Texas News & Info

17 minutes ago, TEXASFROG said:

Ohh.. if you recruited form Coach Bowden at FSU.    Then you made a lot of trips to TEXAS.  Ha-ha.

I don't give a compete shit about your self-proclaims credentials  ASS-CLOWN. 

SFA is too good today..   Ya amigo.. It's called RECRUITING.   

LMFAO.   So many in the World are down on TX HSFB today.   Ha-ha-ha.  Whatever you complete ASS-CRACK of an idiot.

Go blow the Ball-SAC of a few of these Recruited up Private Schools and clean-up good afterwards you complete TOOL.

Private programs must recruit to keep their lights on and doors open. There's absolutely nothing wrong or illegal with it. If Dallas Jesuit or Strake Jesuit went 15-0 annually and 8th graders started to flock to them in mass, you'd hate them too. PS...The El Paso region sucks at HSFB! 

If public Miami Central can beat IMG in Bradenton, why can't teams like DV, NS, DS and Allen? It's because they'll NEVER EVER have the talent to do such. 

6 minutes ago, TEXASFROG said:

No ass crack..   Given kids a full-scholarship to come play at your Private School and not paying the $17,000 annual private school tuition attracts kids to the private school.   

What a tool!!

You think every football player gets a scholly to his private high school? You're even dumber than you look! Again, tuitions pay all the bills in order to keep the doors open. You know nothing about what you speak. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, TEXASFROG said:

It's funny when you look at a Private school like Mater Dei.

They went from having on average 2 D1 Seniors every year forever (80's, 90's, 2000's)

Then suddenly overnight.. (About 2015).   They go from averaging 2 D1 kids every year to almost 12 and higher every year.

Overnight they suddenly have like a 600% increase in their team Upper-level Talent.  

Just a complete Miracle from GOD!!  LMFAO!!

Lol. I guess we won national championships and titles in the 90s with only 2 D1 recruits.

There is a laundry list of kids that played D1 going back many years. And currently there are about 30 D1 kids, not ‘almost 12’.

6 hours ago, SeaShells21 said:

Been there, done that. Texas has played IMG Academy(3x), Bishop Gorman (2x), St. Thomas Aquinas, St Frances Academy, Pulaski Academy(~), Evangel C.A., John Curtis (2x), St. John Bosco, Mater Dei, Liberty (2x), Miami Central, Buford, Viera, DLS, Bingham, Bellevue (2x), Miramar, Miami Northwestern, Plant, Cocoa (2x), Glades Central, Colerain, Eastern Christian Academy, Shiloh Christian, BTW, Hoover, and any other big name program you can name…

…and guess what happened. They won and if they lost; they lost as bad or even worse in Texas.

I guess that means the elites live in Texas.

2004:

Colerain (Oh.) 27 - Tyler Lee (Tx.) 12

Euless Trinity (Tx.) 43 - Tyler Lee 14

2008:

Cypress Bay (Fl.) 6 - Katy (Tx) 31 [Preseason]

Buford (Ga.) 42 - Timberview (Tx.) 21

Stephenville (Tx.) 42 - Timberview 21

Everman (Tx.) 56 - Stephenville 3

2009:

Cypress Bay (Fl.) 0 - St. Thomas Aquinas 36

Katy (Tx.) 34 - Bellevue (Wa.) 17 [First OOS loss]

2010:

Skyline (Tx.) 3 - St. Thomas Aquinas (Fl.) 31 [Preseason]

Skyline (Tx.) 0 - DeSoto (Tx.) 38

2010:

Plant (Fl.) 17 - Abilene (Tx.) 27  [Preseason]

Plant (Fl.) 7 - St. Thomas Aquinas (Fl.) 29 [State Championship]

2010:

Madison (Tx.) 6 - Miami Central (Fl.) 48

Madison (Tx.) 13 - Carthage (Tx.) 42

2012:

Booker T.W. (Fl.) 40 - Cedar Hill (Tx.) 21

Allen (Tx.) 37 - Cedar Hill (Tx.) 20      

Katy (Tx.) 35 - Cedar Hill )Tx.) 24

2012:

Bellevue (Wa.) 31 - Euless Trinity 24

DeSoto (Tx.) 42 - Euless Trinity 21

Carroll (Tx.) 16 - Euless Trinity 7

DeSoto (Tx.) 49 - Carroll 45

Allen (Tx.) 51 - DeSoto 36

2014:

IMG Academy (Fl.) 69 - Prestonwood (Tx.) 36                                    

Bishop Dunne (Tx.) 42 - Prestonwood (Tx.) 10

2014:

Bishop Amat (Ca.) 47 - Aledo (Tx.) 7

Allen (Tx.) 58 - Dutch Fork (SC) 53

DeMatha 47 - Eastern C.A. 26

St. Peter’s Prep 41 - Eastern C.A. 14

St. Edward 35 - Eastern C.A. 6

Coppell (Tx.) 42 - Eastern C.A. 2

DeSoto (Tx.) 54 - Eastern C.A. 34

Euless Trinity (Tx.) 41 - Eastern C.A. 32

2015:

DeSoto 26 - Martin (Tx.) 46 [Preseason Week 1]

DeSoto 29 - IMG Academy 47 [Preseason Week 2]

Allen (Tx.) 56 - Viera (Fl.) 20 [Preseason Week 2]

St. Thomas Aquinas (Fl.) 41 - Viera (Fl.) 10 [7A State Championship]

2015:

Euless Trinity 26 - De La Salle (Ca.) 21 [Preseason]

Euless Trinity 42 - North Shore (Tx.) 32 [Preseason]

Manvel (Tx.) 43 - North Shore 40 [Preason]

Katy (Tx.) 35 - Manvel 17 [6AD2 - 4th Round]

Katy (Tx.) 38 - Steele (Tx.) 0 [6AD2 - 5th Round]

Katy (Tx.) 34 - Lake Travis (Tx.) 7 [6AD2 - State Championship]

Cen10 (Ca.) 42 - Mater Dei (Ca.) 36 [Div 1 - 3rd Round]

Cen10 (Ca.) 62 - St. John Bosco (Ca.) 52 [Div 1 - 4th Round]

De La Salle (Ca.) 28 - Cen10 (Ca.) 21 [[Div 1 - State Championship]

South Grand Prairie (Tx.) 24 - Euless Trinity 21 [6AD1 - 1st Round]

Ryan (Tx.) 43 - South Grand Prairie 35 [6AD1 - 2nd Round]

Ryan (Tx.) 41 - Tascosa (Tx.) 34 [6AD1 - 3rd Round]

Allen (Tx.) 48 - Ryan 27 [6AD1 - 4th Round]

Remember | Allen 56 - Viera (FL.) 20] Preseason
St. Thomas Aquinas (FL.) 45 - Viera 10] State Championship 

Westlake (Tx.) 23 - Allen 17 [6AD1 - 5th Round]

North Shore (Tx.) 21 - Westlake 14 [6AD1 - State Championship]

2016:

Liberty (Nv.) 21 - Westlake (Tx.) 14

Lake Travis (Tx.) 49 - Westlake 7

Lake Travis (Tx.) 51 - Westlake 3

TO BE CONTINUED. . . . .

That's an awesome analysis. But why is it all coming to a screetching halt all of a sudden? 

3 hours ago, Bodysurf said:

Lol. I guess we won national championships and titles in the 90s with only 2 D1 recruits.

There is a laundry list of kids that played D1 going back many years. And currently there are about 30 D1 kids, not ‘almost 12’.

This country bumpkin is sooo uneducated. He thinks he can get away with spewing lies here! He had no clue that MD won MNCs in 94 and 96. 

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, TEXASFROG said:

I'm still waiting for the long long long list of the Power Private School Elites there Florida State program builder.

Hurry-up now kid..  Let's see the Long long list of the Power Private Schools "Elites"

Question..  Does it start with Sycamore Academy?

Just look at every Top 20 poll in America this week! 

PS...Duncanville scheduled the mighty Bishop Sycamore in 2021! Always looking for guaranteed wins! 

2 minutes ago, TEXASFROG said:

The number Bodyboarder is Seniors...  

Yes.. Mater Dei back in the 80's and 90's and even most of the 2000's just had a 2 Senior D1 kids on average with maybe 5 on the entire team (SR, JR, So).

12 today is the amount of SENIORS on an average year today (2023) that you'll see an recruited-up All-STAR team like Mater Dei,SJB, Bishop Gorman have on a yearly basis go D1.

So yes.. 2023 it's typical that MD, SJB and Bishop Gorman will have a roster of 30+ D1 kids on the team.

It went from 5 on the roster in the 80's, 90's and most of 2000's to now 30 D1 kids on the roster almost overnight.   LMFAO!!   What..  almost a 600% increase in D1 talent!!   

I know,  I know.. nothing crazy going on there.

It's like I told a few you Private school blowhards already that stroke MD, SJB and BG.   I don't really give a shit.  Just don't be a lying SAC and try to claim there isnt any recruiting, enticing (Money allowance and Athletic scholarship) and GOD knows what ever else going on at places like MD, SJB and BG.

Myself and many others write checks to the school on a regular basis. I’m glad I can help out the team😉

• Like 1

2 hours ago, pied said:

A few things imo.  

1. Texas in general has always been anti-private school for sports.  A fear of "recruiting" and the nostalgia of playing for the home town team looms large. 
    1. There are memories and thoughts of the whole town shutting down and going to the game and packed stands EVERY Friday night is something many Texans are proud of.
  2. People started moving much more often and the growth of youth sports (AAU basketball/club soccer/club baseball & softball/volleyball/etc.).  There have been basketball academies in place for YEARS, Oak Hill in VA being one of the first and most well known.  Athletes and parents began to have less hesitation to move teams in that area.  
    1. This translates to schools as magnet schools emerge in many areas and ultimately to a much more active transfers with football players in Texas and across the country.
  3. Texas teams played many of the best teams in the country with a pretty successful record.
  4. Several teams continued to get more transfers and even better teams
  5. The kicker, now Texas teams start to struggle and #1 comes into play.  There's a HUGE "I told you so!"  reaction.
    1. The Texas coaching leadership takes that and runs with it, even asking members of the THSCA not to play certain types of teams.
    2. Not really being discussed much in this conversation is the growing number of transfers in Texas.  Allen had something like 7-8 seasons in a row of starting transfer QBs.  SLC during their run were known to have transfers.  Duncanville was an open enrollment campus, and the South Dallas area was pretty much open. season it seemed, SOC/Duncanville/Lancaster/DeSoto.
    3. Now there is pressure for school vouchers and that has set a lot of those coaches on tilt.

tldr - Texas was by and large against private schools to start because they are fearful of recruiting and losing their guys.  Some private institutions have confirmed that fear.  You could say both sides are correct.  Big private schools have an unfair advantage AND many Texas schools are afraid to play these teams.  

The passage of school vouchers in TX will def make the state more competitive from a national perspective. 

8 hours ago, GardenStateBaller said:

The passage of school vouchers in TX will def make the state more competitive from a national perspective. 

This DV team is one who should have played someone highly ranked.

check the boxes they have it all this year.  This is level up team right here.

Not sure about the kicking game.

Just now, TEXASFROG said:

I think someone "The dude that says he built Florida State football" is still got something stuck up his ass when Duncanville beat down St. John College (DC) team.   

I proudly set-up that game. And nobody from TX bitched about SJC being a recruited up power private then. I wonder why? You only complain when you get blown-out by 40!! 

10 hours ago, TEXASFROG said:

Uhhh No...  Private schools like  St. Edward Ohio,  Bergen Catholic (NJ) and St. Joes Prep (PA) aren't even close most years with teams like Mater Dei,  SJB, Bishop Gorman and even IMG.

This St. Joes Prep team isn't bad but their also a very Senior laden team and this SJP team has more D1 talent than the average SJP team usually does too.

Bergen Catholic (NJ) since 2015 to 2022 season

2015:  IMG - 59            Bergen- 47

2017:  MD-  62              Bergen- 14

DBP (NJ)  since 2015 to 2022 season

2017:  SFA- 27         DBP- 0

2019: SJB- 69           DBP- 42

2021:  St John College (DC)-27  DBP- 6

2022:  Orlando Edgewater-34    DBP-10

St. Edwards (OH) since 2015 to 2022 season

Has never played IMG, SFA, SJB, Bishop Gorman or Mater Dei.

Looks to be me like Private schools like Bergen Catholic, DBP and ST. Edwards OH aren't really knocking on the door to play teams like MD, SJB, Bishop Gorman, IMG or even SFA (which isn't far away).

BC beat Bishop Gorman in Vegas. DBP beat both De La Salle CA and St Thomas Aquinas twice. Can any team in the history of TX makes those claims. I'll wait....

11 hours ago, TEXASFROG said:

Ohhh.. let's also not forget about the other issues like Private School Practice Time and etc that TX Public school have to strictly follow.  

Official practice is governed by the CIF and is the same for all schools in terms of permissible dates, number of practices allowed in pads for contact, etc. MD and Bosco had the identical number of practices compared to other Cali schools before their first game.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Bodysurf said:

Official practice is governed by the CIF and is the same for all schools in terms of permissible dates, number of practices allowed in pads for contact, etc. MD and Bosco had the identical number of practices compared to other Cali schools before their first game.

He thinks he's a know-it-all. He gets nailed here with bad lies daily. Probably crawled up in a fetal position now in his shanty shack in lowly El Paso. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, pied said:

I agree, much has changed but the basic argument is still pretty much the same.  Texas fans complain that the rules aren't the same.  I go back a loooonnnnnnnnggggg way.  Heck, I'm pretty sure Im the only one on these boards that went to the first big Texas team playing an OOS game.  Lamar (back when they were good) went to Florida to play defending state champion Panama City Rutherford.  Not the biggest marquee matchup but certainly one of the, if not the first one.

I was around listening to the complaints that we didn't send our best to the Cal-Tex shrine game (we didn't).

I was around when ECA was going tot play DLS.  ECA had beaten Longview (I think) and there was no way that a team that could beat a TX team would lose to a CA team.  My father in law(RIP) went to that game and we made some nice connections there.

I went to the Tyler Lee - Colerain game.  At the time there was a pretty good TX - Ohio rivalry going on, the Texas fans claiming the bigger powers in OH were able to recruit, although one of their best all time teams was a public school.

I remember all the complaints that Miami Northwestern was able to recruit so the playing field wasn't level.

So I'd agree, things have changed and certain teams/schools have taken it to the next level, but the conversation hasn't changed at all.

IMHO TX will never be able to consistently compete with the elite, national power privates unless that pending voucher program takes effect. At that point your privates will be able to attract high-profile ballers without any added expense to their families.

The selling points that all current power parochials and privates have are as follows: nationally-ranked football programs, smaller class sizes, religious studies for those that desire, and higher quality teachers at the minimum. The TAPPS teams in the Dallas and Houston areas would benefit immediately from the aforementioned. 

6 minutes ago, pied said:

I don't see that the same way.  The two private schools in the UIL haven't gone full in on athletics as you suggest in the 20 years they've been in the league.  Not sure how this drastically changes things there.

I can see a couple of schools going for it more, I'd say maybe an increase at Parish Epsicopal but more likely at Liberty Christian and Prestonwood but those are wild assumptions on my part

Where I think you might see a jump is in new/newer schools getting established with the intent on being a sports powerhouse.  Basketball would be easier, but the problem I think they face is what league they would compete in.  UIL is not likely unless there are lawsuits.  Don't see TAPPS being interested and I'd guess some are tiring of Parish already.  The SPC is a no go from the get go.  Think it would be difficult to go through the growing pains establishing a program without the option of a state championship and having to play an outlaw schedule like IMG/SFA.

https://apnews.com/article/prep-football-recruiting-spring-league-bac0ab645ff41d711686ede0bbfb97d8

Hoping this concept gets off the ground in TX sooner than later. 

51 minutes ago, Bodysurf said:

That’s too much football IMO. I like to see my football players doing track, basketball, or baseball. 

Brian thinks that the best players may choose the club circuit over their high school teams like many do in other sports like baseball, basketball, hockey, lacrosse, soccer, etc. In the world of recruiting, club teams matter way more than high school teams. 

8 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Brian thinks that the best players may choose the club circuit over their high school teams like many do is other sports like baseball, basketball, hockey, lacrosse, soccer, etc. In the world of recruiting, club teams matter way more than high school teams. 

This is definitely true for sports besides football. I think club football will not take off like other sports because of the logistics and economics. The kids that ‘need’ club football can’t afford it. Club football was attempted in Cali during Covid and it failed miserably. I can only imagine how bad the coaching will be plus all the support staff and infrastructure required will be lacking.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Bodysurf said:

This is definitely true for sports besides football. I think club football will not take off like other sports because of the logistics and economics. The kids that ‘need’ club football can’t afford it. Club football was attempted in Cali during Covid and it failed miserably. I can only imagine how bad the coaching will be plus all the support staff and infrastructure required will be lacking.

Brian claims to have generous NIL deals waiting, as well as national TV rights. Time will tell. 

Just now, TEXASFROG said:

Hey .. The dude that built Florida State.. Ha-ha

Why don't you get on teams like DBP & Bergen Catholic.  I notice since 2015 (8 years).  

Bergen only has played IMG in 2015 (Lost 59-47)  and Mater Dei 2017 (Lost 62-14).

DBP only has played SFA in 2017 (Lost 27-0) and SJB in 2019 (lost 69-42)

Those two New Jersey powers are (0-4) against those Private Elites since 2015.

Hey.. why don't you get on St. Edwards Ohio..   Since 2015 they've NEVER played IMG, SFA, Bishop Gorman, SJB or MD.(Elite Privates).

Selectively you left out that BC beat Grayson GA in 2018, and that they visit #6 Chaminade-Madonna on 9/8. 

DBP has played DLS, STA, BG, MC, SJB, SFA, SJC, Zaga, Moe, X, ED

SJR has played ED, IMG, DeMatha, SFA, SJC, GC

ED just beat #13 Good Counsel on ESPN this past weekend

All of the above play the best on an annual basis. None of them stop scheduling these games after losing by 27, 38, 40 and 42 like TX just did. TX has officially neutered itself!!

19 minutes ago, pied said:

Good to see some other old timers.  Seems like you agree, the conversation hasn't changed much at all over the years.

I certainly agree that there are several schools that have rocketed up the charts, some already there and a couple of new faces that have taken it to another level, but the conversation is still similar.

Because the conversations hasn't changed is why TX HSFB is trending down! The UIL is the Pac10 of HSFB. Archaic and ordinary in every way.