South Florida News

10 hours ago, GardenStateBaller said:

And they still wouldn't play MD at Traz! smh

After you gave MC the Natty (which they didn't deserve), they now have to avoid SJB and MD in order to not embarrass themselves and you for the fraud.  Sad.

If SJB got your natty (like they did in all the other polls) then MC would have something to prove instead of something to hide.  Sad.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Sammy Swordsman said:

After you gave MC the Natty (which they didn't deserve), they now have to avoid SJB and MD in order to not embarrass themselves and you for the fraud.  Sad.

If SJB got your natty (like they did in all the other polls) then MC would have something to prove instead of something to hide.  Sad.

SJB would've won our MNC if it had beaten IMG in Bradenton last season. There's no hiding behind any Academy Rule here!

1 hour ago, GardenStateBaller said:

SJB would've won our MNC if it had beaten IMG in Bradenton last season. There's no hiding behind any Academy Rule here!

So SJB gets penalized for not playing a team (IMG) which the CIF won't allow them to play. 

But MC gets a pass for canceling a game (Ducking) with MD for no reason at all.   

Got it.

Based on your criteria, MC should have their Natty revoked.

MC wins 1 game in August which qualifies them for your natty.   Dumb.

3 minutes ago, Sammy Swordsman said:

So SJB gets penalized for not playing a team (IMG) which the CIF won't allow them to play. 

Got it.

Perfection is the goal. Blame the CIF, not me! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PCGridiron said:

Truth, and no "real" poll agreed with him.

But now barely 3 months later he's throwing them under the bus.

You can't make that up. 😅😂🤣

Our poll is used in both the MaxPreps and HFBA Composite Polls! MC is free to schedule whomever they like. No one on Earth can force them to schedule MD no matter how bad all of us wish to see the game happen. MD has already picked up another elite opponent, and it looks like MC will now be playing at BG, which is all good for everyone involved! #playthebest #anyoneanywhere #nocowardsallowed 

On 4/14/2023 at 11:45 AM, Sammy Swordsman said:

Got it.

Forgive my ignorance, the CIF won’t let them play IMG but they can play STA (also a recruited up private)? Also, they can play SFA, right? SFA and IMG are identical types of schools. If I’m wrong about SFA, I apologize. 

11 hours ago, Omaha Vol said:

Forgive my ignorance, the CIF won’t let them play IMG but they can play STA (also a recruited up private)? Also, they can play SFA, right? SFA and IMG are identical types of schools. If I’m wrong about SFA, I apologize. 

IMG is the ONLY program that falls under the CIFs ridiculous "Academy" rule. MD and SJB are free to schedule any other HSFB program in America. Meanwhile, MC beat IMG in Bradenton last season. 

On 4/16/2023 at 10:13 PM, Omaha Vol said:

The rule states that CIF member schools are not permitted to play against other schools that are not a member of their respective state's association. STA and SFA are both members of their state association (even though SFA does not participate in playoffs). IMG is a true independent. The impetus for this rule was to prevent IMG-like 'schools' in California. 

Edited by Bodysurf

8 minutes ago, Bodysurf said:

The rule states that CIF member schools are not permitted to play against other schools that are not a member of their respective state's association. STA and SFA are both members of their state association (even though SFA does not participate in playoffs). IMG is a true independent. The impetus for this rule was to prevent IMG-like 'schools' in California. 

IMG National is a member in good standing with the FHSAA. The association accepted them on the grounds that they never participate in any playoffs. It was a compromise.

SFA is being forced to be an independent because its MIAA league members refuse to schedule them annually.