Texas News & Info

3 minutes ago, WILKINSON said:

I’m not arguing that there’s not more than 12 good teams in DFW. I reside in this metroplex. I’m familiar with the teams in my backyard. I stay in the Argyle/Flower Mound area so this is my neck of the woods. 

I was just making it easier for non Texans to know where the most preeminent teams are from. It’s easy to get lost with the amount of talented teams there is in this state. 

One team that I thought has always had potential is South Grand Prairie. Remember who Duncanville was before Samples? Yeah, that’s basically South Grand Prairie. They have talent, just need someone to steer them in the right direction. But then again, that’s a recurring theme with a lot of programs. 

SGP typically plays solid football.  

They beat Trinity when DLS couldn’t lol

On 2/25/2022 at 11:33 PM, Devildog said:

TX actually has a long history of OOS games.  We are a public State and I dont know of any other public State that has played these teams the last 17 years.  Bellevue 2x, STA, Cocoa 2x, East UT, Bingham UT, Shiloh Christian, ECA, LA, ECA, DE,  Bellevue 2x, IMG 3x, DLS, MD, SJC (DC), LaSalle, OH, St. Joe's, PA, JC, LA, Buford, GA, Jenks, Union. Broken Arrow, Bixby, Salpointe  Catholic, AZ, Anchorage South, Ak, Venice, Fl, Hoover, Al, Dutch Fork, SC, Olive Branch, MS, Bryant, AR, Rockhurst, MO, Miramar, Fl, Dillard, Fl, BTW, Fl, Plant, Fl.  Off the top of my head.  But people think Texas avoids OOS.  We don't.  The coaches dont like to travel.  Many of these teams are State champs or runner ups.  If I add our Privates it's a lot more.  To include IL, TN and others

Just curious…how many of those games were actually played out of state? 

45 minutes ago, Omaha Vol said:

Just curious…how many of those games were actually played out of state? 

Jenks, union, glades Central, Bentonville, Bellevue, Salpointe Catholic, Bryant Ar. Colerain, Howland, WM, JC ECA, La.  Off my head are teams played on the road.  We are a public State.  No public's go running all over the country.  Our Privates have travelled all the way to Ireland and played an Illinois team.  I'm pretty sure no other States Publics have played that many National powers either home or road. 

SLC, Allen, Katy, Abilene, Desoto, Longview, Skyline, ET, WL, Steele, Dville.  Name Brand TX  powers have played damn near 55 OOS games.  They have notable losses.  But they have beaten multiple Champs or State runner ups.  Not looking it up.  None have more than 3 losses if memory serves me right.  Close to 40 wins among them

AL, AR, CA, FL, LA, OK, SC, UT, WA.  All State Champs or runnerups beaten by Texas.  AR, LA, OK and FL more than 2 beaten.  Pretty sure more than 15 of them.  Cedar Hill lost to BTW, BG and beat LaSalle, OH.  They have had the worst time vs OOS.  Not 1 that lost OOS went on to win State only 2 made it.  Dville last year and CH. 

Jenks, Union, Plant, DF, Hoover, DLS, JC, WM, Bentonville, Bellevue, Bingham,  Venice, FL. Chaminade Madonna, ECA, La.  Were either Champs or runnerups and beaten by TX non Champs mostly.  

Edited by Devildog
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, Texasball said:

Texas has played several on the road in Florida, Ok, LA, WA, OH

The last two OOS losses to IMG and MD by a combined 69 points just doesn't look good for a so-called "Power" state. Showing well this season should silence some of the critics. 

FYI....In 2021 the top public in CA, Cen10, only lost to MD by 5 point. 5 vs 42. 

36 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

The last two OOS losses to IMG and MD by a combined 69 points just doesn't look good for a so-called "Power" state. Showing well this season should silence some of the critics. 

FYI....In 2021 the top public in CA, Cen10, only lost to MD by 5 point. 5 vs 42. 

You keep bringing up Duncanville. They were not #1 in Texas. A matter of fact they never finished #1 under samples.   

how well do you think CA #2 public, mission Viejo, would have done vs MD? We know how well they did vs Cen10 (lost 62-16)

Just now, Horsefly said:

You keep bringing up Duncanville. They were not #1 in Texas. A matter of fact they never finished #1 under samples.   

how well do you think CA #2 public, mission Viejo, would have done vs MD? We know how well they did vs Cen10 (lost 62-16)

IMHO games bewteen the top teams from "Power" states should always be competitive. 

39 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

That’s bull shit.  Texas isn’t going anywhere just cause they got beat by recruiting 

7 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

IMHO games bewteen the top teams from "Power" states should always be competitive. 

no one is playing MD, not Florida not GA so that is a convenient excuse. And if they did they’d get waxed the same. 

Did you give Fla and state champ central a hard time for losing to a much weaker SJB 35-12 last year?  

5 hours ago, GardenStateBaller said:

When our State Champ loses, let us know.  Name a State that has beat more OOS Champs than Texas the last 15 yrs.  There is a Cali Big School Skin on our wall.  IMG is the only School that has played TX more than once and has not lost.  Arlington Martin beat Desoro worse before IMG played them.  Dville got topped by SLC.  WL was a clear #1. The year WL lost to Liberty, NV when 4* QB Sam was hurt and didn't play go look what LT did to WL.  So should a Power State Champ lose fo a 1st rd loser from another State.  The Ga big School champ lost 55 - 0 to power State Fl.  FL big School Champ,got smoked 38 - 3 vs Ga.  Funny no Texas Champ has lost OOS.  When a top TX team lose OOS they don't  win State.  SLC, DV, Skyline, Abilene, ET, CH, WL, Steele.  All State powers lost OOS,  now go see what happened to them in State.  A Young Skyline under Samples lost 38 - 3 STA.  Go see what happened in State to them in the playoffs.  CH lost to BG a game that got away in the 4th.  BG a great team.  Desoto beat them twice.  Abilene beat SLC after losing to MNW.  Here's the kicker these OOS teams were all time greats or among their best ever.  Yet in State teams beat our losing Team as much ot more in those loses 90% of the time.  You would have to beat every top 10 team in Texas to eventually beat our Champ.  DOESN'T HAPPEN HERE.  THE ONLY POWER STATE WITH THIS CLAIM.  Our non State Champs have over 11 OOS champs on our wall.   

Edited by Devildog
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Horsefly said:

no one is playing MD, not Florida not GA so that is a convenient excuse. And if they did they’d get waxed the same. 

Did you give Fla and state champ central a hard time for losing to a much weaker SJB 35-12 last year?  

Nothing but kudos to MC for keeping in close last season vs SJB and BG. 

48 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Nothing but kudos to MC for keeping in close last season vs SJB and BG. 

35-12 is not close and BG is not MD.  You’re very selective in who you criticize.

Did you criticize Central and Fla when SFA whipped central in ‘19 49-13?  Or did you offer nothing but kudos? (Central won state that year and finished #3 in fla) 

Edited by Horsefly
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, 1Since71 said:

Red Herring 

so you’re trying to convince us that if Westlake or NS had played MD they magically wouldn’t have won state.

It's not a Red Herring.  This is a Fact No TX Power that lost OOS Went on and won State.  History says if they are not good enough to win the OOS game regardless of Opponent they will not Win Tx.   DLS in 2015 smoked Cali but lost to 1st Round Loser ET.  That will never ever happen in Texas.  Hell 5A Lancaster played them just as tough as DLS.  Look at this

ET lost to South Grand Prairie barely beat 5A SOC and Abilene Cooper an OT game they won 36 - 30.  ET beat NS who won the weaker 6A Bracket.  NS also lost 2 other games to Texas Powers.  2015 Katy would have beat the Brakes off of DLS.  The true Texas #1 that year.  Those are facts.  Our #1 team will never be a team that lost an OOS game.  DLS was #1 in the Nation and destroyed Cali.  No other Power State can lay claim to this and our Powers have played damn near every National Power in the Country.  

Cedar Hill and DVille are the only 2 to make it to state after losing an OOS game.  So no excuse about none ever had a chance. 

Edited by Devildog
  • Like 2

Facts:  ET has an even greater Resume and won State once while kicking Ass OOS.  A look at Allen.  I will show Texas Powers one by one over the next few Days.  And the facts will become clear.  

Allen 8 - 0 vs. OOS for this will only show the US teams where they are 6 - 0 all time.  2 wins vs. Prepa Tech Mexico

2014 Allen beats SC 5A Runner up Dutch Fork.   Allen Wins 5A SC here

2015 Allen beats FL 7A Runner UP Viera.  Believe me they could have put 70 on them.  Allen loses to WL 23 -17 in the Playoffs. 

2016 Allen beats LA 5A Champ ECA, LA and AL 6A Champ Hoover.  Allen loses 36 -28 vs. The Woodlands in the Playoffs.

2018 Allen beats Utah Power East a team that has beaten DLS.  Allen loses to Dville in the Playoffs to Dville 41 -35.  

Evangel Christian Academy (Evangel Christian Academy, LA)    2-0    
9/8/2017 28-7 (W)
9/2/2016 45-10 (W)

East (East, UT)    1-0    
9/7/2018 52-20 (W)

Hoover (Hoover, AL)    1-0    
8/26/2016 25-7 (W)

Viera (Viera, FL)    1-0    
9/4/2015 56-20 (W)

Dutch Fork (Dutch Fork, SC)    1-0    
9/5/2014 58-53 (W)

• Like 2

These are our public powerhouses.  I will put this up against any States Publics.  They played 3 OOS teams that were considered among their best ever.   Bellevue, Jenks Bingham and DLS was their best team since the streak per the Cali Experts.  Bellevue on the road OT lost.  Desoto destroyed them 2 weeks later.  Jenks lost by 4 @ SLC Stadium.  

State champs they beat in Bold.  ET won State once here and that was  after beating Bingham.  Yet Allen and Cedar Hill beat them in the Regular Season.  😄 And a Miracle win over Westlake in State.   They beat CA, LA, UT, AR(2X) State Champs.  And got beat in State every damn year they played OOS.   Playing other States Best.   

Euless Trinity Trojans 8 - 3 vs OOS

John Curtis Christian (John Curtis Christian, LA)  9/1/2008 28-12 (W)

Bingham (Bingham, UT)  9/7/2009 42-21 (W)

Shiloh Christian (Shiloh Christian, AR)   9/6/2010 80-26 (W)

Bentonville (Bentonville, AR) 9/20/2013 21-13 (W)

Eastern Christian Academy (Eastern Christian Academy, MD)    8/29/2014 41-32 (W)

De La Salle (De La Salle, CA)  8/29/2015 26-21 (W)

Broken Arrow (Broken Arrow, OK)   8/26/2016 39-16 (W)

Union (Union, OK)  9/1/2017 38-7 (L):  9/8/2012 21-18 (W)  2017 Union OK Runner ups

Jenks (Jenks, OK)  9/7/2013 27-23 (L)  OK State Champs   Desoto beat ET 6 1 -35 the next week 

Bellevue (Bellevue, WA)  8/30/2012 31-24 (L)  WA State Champs  Desoto beat ET 42 - 21,  2 weeks later.  

Southlake Carroll on Deck.  Allen and ET are a combined 16 - 3 OOS and have multiple OOS Champions and runner ups on their Wall.  Yet only won State Twice combined.  Facts are just that facts. 

Edited by Devildog
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Horsefly said:

35-12 is not close and BG is not MD.  You’re very selective in who you criticize.

Did you criticize Central and Fla when SFA whipped central in ‘19 49-13?  Or did you offer nothing but kudos? (Central won state that year and finished #3 in fla) 

I'll continue to provide the opptys for today's top TX teams to prove themselves on a national stage. I'm hoping that 2002 is a banner year for you and yours. Truly.