Texas News & Info

13 minutes ago, pied said:

Transfers are such a non-story in Texas that the Dallas Morning News has an article about it called "See how notable transfers fared in Week 1 of the Texas high school football season(The list includes four-star recruits Sael Reyes, Michael Hawkins and Kelvion Riggins)."

lol

https://www.dallasnews.com/high-school-sports/football/2023/08/29/see-how-notable-transfers-fared-in-week-1-of-the-texas-high-school-football-season/?outputType=amp

It was enough of a story that Dave Campbell's rag had a enlightening story about it in this year's edition.

https://www.texasfootball.com/article/2023/08/25/impactful-txhsfb-prospect-transfers-heading-into-2023?ref=article_preview_img

• Like 1

4 hours ago, GardenStateBaller said:

It was enough of a story that Dave Campbell's rag had a enlightening story about it in this year's edition.

https://www.texasfootball.com/article/2023/08/25/impactful-txhsfb-prospect-transfers-heading-into-2023?ref=article_preview_img

lol - yes, we have transfers.  Show me someone who has 8 D1 kids transfer in at the same time to the same school.  

Texans don’t give in to the bullshit lies and fake news concerning rankings.

For example this is by far the best team Duncanville has had and because they have prime time QB to go with top end talent around him this team is very very good.

I am so disappointed in this site & GSB for the bogus rankings and for the overall attitude about Texas.  It’s really sickening and truly everything comes from hate and biased attitude.

• Haha 1

Just now, Texasball said:

Texans don’t give in to the bullshit lies and fake news concerning rankings.

For example this is by far the best team Duncanville has had and because they have prime time QB to go with top end talent around him this team is very very good.

I am so disappointed in this site & GSB for the bogus rankings and for the overall attitude about Texas.  It’s really sickening and truly everything comes from hate and biased attitude.

As posted earlier national polls like CP and HSFA have TX teams ranked almost exactly where we do. So I guess you're disappointed in those polls too? 

42 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

As posted earlier national polls like CP and HSFA have TX teams ranked almost exactly where we do. So I guess you're disappointed in those polls too? 

These polls are bogus.  For example Max Preps -  How can i believe in national poll when they can’t even get Texas close to right.

My issue with you.

You are trying to create false narrative about Texas Football based on hand full of games.

We all get it some of these private schools have recruited high quality teams.

Texas Football not taking back seat to anyone and we are talking at the highest level of Football as we all know it today.

These games are about the year and match up.  
For example DV more equipped the year they played SJC as compared to IMG or MD.  
MD was the best team of the 3 

This is without question IMO until proven wrong the Best DV team.  Best QB and it’s not really close.  Check the boxes this team is elite.

There are others - NS with their QB could be really dangerous.

GSB going to say play out of state.  Look I am all for it 

funny thing is - if you peel the onion back there really isn’t that many great match ups or teams willing to play.  Some but not a lot .  Why is team like MD wasting time on Bingham and the GA team.  Why does MC only have 8 regular season games this year?  

GSB - holding Tx back based on couple games is ridiculous.

will not even consider that SFA and some other privates having some glaring weaknesses this year.

I have SJB-MD as the best of the recruited teams.

IMG overall is down - OL didn’t play good against SJP and QB is average 

SFA - down - OL / DL 

BG - might be really close to MD/SJB we will see in time.

Its more about the year and match!

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Texasball said:

These polls are bogus.  For example Max Preps -  How can i believe in national poll when they can’t even get Texas close to right.

My issue with you.

You are trying to create false narrative about Texas Football based on hand full of games.

We all get it some of these private schools have recruited high quality teams.

Texas Football not taking back seat to anyone and we are talking at the highest level of Football as we all know it today.

These games are about the year and match up.  
For example DV more equipped the year they played SJC as compared to IMG or MD.  
MD was the best team of the 3 

This is without question IMO until proven wrong the Best DV team.  Best QB and it’s not really close.  Check the boxes this team is elite.

There are others - NS with their QB could be really dangerous.

GSB going to say play out of state.  Look I am all for it 

funny thing is - if you peel the onion back there really isn’t that many great match ups or teams willing to play.  Some but not a lot .  Why is team like MD wasting time on Bingham and the GA team.  Why does MC only have 8 regular season games this year?  

GSB - holding Tx back based on couple games is ridiculous.

will not even consider that SFA and some other privates having some glaring weaknesses this year.

I have SJB-MD as the best of the recruited teams.

IMG overall is down - OL didn’t play good against SJP and QB is average 

SFA - down - OL / DL 

BG - might be really close to MD/SJB we will see in time.

Its more about the year and match!

Is it so ridiculous that so many other teams outside of TX have been able to compete with the elites more favorably than your teams did?

STA just lost to SJB by only 13

SJP just lost to IMG by only 3

Buford just beat SFA by 18

C-M just beat SFA by 21

Cen10 just lost to MD by only 14

Your teams lost to these elites by 27, 38, 40 and 42, respectively. And I don't that some of these games were played in the past. Now, your teams are intentionally avoiding BOTH the elite power privates and power publics (MC)! The afoermentioned will NEVER be worthy of a preseason T10 ranking. Gonna have to earn it going forward. 

24 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Is it so ridiculous that so many other teams outside of TX have been able to compete with the elites more favorably than your teams did?

STA just lost to SJB by only 13

SJP just lost to IMG by only 3

Buford just beat SFA by 18

C-M just beat SFA by 21

Cen10 just lost to MD by only 14

Your teams lost to these elites by 27, 38, 40 and 42, respectively. And I don't that some of these games were played in the past. Now, your teams are intentionally avoiding BOTH the elite power privates and power publics (MC)! The afoermentioned will NEVER be worthy of a preseason T10 ranking. Gonna have to earn it going forward. 

That’s ridiculous argument - it’s not the same year nor the same teams.  

SFA is not nearly the team you thought and because they need games - you stand behind them regardless.

again it’s all about the timing of match ups.

you are foolish to believe anything else.  If Buford doesn’t get the 5 star qB - they probably never had team capable of beating SFA until now.  

Didn’t I see you moved DV back to 13?  12-13 for this team is fucking joke.  

12 minutes ago, Texasball said:

That’s ridiculous argument - it’s not the same year nor the same teams.  

SFA is not nearly the team you thought and because they need games - you stand behind them regardless.

again it’s all about the timing of match ups.

you are foolish to believe anything else.  If Buford doesn’t get the 5 star qB - they probably never had team capable of beating SFA until now.  

Didn’t I see you moved DV back to 13?  12-13 for this team is fucking joke.  

Instead of TX running away from elite teams, they should continue to schedule them in order to get better. That won't happen just playing in-state teams. And if what you believe is true, wouldn't you want DV to play SFA or MC this season?? 

Let me tell you something else.

this year in the vomit 🤮 recruited up ranks.

There is some drop off in the elite depth and over all quality of top teams.  The two best are  probably MD/SJB

we will see what happens with BG.  IMG and SFA have clearly stumbled this year.

Where would you have Buford ranked had they not played SFA - Then still only beat M-C NC by 3????

It’s all about timing of the game scheduled.  How good is Buford without the 5 star QB sr year only transfer.  Kid been to like 4 schools in 3 years

1 minute ago, SeaShells21 said:

I am certain they will seeing how no other state has beaten the CIF OPEN Division 1 champion since Texas did it.

Unless, you count super, power private; “The Bishop”. 😌

Name a public school who has beaten the CIF Open Division 1 Champion since Euless Trinity ☺️

2015 was a loooong time ago! On this site we only discuss the modern-era of HSFB. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, SeaShells21 said:

Let’s see;

St. John’s College track record in the modern era:

2017:

De La Salle 35 - 31 St John’s College 

St Joseph Regional 25 - 42 St John’s College 

St John Bosco 21 - 17 St John’s College

2018:

Hoover 14 - 42 St John’s College 

Miami Central 34 - 37 St John’s College 

Marietta 14 - 21 St John’s College 

2019: 

IMG Academy 35 - 20 St John’s College 

Duncanville 35 (42) - 14 St John’s College (Touchdown called back at the end; Duncanville was sweet enough to kneel.) As to not further embarrass SJC.

Mater Dei 53 - 24 St John’s College 

{Wasn’t Mater Dei losing at halftime?) Strange for a “power private”.

Anyway, it looks to me like the little Texas public school was doing what the “power privates” were supposed to do in 2017, 2018, 2019 🤷🏻‍♀️

In life it's how you react to a huge loss. And running scared never helped anyone. #Rockledge

2 minutes ago, SeaShells21 said:

Texas doesn’t need its’ best teams just to play against a power private; because even if they do lose; they’ll still fall to a better Texas team just as bad, if not worse 🤷🏻‍♀️

Denton Guyer beat that Allen by 42.

Duncanville lost to a North Shore team who just graduated all of its talent from its generational team; North Shore lost to Westfield (27-21), struggled with King 17-0, and Tompkins (26-20) who Katy blew out Katy (56-21) Tompkins.

Lake Travis put up 21 on North Shore but the mighty Duncanville only managed 10 and lost to that North Shore team.

The Duncanville team who lost to IMG lost to a Southlake Carroll team 34-27 who got blown out in the State Championship by Westlake the next game 52-34.

SFA 47 - 7

Duncanville 41 - 10 (17)

Enough said.

Your power privates in the modern era are looking pedestrian compared to Texas Power Publics. 

🫳🏻 🎤

If that's the case why won't DV, DS, Allen, NS, SOC, etc schedule any elite OOS privates? I'll tell you why. Because they've been forever neutered by your archaic, cowardly and pompous Coaches Association.