Texas News & Info

Cornerstone Christian from San Antonio will be traveling to Tennessee to face Brentwood Academy this year.

All-Saints from Fort Worth has a game against Episcopal Academy out of Pennsylvania as well.

The Kinkaid School (Houston) has a game at Archbishop Shaw from New Orleans, LA.

Edited by WILKINSON
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, pied said:

80% 6A sounds about right.  

Are you sleeping on SOC?  I'd have them over LV or Ryan

They’re in my top 15.  LV and Ryan are loaded this year at the top end and I give overall coaching edge to LV and Ryan 

Unfortunately they’re in diff divisions so we’ll never know 

Edited by Horsefly
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, Horsefly said:

WL

NS

Guyer

DV

katy

SL

LT

Woods

LV

Ryan 

I agree The Woodlands is going to be dangerous this year. I haven’t really put much thought into who I would place in a top 10 but they’re definitely up there.

They’re not nationally relevant but lots of outsiders will get very familiar with them in the following years, I think. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, WILKINSON said:

I agree The Woodlands is going to be dangerous this year. I haven’t really put much thought into who I would place in a top 10 but they’re definitely up there.

They’re not nationally relevant but lots of outsiders will get very familiar with them in the following years, I think. 

I’m curious to see how DCTF ranks the top 10.

LV and Ryan are #1 and #2 in 5AD1

4 hours ago, WILKINSON said:

How do you think Denton Ryan would’ve fared versus Denton Guyer this year? Would’ve loved to see that matchup this year especially. 

I’d favor Guyer by 10.  I think Arnold behind an experienced OL will be tough to deal with

57 minutes ago, WILKINSON said:

Hmm. Nolan Catholic dropped the game with Cibolo Steele and replaced them with Dallas Christian.

Also, Nolan Catholic don’t want that OOS smoke anymore? Lmao. At least they have College Station on the schedule. 

I guess Cibolo Steele now has 9/23 open. Know anyone @GardenStateBaller? 😎

Jesuit FL, Benedictine GA, Springfield Central MA, Cardinal Gibbons NC

20 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

That’s a good list!  

I haven’t seen Atascocita on anyone’s top 10 list. Are they more 10-20 range?
Looking forward for their game with Liberty. Still pissed Oakland,TN backed out on Liberty, but this should still be a good game and test for both squads. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Omaha Vol said:

I’m seeing Cornerstone Chr. from Ohio (not Texas) as their opponent. I hope that’s a misprint. 

I don't think the CC from Ohio has a football team? Other sports yes but not football, to my knowledge at least.

But, San Antonio Cornerstone Christian's official football schedule has Brentwood Academy, TN on it. Same goes for BA, their twitter account posted the schedule and has Cornerstone Christian and their school logo is next to their name.

Screen Shot 2022-06-29 at 7.38.42 PM.png

13 minutes ago, Omaha Vol said:

Looking forward for their game with Liberty. Still pissed Oakland,TN backed out on Liberty, but this should still be a good game and test for both squads. 

Yes, in the official rankings by DCTF/AP they are 11th in 6A 

Edited by Horsefly

1 hour ago, Omaha Vol said:

Somewhere between 12-15 for me. That's including the 5As though.

Austin Westlake

North Shore

Duncanville

Denton Guyer

Southlake Carroll

Katy

Denton Ryan

South Oak Cliff

DeSoto

Lake Travis

Longview

Atascocita

That would round out my top 12.

The Woodlands, Allen, Westfield, Katy Paetow, Rockwall, Euless Trinity would be the next group.

• Like 1