Texas News & Info

On 7/18/2023 at 1:35 PM, Horsefly said:

They also aren’t bogged down with a lot of the BS public schools are dealing with, not to include beaucratic state and sometimes federal standards. 

My goddaughter is in a homeschool consortium and the standards and curriculum is way better than public school (focused on developing critical thinking skills instead of rote memory level test taking and she’s in 2d grade, also learning a second language). 

I think public schools could benefit from decentralization and put control solely at the district level.  

This is exactly what Carroll ISD is doing by leaving the TASB.

Carroll ISD votes to end membership with TASB | wfaa.com

Carroll Dragons Named National Speech & Debate Champions

Anbu Subramanian and Bailey Koh finished first at the National Speech & Debate Association Tournament.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Texasball said:

My stance on this goes back to bogus statement that GSB made concerning, the kid who transferred to Parish Episcopal School

What's wrong with Christian parents wanting their kids to go to private, parochial schools? Especially if they can afford it. Nobody ever said SLC was a shoddy school district. Leaving the SBA is a actually a great decision IMO. Will def keep some families from transferring long-term. 

On 7/19/2023 at 9:33 AM, Horsefly said:

I’m all for it, let it happen.  Parents should have more of a choice on where their kids attend school, for whatever reason, without penalty 

I don't agree with taking tax money from the public schools to pay for private business education.  "Private Schools"

Parents have had school choice all this time...If you don't like the public school system that you live in, there is plenty of private schools you as parent can pay for.

9 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

What's wrong with Christian parents wanting their kids to go to private, parochial schools? Especially if they can afford it. Nobody ever said SLC was a shoddy school district. Leaving the SBA is a actually a great decision IMO. Will def keep some families from transferring long-term. 

Nothing wrong with transferring - This is school choice IMO.  I am not for the voucher system that our weak ass governor is pushing that would take tax dollars from the public schools and give to the private school for tuition.

1 hour ago, Texasball said:

Nothing wrong with transferring - This is school choice IMO.  I am not for the voucher system that our weak ass governor is pushing that would take tax dollars from the public schools and give to the private school for tuition.

I disagree. If my child wants to go to Dallas Jesuit why should I pay that tuition PLUS the tax funds for my public school that I’m not utilizing? 

Be interesting to see what happens with this school. Trinity Leadership

Playing UIL 3A D2 for now all based on enrollment. This is old Trinity Christian CH which is now considered public with open enrollment.  They have another school in Arlington that stops in 8th grade.  Will be interesting to see what happens with this school moving forward.  

12 minutes ago, Texasball said:

Be interesting to see what happens with this school. Trinity Leadership

Playing UIL 3A D2 for now all based on enrollment. This is old Trinity Christian CH which is now considered public with open enrollment.  They have another school in Arlington that stops in 8th grade.  Will be interesting to see what happens with this school moving forward.  

This is where Deion coached? 

On 8/5/2023 at 1:03 PM, GardenStateBaller said:

The MIAA made SFA who they are. Another example of boycotts having the opposite intended effect! 

For now they got it going on.  Hopefully the donors don’t get pissed at them some day.  I still believe they are level down from the best recruited up privates and the program spends more money than they make.

4 minutes ago, Texasball said:

For now they got it going on.  Hopefully the donors don’t get pissed at them some day.  I still believe they are level down from the best recruited up privates and the program spends more money than they make.

SFAs donors are absolutely in love with them in every way. Love the coaches, love the mission, love the results. They are truly Baltimore's Team.