited by Horsefly

Excellent, let’s see what soc says. And hopefully, get them a competitive (not under or over matched) opponent.

I’d like to see a doubleheader with them and parish episcopal next year, otherwise their schedule will just be a home swap of this years (2022) schedule  

I emailed the HC too. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

I emailed the HC too. 

Parish episcopal has hit their ceiling with private (TAPPS) schools here,  they have nothing else to prove with 3 consecutive TAPPS titles. Another program that may be willing to broaden OOS.  Daniel Novakov is the HC 

Edited by Horsefly
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, GardenStateBaller said:

How about Prestonwood Christian? The old Valor Christian HC is there now. 

Haven’t heard too much from them, maybe he’s gotten some talent to transfer, but I think it may take him a season or 2 to get things going. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

9/2 vs Bryant AR! 

I’ll take Ryan comfortably.  Bryant struggled in a loss to Longview last year, on the road,  and barely beat trinity Christian cedar hill at home in ‘20

Edited by Horsefly