South Florida News

20 hours ago, GardenStateBaller said:

My belief is MC didn't do their research on 2023 MD until after they agreed to host the game. Than once they saw how loaded MD is going to be, they backed out. We'll never know. The only thing we DO know is that this game is not happening because of MC. 

So MC done played teams with better rosters them them in previous years now all of suddenly they scared to play a team with  a “better roster” which MC returns damn near their whole team back also?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Zoe Boy said:

So MC done played teams with better rosters them them in previous years now all of suddenly they scared to play a team with  a “better roster” which MC returns damn near their whole team back also?

Why do you think MC decided not to host MD at Traz on 8/25 after originally committing to do such back in February? 

3 hours ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Why do you think MC decided not to host MD at Traz on 8/25 after originally committing to do such back in February? 

Well since I kinda know how things go down here , it could be about money or the time they play.. wishful thinking should be a 7pm game instead of 1…

1 minute ago, Zoe Boy said:

Well since I kinda know how things go down here , it could be about money or the time they play.. wishful thinking should be a 7pm game instead of 1…

Far as why games fall through…. I’m shock MD is willing to come down here cause teams barely come down and play in Dade..

6 hours ago, GardenStateBaller said:

PGL also offered MC $11,000 in streaming rights fees, which was squandered. 

And I can see where MC feels like they can make more then getting paid 11 bandz… I think a situation happen like that a while back outta MC or Da west bout broadcasting there game on tv n that game fell through cause of money.. 

3 hours ago, Zoe Boy said:

In the end of the day it ain’t about MC bucking MD . It’s most likely gonna come down to that bag… 

So you are saying that MC didn’t play because of money? 
Do they really think they will get more money or national interest by playing somebody different than MD? 
No pun intended, but I don’t buy it. 

4 hours ago, Bodysurf said:

Do they really think they will get more money or national interest by playing somebody different than MD? 

Imo that’s the number 1 reason. No they probably wouldn’t get paid more if they played somebody else but they can also maximize the money they can get playing MD.. So if they see they can make 20 bandz then instead of 11 , shoot for it.. The coaches said it before , MC is a brand like Gucci lol. You don’t have to buy it but 1 thing is them boyz from Robin Hood a bucking no game. They could’ve had a team full of freshmen and still take a game the shouldn’t be playing.. Shit a lot of teams from Dade do it now ….

4 hours ago, Bodysurf said:

Very few elite OOS teams will play MC at Traz. SFA may be the only team to ever do so. Backing out of this oppty makes no sense any way you look at it. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Zoe Boy said:

Imo that’s the number 1 reason. No they probably wouldn’t get paid more if they played somebody else but they can also maximize the money they can get playing MD.. So if they see they can make 20 bandz then instead of 11 , shoot for it.. The coaches said it before , MC is a brand like Gucci lol. You don’t have to buy it but 1 thing is them boyz from Robin Hood a bucking no game. They could’ve had a team full of freshmen and still take a game the shouldn’t be playing.. Shit a lot of teams from Dade do it now ….

That $11k was ONLY for the streaming rights. That didn't include game day profits like ticket sales, concessions, parking, etc. That game that night would've generated way over six figures. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

That $11k was ONLY for the streaming rights. That didn't include game day profits like ticket sales, concessions, parking, etc. That game that night would've generated way over six figures. 

Truth

MD travels well. So much for my weekend in Miami!

48 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Very few elite OOS teams will play MC at Traz. SFA may be the only team to ever do so. Backing out of this oppty makes no sense any way you look at it. 

SFA would love to go back to the Mecca an beat MC again 

• Haha 1