Trinity League News

10 minutes ago, WILKINSON said:

Word? You believe Mater Dei will beat Bishop Gorman by 5 TDs?

The point is that Bishop Gorman et. al have as much chance of beating MD as Servite does.   MD is super motivated to pulverize The Bishop to crush their national aspirations for the forsee-able future.   5 TD win over The Bishop is their goal.

1 hour ago, Sammy Swordsman said:

The point is that Bishop Gorman et. al have as much chance of beating MD as Servite does.   MD is super motivated to pulverize The Bishop to crush their national aspirations for the forsee-able future.   5 TD win over The Bishop is their goal.

They’ll beat Servite by 5 TDs, that I agree with you. Wouldn’t be surprised if that’s their most lopsided game. 

5 hours ago, Sammy Swordsman said:

I agree that MD will be highly motivated to make a statement against Gorman. But I would also argue that Gorman will be equally motivated. I would predict MD to win by 14 to 21 points. But to say that Servite has the same chance of beating MD as Gorman is laughable. Gorman will be VERY good next season. If MD is flat they could be in for a fight. Unfortunately this is MD’s first game while it is Gorman’s second game.

• Like 3

On 5/17/2022 at 8:11 PM, Bodysurf said:

I agree that MD will be highly motivated to make a statement against Gorman. But I would also argue that Gorman will be equally motivated. I would predict MD to win by 14 to 21 points. But to say that Servite has the same chance of beating MD as Gorman is laughable. Gorman will be VERY good next season. If MD is flat they could be in for a fight. Unfortunately this is MD’s first game while it is Gorman’s second game.

I made a mistake above. My bad.

MD's first game is against West (Utah).

7 hours ago, GardenStateBaller said:

This migration will continue as long as MD and SJB are prohibited from scheduling IMG.   

Why? I wouldn't say there is a 'migration' because a few players from Cali decided to go there. To each their own. I personally wish that the CIF did not create the rule prohibiting Cali teams from playing IMG. But that rule has nothing to do with why these kids decided to attend IMG.

1 hour ago, Bodysurf said:

Why? I wouldn't say there is a 'migration' because a few players from Cali decided to go there. To each their own. I personally wish that the CIF did not create the rule prohibiting Cali teams from playing IMG. But that rule has nothing to do with why these kids decided to attend IMG.

Here's my thought process: If MD and SJB both were continually beating IMG on an annual basis, there's no way SoCal Cali ballers would ever consider IMG. 

2 hours ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Here's my thought process: If MD and SJB both were continually beating IMG on an annual basis, there's no way SoCal Cali ballers would ever consider IMG. 

Maybe so. But that is silly that they would go to a program that has not had the same success. In the last 10 years how many mythical national championships has each team won? You don't get better exposure at IMG either. IMO, and this can be debated, the coaching staffs are superior at MD and Bosco. 

10 minutes ago, Bodysurf said:

Maybe so. But that is silly that they would go to a program that has not had the same success. In the last 10 years how many mythical national championships has each team won? You don't get better exposure at IMG either. IMO, and this can be debated, the coaching staffs are superior at MD and Bosco. 

IMG has better facilies and it's FREE. If those three ballers do well there, look for others to follow. I've always said the only way to stop IMG from poaching your state's or team's players is to beat them regularly!