South Florida News

6 minutes ago, MC ROCKETS said:

Nope! Unless you combine classifications, there aren't enough privates that will actually compete for state championships in 8 classifications in Florida. 

Then combine to 3-4 classes. SFA is a Top 10 HSFB program in America annually with only 300 total students. C-M is not that far behind them. Enrollment doesn't matter with privates. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

The MC/MD game is not happening. Received confirmation from the MC AD this morning. Both teams still have viable options in September. 

Whatever the reason, this is disappointing. 
Was this a confirmed game with a signed contract that one of the teams just broke, or was this game always just a ‘maybe’?

• Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Bodysurf said:

Was this a confirmed game with a signed contract that one of the teams just broke, or was this game always just a ‘maybe’?

Very disappointing. There's a lot of here say coming from both sides. Probably will never know the exact truth.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Bodysurf said:

MC was taking forever to forward the contract. Then when we followed up for its status, they said the game was no longer happening. 

• Confused 1

17 hours ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Why can't teams like STA, C-M, CG, AHP, Columbus, Cardinal Newman, etc. just be in the same class? 

They could be in an unofficial conference. Basically all the teams agree to schedule each other and play for a trophy for the team with the best record. They have had unofficial conferences for decades. It’s just a made up conference for a specific county or area where they all schedule each other to see who gets area bragging rights 

15 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

As the promoter and MD liaison, I was involved in every aspect of this process. Also, PGL offered MC $11,000 in streaming rights fees, which will now be a lost oppty to a program in dire need of revenue. 

Hold on Joe! MC may not have private school money, but PLEASE don't get on this board and make it seem like MC is a bottom feeder. That's not very professional of you.

7 minutes ago, MC ROCKETS said:

Hold on Joe! MC may not have private school money, but PLEASE don't get on this board and make it seem like MC is a bottom feeder. That's not very professional of you.

As of today MC does not have one marquee, OOS opponent on its schedule in 2023. Hence, they are dropping in at least three preseason HSFB polls as we type. They need to get their act together in this respect ASAP. At BG is still an option in mid-September. IMG also still has a few openings. Hoping they're able to salvage their schedule. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

As of today MC does not have one marquee, OOS opponent on its schedule in 2023. Hence, they are dropping in at least three preseason HSFB polls as we type. They need to get their act together in this respect ASAP. At BG is still an option in mid-September. IMG also still has a few openings. Hoping they're able to salvage their schedule. 

Joe, you and I talk all the time. Right now you're just blowing smoke in regards to MC dropping in polls as of now. Not ONE poll has a definitive preseason top 25 poll ready. It's way too early and many teams still has schedules to fill. Including MD. So are they dropping too? Lol! MC did not have one marquee OOS opponent last year either. Right now they have Chaminade, which in my opinion is as good as IMG. So even if they don't they will be ok. I know you feed off the OOS thing, but the only people who will believe your last comment 💯 percent are people who haven't been following this high school thing very long. I myself am I seasoned veteran over 20 years.