Texas News & Info

3 minutes ago, WILKINSON said:

Hope not. Kind of hoping to see some change over at Cedar Hill. Bring them back to their glory days. All that talent and nothing to show for it.

And for that reason I have a hard time calling Chill a major change. Stepp emphasized that point for a reason according to him 

• Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Solid schedule. They’ve got North Shore, Katy, Liberty (NV), C.E. King, and Dickinson. Some very good tests.
Summer Creek and West Brook aren’t no slouch either but not at the caliber as the others. 

1 hour ago, pied said:

How do you define a state’s asset?

Regardless of definition, I doubt much Texans that follow HS football would really have any continued interest in players who transfer to IMG Academy, other than the parents & family.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

We'll see how it goes. It only happened this season because the DV/OJ and DS/SFA games ended up being scheduled on the same weekend. It was the perfect storm. 

Maybe DeSoto and Duncanville can trade opponents next year since the games are a one year contract, and they’ll need games next year for that same week. 

DeSoto should be primed for 2023.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, WILKINSON said:

Maybe DeSoto and Duncanville can trade opponents next year since the games are a one year contract, and they’ll need games next year for that same week. 

DeSoto should be primed for 2023.

It's never that easy. Fingers crossed that everyone enjoys the experience and wants to do it again. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Texasball said:

How many players got drafted this year that played at IMG?

I will assure you it’s not the trend they are looking for!

Up there with any HS I bet.  Last year,  they had 7 drafted.  The most in draft history by a HS(Academy whatever)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Steeler01 said:

Up there with any HS I bet.  Last year,  they had 7 drafted.  The most in draft history by a HS(Academy whatever)

I believe it was 2 this year.  
look IMG is good for some kids. 

I don’t truly believe the NFL players from IMG had to play at IMG to make the NFL or even college.  I would like to see and hear more stories of kids who got out of tough situations going to IMG- like - family, violence, gangs, foster care , prison, other social issues then flourished at IMG due to great leadership from the coaches and staff at IMG 

I also would like to see stories of players who went to IMG 4 years - who they really developed who had to play couple of years on their lesser teams- yet they developed him and he became really good player.

mostly they stack the team with kids who was going places anyways.  

27 minutes ago, Texasball said:

I believe it was 2 this year.  
look IMG is good for some kids. 

I don’t truly believe the NFL players from IMG had to play at IMG to make the NFL or even college.

I don't believe that either, but I do think it helps them better prepare for college competition early on.  They're practicing against guys that they'll see at the next level in big games.  The old adage,  iron sharpens iron. 

27 minutes ago, Texasball said:

I would like to see and hear more stories of kids who got out of tough situations going to IMG- like - family, violence, gangs, foster care , prison, other social issues then flourished at IMG due to great leadership from the coaches and staff at IMG 

Unless they're a 4 or 5 star recruit,  you won't hear that

• 3 weeks later...
13 minutes ago, pied said:

Slow time it appears.  

Dave Campell have released their private school rankings and to no one's surprise, Parish comes in at #1

Parish E has a solid predistrict schedule: Aledo, SOC, China springs and LBJ.  They’re definitely stepping up 

• Like 1