South Florida News

1 minute ago, MC ROCKETS said:

Joe, you and I talk all the time. Right now you're just blowing smoke in regards to MC dropping in polls as of now. Not ONE poll has a definitive preseason top 25 poll ready. It's way too early and many teams still has schedules to fill. Including MD. So are they dropping too? Lol! MC did not have one marquee OOS opponent last year either. Right now they have Chaminade, which in my opinion is as good as IMG. So even if they don't they will be ok. I know you feed off the OOS thing, but the only people who will believe your last comment 💯 percent are people who haven't been following this high school thing very long. I myself am I seasoned veteran over 20 years. 

Not true. At least two other polls in addition to mine were adjusted until a marquee OOS team is confirmed by MC. You need to learn from TX. Teams can't go undefeatd in-state and expect to win a MNC. 

Note: IMG is considered OOS since they pull from multiple states. 

2 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Not true. At least two other polls in addition to mine were adjusted until a marquee OOS team is confirmed by MC. You need to learn from TX. Teams can't go undefeatd in-state and expect to win a MNC. 

Note: IMG is considered OOS since they pull from multiple states. 

That sounds dumb as hell! Preseason football polls being put together in March! Schedules still being made, kids still transferring, incoming freshman in the summer, spring ball, etc. all still taking place and to come but you folks are adjusting Preseason polls? C'mon man! What other media outlets are doing this as you say? Lol

2 minutes ago, MC ROCKETS said:

That sounds dumb as hell! Preseason football polls being put together in March! Schedules still being made, kids still transferring, incoming freshman in the summer, spring ball, etc. all still taking place and to come but you folks are adjusting Preseason polls? C'mon man! What other media outlets are doing this as you say? Lol

These polls are very fluid and dynamic. I started constructing mine last month. Fingers crossed that MC sees the light going forward. 

1 minute ago, GardenStateBaller said:

These polls are very fluid and dynamic. I started constructing mine last month. Fingers crossed that MC sees the light going forward. 

Joe, I try to give you the benefit of the doubt most of the time but right now...you're dropping in the polls too.

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Why can't teams like STA, C-M, CG, AHP, Columbus, Cardinal Newman, etc. just be in the same class? 

Who else gonna play them in the state that’s private? How they gonna make a schedule? So you’re gonna add Pace , Belen, Florida Christian , Nova, etc ?

16 minutes ago, Zoe Boy said:

Who else gonna play them in the state that’s private? How they gonna make a schedule? So you’re gonna add Pace , Belen, Florida Christian , Nova, etc ?

FL publics can play them if they want. Just like in many other states, 5 in-state, "league" games and 3-4 OOS games. Same exact thing that teams like BG, SJB and MD do annually. 

2 hours ago, GardenStateBaller said:

FL publics can play them if they want. Just like in many other states, 5 in-state, "league" games and 3-4 OOS games. Same exact thing that teams like BG, SJB and MD do annually. 

Florida is different from Cali cause Cali has more private schools that can play up to the private standards .. we don’t have that in fla and most of those private schools in Florida that can compete are in a fla.. So since we’re an open enrollment state it’s only right for all schools to compete against each other . They just need them in the same class..

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Zoe Boy said:

Florida is different from Cali cause Cali has more private schools that can play up to the private standards .. we don’t have that in fla and most of those private schools in Florida that can compete are in a fla.. So since we’re an open enrollment state it’s only right for all schools to compete against each other . They just need them in the same class..

CA only has two elite HSFB programs. FL has way more and better private programs from top to bottom. 

10 hours ago, GardenStateBaller said:

And guess what, come playoff time those 3 teams you mentioned still end up having to play publics to win the championship at some point. i.e. Long Beach Poly, Centennial, Liberty, etc. So your point is pointless. 

2 hours ago, GardenStateBaller said:

CA only has two elite HSFB programs. FL has way more and better private programs from top to bottom. 

I challenge you to name 28-32 privates in Florida that are legit year after year to complete a solid playoff bracket since you think they all should be combined. 

8 hours ago, MC ROCKETS said:

I challenge you to name 28-32 privates in Florida that are legit year after year to complete a solid playoff bracket since you think they all should be combined. 

Why 28-32? Why that many? All you need is two groups: Non Public A and Non Public B? Bigger and better teams in A; lesser teams in B. Easy peasy. 

1 hour ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Why 28-32? Why that many? All you need is two groups: Non Public A and Non Public B? Bigger and better teams in A; lesser teams in B. Easy peasy. 

Because the bracket in Florida is 28-32 teams per class. Separating privates into groups will have the same teams winning every year with no clear cut team on who's the top private. 

On 3/29/2023 at 7:36 AM, GardenStateBaller said:

The MC/MD game is not happening. Received confirmation from the MC AD this morning. Both teams still have viable options in September. 

It's too bad this game won't be played. It's been a back and forth of he said, she said, behind the scenes. And we'll never probably get why MC decided not to play. For some reason MC was all gung-ho to play this game. Kept asking why MD was taking so long to sign contracts etc. For one, told MC never sent contacts to MD. And the one thing you have to keep in mind with MD, they do their due diligence - they take their time, are slower than other schools to make things happen. Thats because they don't jump the gun before crossing the t's and dotting the i's.. I've seen too may schools/games fall apart because schools talk too much and do things half ass backwards. 

Once MD was confirming on its end to go ahead with the game, MC said it didn't have a stadium to play in! How could you not secure a place of game of this magnitude? On the account MD took too long. Also, they wanted to play on a Saturday, at 1 pm.. So that slowed things down, but apparently MC found a place to play.. 

And once that was squared away, MD was waiting for the contracts... and it was a done deal. And that time, MC all of a sudden decided not to play anymore. And this is where the he said, she said comes into play - said MC got wind of what MD returns, and I don't think realized 18-of 22 return and got the low-down from an insider close to MD. Enough said.

Then for whatever reason MC was no longer interested in playing, and thus contracts were never sent by MC's AD. MD even decide to give in to playing at 1 pm on Saturday... Still not interested. 

For team who kept talking about taking on all comers and going on Miami Central Hater World Tour they sure changed their tune, or those close to Miami Central making posts on FB on how how bad they were going to beat Mater Dei..  what happened? Someone needs to make it make sense! 

10 hours ago, covercorner said:

It's too bad this game won't be played. It's been a back and forth of he said, she said, behind the scenes. And we'll never probably get why MC decided not to play. For some reason MC was all gung-ho to play this game. Kept asking why MD was taking so long to sign contracts etc. For one, told MC never sent contacts to MD. And the one thing you have to keep in mind with MD, they do their due diligence - they take their time, are slower than other schools to make things happen. Thats because they don't jump the gun before crossing the t's and dotting the i's.. I've seen too may schools/games fall apart because schools talk too much and do things half ass backwards. 

Once MD was confirming on its end to go ahead with the game, MC said it didn't have a stadium to play in! How could you not secure a place of game of this magnitude? On the account MD took too long. Also, they wanted to play on a Saturday, at 1 pm.. So that slowed things down, but apparently MC found a place to play.. 

And once that was squared away, MD was waiting for the contracts... and it was a done deal. And that time, MC all of a sudden decided not to play anymore. And this is where the he said, she said comes into play - said MC got wind of what MD returns, and I don't think realized 18-of 22 return and got the low-down from an insider close to MD. Enough said.

Then for whatever reason MC was no longer interested in playing, and thus contracts were never sent by MC's AD. MD even decide to give in to playing at 1 pm on Saturday... Still not interested. 

For team who kept talking about taking on all comers and going on Miami Central Hater World Tour they sure changed their tune, or those close to Miami Central making posts on FB on how how bad they were going to beat Mater Dei..  what happened? Someone needs to make it make sense! 

My belief is MC didn't do their research on 2023 MD until after they agreed to host the game. Than once they saw how loaded MD is going to be, they backed out. We'll never know. The only thing we DO know is that this game is not happening because of MC. 

42 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

My belief is MC didn't do their research on 2023 MD until after they agreed to host the game. Than once they saw how loaded MD is going to be, they backed out. We'll never know. The only thing we DO know is that this game is not happening because of MC. 

🤣

3 hours ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Lolll since 09 cent has played anybody at any moment. It never mattered, I'm 100 percent sure there is something deeper behind the scenes and I know 100 percent central never wanted a Saturday morning game. As central shares a stadium with 6 other schools im sure it was stadium issues. Cause central is as talented as anybody is this year believe that. 

2 hours ago, sflafb said:

Lolll since 09 cent has played anybody at any moment. It never mattered, I'm 100 percent sure there is something deeper behind the scenes and I know 100 percent central never wanted a Saturday morning game. As central shares a stadium with 6 other schools im sure it was stadium issues. Cause central is as talented as anybody is this year believe that. 

I agree. Plus this was a HOME game at Traz for MC!! The MC AD canceled the game so he's the one with all the answers. Unfortunately, he's keeping them to himself. 

2 hours ago, sflafb said:

Sounds like they need to meet up in the GEICO after they both win state……🤣